Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Through all of today’s madness, did we hear when the single will come out?
I don't believe an official date was announced. Just the track.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I’m arguably more hyped for this than I was for TLH...maybe because I know this will be much heavier. And also I love Mark’s vox!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I’m arguably more hyped for this than I was for TLH...maybe because I know this will be much heavier. And also I love Mark’s vox!
Same to be honest! Plus the production doesnt seem as bad from that preview clip. But maybe it's too early to tell about the over all production quality.

People keep telling me to not overhype it though otherwise I might be super disappointed like I was with The Last Hero :lol But then I tell them "BUT IT'S MARKS SOLO STUFF THOUGH!" :lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm kinda surprised the teaser vid was apparently not from the first single. I assumed they'd tease the single during mid-week like this and follow it up with the release of the song on Friday. Oh well lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Ok, did my pre-orders now with Fret12, Napalm and Nervegas. Got my tickets for the Zwolle-gig. But how and when to get our hands on the novel itself ?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:I'm kinda surprised the teaser vid was apparently not from the first single. I assumed they'd tease the single during mid-week like this and follow it up with the release of the song on Friday. Oh well lol.
When Cauterize and Dust was released they teased album tracks first before the single. :shrug I was actually hoping they'll do the same and tease another track before they release the single so we'll have 2 teasers and 1 single like the past two albums gave us :lol But of course your scenario with a Friday single is much better :lol

Cauterize: Radical Change tease, Flying Monkeys tease, Another Heart single
Dust: Catching Fire tease, The Cage tease, Dust single
ADM: From The Sky tease, xyx tease, Take You With Me single.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

riemslag1 wrote:Ok, did my pre-orders now with Fret12, Napalm and Nervegas. Got my tickets for the Zwolle-gig. But how and when to get our hands on the novel itself ?
Mark's saying on twitter that the aim is to have it out the same time as the record, so I guess it's not been finalised yet.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I'm kinda surprised the teaser vid was apparently not from the first single. I assumed they'd tease the single during mid-week like this and follow it up with the release of the song on Friday. Oh well lol.
When Cauterize and Dust was released they teased album tracks first before the single. :shrug I was actually hoping they'll do the same and tease another track before they release the single so we'll have 2 teasers and 1 single like the past two albums gave us :lol But of course your scenario with a Friday single is much better :lol

Cauterize: Radical Change tease, Flying Monkeys tease, Another Heart single
Dust: Catching Fire tease, The Cage tease, Dust single
ADM: From The Sky tease, xyx tease, Take You With Me single.
You're right that they used a similar approach with the past records too, I'd just assume get a full single as the first preview myself...I won't be too picky but I'd just rather have a full song already. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:but I'd just rather have a full song already. :lol
No arguing there, Andy! :peace We'd already have Take You With Me for 5 days if it was released the same date as Another Heart :/

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Can someone post the track lengths? I can't find it on itunes.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

THE BAND

http://www.tremontiproject.com/pages/band
Every lasting legacy remains rooted in an undying urge to grow. After two decades at the forefront of all things guitar, a GRAMMY® Award win, 40 million-plus units sold between Alter Bridge, Creed, and his eponymous Tremonti, and countless other accolades, Mark Tremonti once again summited an uncharted creative peak in 2018…

For the very first time, the guitarist and singer crafted an immersive concept and accompanying novel for Tremonti’s fourth full-length album and first for Napalm Records, A Dying Machine. As passionate about authors like Gene Wolfe and George R.R. Martin as he is about hard rock and heavy metal, the multitalented musician architected a big screen-worthy tale amplified by his most cohesive sonic vision to date.

“I’ve never done anything like this,” he admits. “I had the vision in mind the entire time. Some songs directly relate to the narrative, while some of them are more ambiguous. Even with the concept, it’s very personal. At it’s core, this is a human story, but with a twist.”

Since emerging in 2012, he and his bandmates—Eric Friedman [backing vocals / guitar / bass] and Garrett Whitlock [drums]—have built the foundation for such an ambitious statement. Their full-length debut All I Was and the follow up records Cauterize and Dust have earned the band a very strong following. The band has supported these records with extensive headlining gigs and festival appearances everywhere from Rock on the Range to Shiprocked.
In the minutes leading up to an Alter Bridge show in Hungary, the idea for this opus serendipitously arrived.

“I was warming up on guitar, and I just started writing this chord progression and singing over it,” he recalls. “The words, ‘You’re a dying machine’ came out. I thought about the subject matter throughout the night.”

That story unfolds as an emotionally charged narrative, spanning obsession, unrequited love, and destruction. The plot takes place at the turn of the next century, and the plan is to have the novel available at the same time as the record release.

Once again, he joined forces with longtime producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette [Slash, Alter Bridge] for recording in Orlando during late 2017. Beyond generating a pristine tone on Tremonti’s signature PRS MT-15 amp, the guys approached the sessions “more prepared than ever in the past.”

Fittingly, the band introduces this body of work with the title track “A Dying Machine.” Muscular and mechanized riffing spirals out towards an airy hook and hypnotic fingerstyle solo.

“I felt like ‘A Dying Machine’ was the perfect way to invite listeners into this world,” explains Tremonti.

The album itself kicks off fueled by the speed demon six-string death march of “Bringer of War.” A melodically massive hook underscores the apocalyptic landslide of down-picking and fiery fretwork.
“It’s about a warmonger with no pity who is just hell bent on destruction,” he elaborates.

Tremonti explores a new guitar tuning on the track, “Trust”.

“That’s a sound we’ve never embraced with the tuning and chord voicings. There’s a new mood to it.”

The crystalline blues-style tones of “The First The Last” belie a raw intensity of a different nature as the band “gets away with writing an emotionally charged song, because it’s in a fictional landscape,” laughs Tremonti. “You could liken it to somebody losing everything they ever cared about.”

The conclusion “Found” represents the biggest departure as it ends the album with an instrumental industrialized hum evocative of Massive Attack. It literally replicates the sound of A Dying Machine.

Meanwhile, the first single “Take You With Me” hinges on an airtight thrash gallop before an expansive and entrancing chorus.

He adds, “It’s basically saying, ‘Be proud of who you are. Be proud of whatever scars you have. Don’t ever forget where you came from. Stand up for yourself, and I’ll help you do it. You’re smarter and stronger than you’ll ever know. It’s someone trying to raise somebody up.’“

With extensive headline runs on the horizon and a European tour supporting Iron Maiden, Tremonti continues to grow into an ambitious hard rock force.

“This is an emotional record,” he leaves off. “I want fans to get a lot of emotion out of it. I’m very proud of the lyrics. I hope they stand out as much as anything else on the record.”

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote:Can someone post the track lengths? I can't find it on itunes.
I dont think the iTunes preorders are live yet so the track lengths aren't revealed yet either.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Maybe I missed it due to the flood of news, but was there a date for the first single announced?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote:Maybe I missed it due to the flood of news, but was there a date for the first single announced?
I don't believe an official date was announced. Just that it could be Take You With Me.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else find the title "The First The Last" kind of weird? :/ Like most titles like that would have of, to, and, etc in the middle or maybe even a comma but this one doesnt. :headscratch Guess I have to wait to hear the song to see why.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Maybe I missed it due to the flood of news, but was there a date for the first single announced?
I don't believe an official date was announced. Just that it could be Take You With Me.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else find the title "The First The Last" kind of weird? :/ Like most titles like that would have of, to, and, etc in the middle or maybe even a comma but this one doesnt. :headscratch Guess I have to wait to hear the song to see why.
How do we know Take You With Me might be the first single?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

WaywardOne wrote:
How do we know Take You With Me might be the first single?
Says so in Marshall's post above.

"Meanwhile, the first single “Take You With Me” hinges on an airtight thrash gallop before an expansive and entrancing chorus."
For all of the hope that it brings...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

This is all very very very very very very freakin cool.

:rockon :rockon :rockon
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Ohhhhhh derp, dunno how I missed that. No idea when we'll get to hear it, I thought the listening parties used to help determine the first single (the surveys), but obviously that's too far away now.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Here are a few ADM/Tremonti wallpapers I made if any of you are interested. (1920x1080)

Mullet151
Brand New Start

Post by Mullet151 »

Here are a few ADM/Tremonti wallpapers I made if any of you are interested. (1920x1080)
These are awesome :peace thanks so much!