Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by DarkKnight12 »

UninvitedZero wrote:
DarkKnight12 wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:I can't stop listening to the same minute over and over. Someone has gotta fill in the lyrics of the title track so we can hear all of it! Lol.

And I just remembered and had to give Gojira's "From The Sky" another listen...
Wouldn't it make more sense if we get the Title track as first single when the lyrics are completed?
It would. But this clip of From The Sky is already out. And maybe the title track is a lengthier cut on the record, not really "single" material. Cauterize wasn't the first single from that album either...

Whichever song is chosen just needs to be here NOW!
Yeah A Dying Machine could be a lengthy track since the announcement mentions the « epic title track » and thus, not be single material.. we’ll just have to wait and see !

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

Wow big news guys, this is from the new Marktremonti.com website. There is a lot of interesting infos here so read it all! And beyond all, it tells us that the first single will be Take you with me!

« Every lasting legacy remains rooted in an undying urge to grow. After two decades at the forefront of all things guitar, a GRAMMY® Award win, 40 million-plus units sold between Alter Bridge, Creed, and his eponymous Tremonti, and countless other accolades, Mark Tremonti once again summited an uncharted creative peak in 2018…

For the very first time, the guitarist and singer crafted an immersive concept and accompanying novel for Tremonti’s fourth full-length album and first for Napalm Records, A Dying Machine. As passionate about authors like Gene Wolfe and George R.R. Martin as he is about hard rock and heavy metal, the multitalented musician architected a big screen-worthy tale amplified by his most cohesive sonic vision to date.

“I’ve never done anything like this,” he admits. “I had the vision in mind the entire time. Some songs directly relate to the narrative, while some of them are more ambiguous. Even with the concept, it’s very personal. At it’s core, this is a human story, but with a twist.”

Since emerging in 2012, he and his bandmates—Eric Friedman [backing vocals / guitar / bass] and Garrett Whitlock [drums]—have built the foundation for such an ambitious statement. Their full-length debut All I Was and the follow up records Cauterize and Dust have earned the band a very strong following. The band has supported these records with extensive headlining gigs and festival appearances everywhere from Rock on the Range to Shiprocked.
In the minutes leading up to an Alter Bridge show in Hungary, the idea for this opus serendipitously arrived.

“I was warming up on guitar, and I just started writing this chord progression and singing over it,” he recalls. “The words, ‘You’re a dying machine’ came out. I thought about the subject matter throughout the night.”

That story unfolds as an emotionally charged narrative, spanning obsession, unrequited love, and destruction. The plot takes place at the turn of the next century, and the plan is to have the novel available at the same time as the record release.

Once again, he joined forces with longtime producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette [Slash, Alter Bridge] for recording in Orlando during late 2017. Beyond generating a pristine tone on Tremonti’s signature PRS MT-15 amp, the guys approached the sessions “more prepared than ever in the past.”

Fittingly, the band introduces this body of work with the title track “A Dying Machine.” Muscular and mechanized riffing spirals out towards an airy hook and hypnotic fingerstyle solo.

“I felt like ‘A Dying Machine’ was the perfect way to invite listeners into this world,” explains Tremonti.

The album itself kicks off fueled by the speed demon six-string death march of “Bringer of War.” A melodically massive hook underscores the apocalyptic landslide of down-picking and fiery fretwork.
“It’s about a warmonger with no pity who is just hell bent on destruction,” he elaborates.

Tremonti explores a new guitar tuning on the track, “Trust”.

“That’s a sound we’ve never embraced with the tuning and chord voicings. There’s a new mood to it.”

The crystalline blues-style tones of “The First The Last” belie a raw intensity of a different nature as the band “gets away with writing an emotionally charged song, because it’s in a fictional landscape,” laughs Tremonti. “You could liken it to somebody losing everything they ever cared about.”

The conclusion “Found” represents the biggest departure as it ends the album with an instrumental industrialized hum evocative of Massive Attack. It literally replicates the sound of A Dying Machine.

Meanwhile, the first single “Take You With Me” hinges on an airtight thrash gallop before an expansive and entrancing chorus.

He adds, “It’s basically saying, ‘Be proud of who you are. Be proud of whatever scars you have. Don’t ever forget where you came from. Stand up for yourself, and I’ll help you do it. You’re smarter and stronger than you’ll ever know. It’s someone trying to raise somebody up.’“

With extensive headline runs on the horizon and a European tour supporting Iron Maiden, Tremonti continues to grow into an ambitious hard rock force.

“This is an emotional record,” he leaves off. “I want fans to get a lot of emotion out of it. I’m very proud of the lyrics. I hope they stand out as much as anything else on the record.”

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

Must. Not. Freak out... How long until we hear Take You With Me?! I just want it all! Hahaha

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Mullet151 wrote:Whats up guys been stalking this thread for a few weeks dying for info feeling like a machine. So pumped to finally get a snippet of something! I have also been unable to stop listening to that clip over and over. Felt like things had been moving really slow in comparison to the Dusterize cycles. So glad to have some forward progress. :mtrocks
WELCOME TO THE PARTY! :rockon

Anyone else think the riff from the teaser sounds like My Last Mistake?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

WaywardOne wrote:
Mullet151 wrote:Whats up guys been stalking this thread for a few weeks dying for info feeling like a machine. So pumped to finally get a snippet of something! I have also been unable to stop listening to that clip over and over. Felt like things had been moving really slow in comparison to the Dusterize cycles. So glad to have some forward progress. :mtrocks
WELCOME TO THE PARTY! :rockon

Anyone else think the riff from the teaser sounds like My Last Mistake?
I do...but nothing wrong with it, that riff slays!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Btw, is this riff played in a major key?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Anyone else think the opening chord sounds like the That 70s Show theme?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Mr. Slash wrote:Btw, is this riff played in a major key?
It's basically My Last Mistake in a major key.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Btw, is this riff played in a major key?
It's basically My Last Mistake in a major key.
Nah, sounds a tad more complex than My Last Mistake.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I'm not a huge fan of that major riff, or the vocal melody over top of it.. but hot damn did that album preview article get me fucking pumped!!!!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

OMG I love this.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Anyone else think the opening chord sounds like the That 70s Show theme?
Absolutely. But this story is set early in the next century, so... That 2070's Show? Starring Topher Grace-tron?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Eradication;
Falling from the skies
Our creation;
Reform & rectify
Woah-hoooooohoh
Woah-hooooo-oh no
Falling from the sky
Dehumanize...

:rockon :cloud9 :headbang :mtrocks

Kreuger
White Knuckled

Post by Kreuger »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Kreuger wrote:I guess Todd got his shit together to write a rock opera, under a pseudonym.
I dont get it.... :headscratch :shrug
Its a reference to the show Bojack Horseman.
Scott Stapp:
28th March, 2014 at The Opera House in Toronto

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

All thats left now is the 1st single, the track Lengths, iTunes previews, iTunes pre-order, and Listening Party! :peace

Im not missing anything am I? :lol

45 DAYS UNTIL THE LISTENING PARTY! 72 DAYS UNTIL OFFICIAL RELEASE!

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

And Mark's vocals have taken yet another step forward. He's becoming very good at this. The effects are a nice touch.

Call me crazy, I now prefer his vox over that of the frontmen in his other projects. At least at this stage in their careers anyway.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

facelessman07 wrote:And Mark's vocals have taken yet another step forward. He's becoming very good at this. The effects are a nice touch.

Call me crazy, I now prefer his vox over that of the frontmen in his other projects. At least at this stage in their careers anyway.
Guess we're both crazy! :lol :cheers

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Through all of today’s madness, did we hear when the single will come out?

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
facelessman07 wrote:And Mark's vocals have taken yet another step forward. He's becoming very good at this. The effects are a nice touch.

Guess we're both crazy! :lol :cheers
That makes 3 of us
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!