White Knuckled

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by Blackbirddd »

Goddddddd I wanna hear it

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

There's is a guy on Army of 12 FB page that is sending a recording to people via messenger.
Last edited by ToNsOFuN88 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeadCell
Come To Life

Post by DeadCell »

I don’t even understand why SiriusXM is getting to aire it first anyway, it’s not like Octane have ever been a supporter of Alter Bridge or Tremonti. Usually they’ll play a song for a week after it comes out, then it goes off the que in favor of the next generic Shinedown song.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

DeadCell wrote:I don’t even understand why SiriusXM is getting to aire it first anyway, it’s not like Octane have ever been a supporter of Alter Bridge or Tremonti. Usually they’ll play a song for a week after it comes out, then it goes off the que in favor of the next generic Shinedown song.
To be fair, AB and Tremonti don’t push out a consistent stream of singles each album cycle like bands such as Shinedown, Breaking Benjamin, and Papa Roach do. I will agree that Octane doesn’t give Mark’s bands tons of airtime in general though.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

DeadCell wrote:I don’t even understand why SiriusXM is getting to aire it first anyway, it’s not like Octane have ever been a supporter of Alter Bridge or Tremonti. Usually they’ll play a song for a week after it comes out, then it goes off the que in favor of the next generic Shinedown song.
Maybe Napalm or someone elese paid the bribes to make Tremonti a regular guest in the Octane playlist.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Currently being reminded why I don't listen to the radio.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:Currently being reminded why I don't listen to the radio.
For what it’s worth, Octane and Turbo are better rock radio channels than anything you’ll get on public radio, at least in the US.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

omg the song i'ts literally a paramore/all time low song LMAO, but it sounds so good I love it

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Goshhh i want to hear Tremonti’s take on pop punk/rock so bad :lol
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

austinjhnsn wrote:Goshhh i want to hear Tremonti’s take on pop punk/rock so bad :lol
Me too. But no matter how much I'll like it, i still hope that the album will also have some really heavy stuff as AIW had.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
austinjhnsn wrote:Goshhh i want to hear Tremonti’s take on pop punk/rock so bad :lol
Me too. But no matter how much I'll like it, i still hope that the album will also have some really heavy stuff as AIW had.
I'm sure it will. With a song called Bringer of War, I can't imagine it being anything else but brutal.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
I'm sure it will. With a song called Bringer of War, I can't imagine it being anything else but brutal.
Well, we are talking about Mark Tremonti, a guy who named one of the ballads he wrote "Burn It Down"

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Mr. Slash wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:
Well, we are talking about Mark Tremonti, a guy who named one of the ballads he wrote "Burn It Down"
Ehh I wouldn't call it a ballad per se, but I know what you mean. I'd be willing to put money on it being heavy though.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

https://player.siriusxm.com/#/player/live

For those who'd like to listen to the song again (or perhaps for the first time), hopefully this link works.

Scroll down to Octane's Test Drive, click on it and Skindred will start playing. Click on the 'skip forward' button near the top right and it'll skip straight to 'Take You With Me'.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Cheers Dan :D

My thoughts on this song are...complex.
For all of the hope that it brings...

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Whoa... It sounds like a jacked up Foo Fighters song! Speedy and anthemic. I dig it!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

This song is fun on some weird level. Hm. :D

I'm confused, amazed and surprised. Would be kinda amazing if Tremonti would actually have some big success with the new album.

Edit: Is this song played in Open D5 tuning?

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Oh yea, this is gonna take awhile to digest haha. Chorus was really starting to grow on me by the end, love the message too. The intro was alarmingly poppy but when the speed riff kicks in for the verse I was much happier - all I can describe that part as is upbeat Metallica!? The bridge didn't seem to fit at all though... maybe that will take more listens.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

WaywardOne wrote:Oh yea, this is gonna take awhile to digest haha. Chorus was really starting to grow on me by the end, love the message too. The intro was alarmingly poppy but when the speed riff kicks in for the verse I was much happier - all I can describe that part as is upbeat Metallica!? The bridge didn't seem to fit at all though... maybe that will take more listens.
I agree on the bridge. It's a great bridge, but the transition to it isn't so smooth. Sounds a bit off, but not enough to change my feelings on the overall song!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Mark sounds pretty damn good in the verses! Highest notes from him I think thus far? I love this upbeat thrash thing :D
Thanks Timo!