Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

If Creed V never happens do you think Mark would take the music he had written, and since shelved, for that record, and put into AB or Tremonti? There was this riff I was just made aware of on FB that Mark has from 2011 that was supposedly for Creed V but I'd love to hear it in Tremonti if we never got Creed V. I dont recognize it from any of his post-2011 records :shrug Someone also said the teaser of From The Sky kind of reminded them a bit of this riff, but I dont hear it :/

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:If Creed V never happens do you think Mark would take the music he had written, and since shelved, for that record, and put into AB or Tremonti? There was this riff I was just made aware of on FB that Mark has from 2011 that was supposedly for Creed V but I'd love to hear it in Tremonti if we never got Creed V. I dont recognize it from any of his post-2011 records :shrug Someone also said the teaser of From The Sky kind of reminded them a bit of this riff, but I dont hear it :/

Idk why exactly, but I hate when people bring up Creed. Their 90s era is nostalgic for me. I loved Full Circle. I'm not a huge fan, but I like songs from them. I guess I wish they would just let it die. This isn't a stab at you Shea. I just don't understand the longing for it, when we have we Alter Bridge and Tremonti that is 1000x better, in my opinion. To me it's way more than enough to fill any type of void. Even more ridiculous, is I kinda want to binge some Creed songs now. Idk. I just want to hear A Dying Machine right now lol.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:If Creed V never happens do you think Mark would take the music he had written, and since shelved, for that record, and put into AB or Tremonti? There was this riff I was just made aware of on FB that Mark has from 2011 that was supposedly for Creed V but I'd love to hear it in Tremonti if we never got Creed V. I dont recognize it from any of his post-2011 records :shrug Someone also said the teaser of From The Sky kind of reminded them a bit of this riff, but I dont hear it :/

Idk why exactly, but I hate when people bring up Creed. Their 90s era is nostalgic for me. I loved Full Circle. I'm not a huge fan, but I like songs from them. I guess I wish they would just let it die. This isn't a stab at you Shea. I just don't understand the longing for it, when we have we Alter Bridge and Tremonti that is 1000x better, in my opinion. To me it's way more than enough to fill any type of void. Even more ridiculous, is I kinda want to binge some Creed songs now. Idk. I just want to hear A Dying Machine right now lol.
I didnt mean to bring up Creed to really discuss Creed if that makes any sense :lol It's only being mentioned because the Riff was supposedly for that project. I would 100% prefer there never be another Creed record, dont get me wrong, but when he stockpiles ideas like the one above that he thinks might work for a 5th Creed album, and we havent seen that riff on any other record in 7 years, the only choice I see is that. But no worries, I didnt take it as a stab at me, TOF! :peace

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:

I didnt mean to bring up Creed to really discuss Creed if that makes any sense :lol It's only being mentioned because the Riff was supposedly for that project. I would 100% prefer there never be another Creed record, dont get me wrong, but when he stockpiles ideas like the one above that he thinks might work for a 5th Creed album, and we havent seen that riff on any other record in 7 years, the only choice I see is that. But no worries, I didnt take it as a stab at me, TOF! :peace
I think it's some comments I've seen on recent posts. "Where's the new Creed album?" "Myles Kennedy is a poser, Stapp is better." (I'm paraphrasing). Just makes me want any type of Creed reunion, less and less. So it had less to do of you mentioning Creed, as to me just being over seeing that name being brought up. I'm glad you understand though, and didn't take it as me using you as a scapegoat, because I finally said something when you happened to mention it. Just a pet peeve is all.

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

Well I will match your pet peeve with MY pet peeve and that is Creed was a kick ass band that a lot of people loved. There wouldn't be an Alter Bridge for any of us here if it wasn't for Creed. Many people here were fans of Mark Tremonti long before AB ever was a thought so you should probably respect that and not rip on people for mentioning them.

Anyhow, if I remember right, that video was shot in Tremonti's house when he was jamming with Scott Stapp. But that was never really supposed to be a riff for Creed, it was just something that he came up with around that time. That video is actually the second part of a riff that he played on stage with AB a few times during a guitar duel that I really loved.... the other (first) part being a amazing descending riff that it sounds like he might used part of in Once Dead. It can be heard at about :57 seconds in this video:

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Vaux wrote:Well I will match your pet peeve with MY pet peeve and that is Creed was a kick ass band that a lot of people loved. There wouldn't be an Alter Bridge for any of us here if it wasn't for Creed. Many people here were fans of Mark Tremonti long before AB ever was a thought so you should probably respect that and not rip on people for mentioning them.

Anyhow, if I remember right, that video was shot in Tremonti's house when he was jamming with Scott Stapp. But that was never really supposed to be a riff for Creed, it was just something that he came up with around that time. That video is actually the second part of a riff that he played on stage with AB a few times during a guitar duel that I really loved.... the other (first) part being a amazing descending riff that it sounds like he might used part of in Once Dead. It can be heard at about :57 seconds in this video:

They were a kick ass band. I'm not saying they sucked, and I do respect them. I also said that it wasn't a stab at Shea. BUT this is the Tremonti forum. There is a whole discussion board for Creed. Having said that, Shea's actual comment was a valid one. Which I never got around to discussing because I derailed the thread lol. So yes, I could see him doing something like that. Unable To See always seemed like it was meant for Creed to me.

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

His studio vocals are good but to me he can't pull them off well in a live setting. He always sounds strained, like angry talking. I dunno how to describe it.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I forget - did that say that Keegan guy that they toured with when Wolfie was busy last season is doing bass on this album?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fish Tacos wrote:I forget - did that say that Keegan guy that they toured with when Wolfie was busy last season is doing bass on this album?
Erock is doing bass again on this album. Tanner is still doing touring bass only.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Garrett’s posting some pix on Instagram... looks like it’s from a video shoot!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

This is the Tremonti forum.

Hence, any and all references to Creed, Alter Bridge, Myles Kennedy, or any other persons having any other affiliation with Mark whatsoever (excluding Tremonti bandmates-except Wolfgang and Brian i.e. quitters, Tanner is teetering on the border as he is not an official member-only touring) that have in any way, shape, or form impacted or influenced Mark Tremonti as an artist and hence his current solo project of which we now observe, regardless of relevancy, will result in perma-bans.

Thank you all for your cooperation.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

The law has been laid down!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

For a second I thought that was a legit rule that I missed somewhere! :lol

6 DAYS UNTIL "A DYING MACHINE" AND THE ITUNES PRE-ORDERS! :eek :headbang :mtrocks

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

facelessman07 wrote:This is the Tremonti forum.

Hence, any and all references to Creed, Alter Bridge, Myles Kennedy, or any other persons having any other affiliation with Mark whatsoever (excluding Tremonti bandmates-except Wolfgang and Brian i.e. quitters, Tanner is teetering on the border as he is not an official member-only touring) that have in any way, shape, or form impacted or influenced Mark Tremonti as an artist and hence his current solo project of which we now observe, regardless of relevancy, will result in perma-bans.

:lol :lol :lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

facelessman07 wrote:This is the Tremonti forum.

So sayeth the glorious leader.

All hail facelessman07!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

according to Mark on Twitter the song being released this friday is 6.30 minutes.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

AllC392Was wrote:according to Mark on Twitter the song being released this friday is 6.30 minutes.
YES.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

He also mentioned there's no blast beats on the record!? :eek :no :mope With Garret it's probably unnoticeable as it is because he hits the drums so fast and hard :lol

4 DAYS UNTIL "A DYING MACHINE" SINGLE AND ITUNES PREORDERS! :headbang :mtrocks :cloud9

Mark also mentioned only some of the Book titles and Album titles are going to be the same. Not all of them will be.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

So is A Dying Machine the new single?!? Or is it the one they previously said was the first single?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote:So is A Dying Machine the new single?!? Or is it the one they previously said was the first single?
As far as I know there's only one single planned now and that's A Dying Machine :lol I think they might have changed their minds from the previous assumption or maybe the article was assuming and it wasnt confirmed at that point anyways? :headscratch :shrug

But what matters is getting a single period :lol