Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
UninvitedZero
Isolated

Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by UninvitedZero »

I think Green Day's "American Idiot" was called a rock opera... Just a fancy way of saying concept album?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UninvitedZero wrote:I think Green Day's "American Idiot" was called a rock opera... Just a fancy way of saying concept album?
Oh :lol Well I mean I wouldn't complain if there was orchestral elements to the record. Plus I could see that happening after Mark worked with The Parallax Orchestra for the RAH shows. :shrug

But I'll be happy with it either way :peace

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

That'd be sweet! But I'd be wary of Elvis's production if they tried it. TLH was loud and crowded enough without Oboes and Cellos... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Super psyched anyway!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UninvitedZero wrote:That'd be sweet! But I'd be wary of Elvis's production if they tried it. TLH was loud and crowded enough without Oboes and Cellos... If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Super psyched anyway!
True :lol :/

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Garrett just posted that the record is officially finished. Soon...

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

A few more new lyrics coming your way shortly ;)
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Garrett just posted that the record is officially finished. Soon...
Yea, and it's a video of him enjoying listening to it through his headphones. WHAT A TEASE.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

An opera is just a story set to music. The music doesn't have to be orchestral. So a rock opera is just a story set to rock music.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:An opera is just a story set to music. The music doesn't have to be orchestral. So a rock opera is just a story set to rock music.
Oh okay thanks for the sharing that wealth of knowledge, Wise Andy! :peace :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:An opera is just a story set to music. The music doesn't have to be orchestral. So a rock opera is just a story set to rock music.
Becoming more like Greg, little by little...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

So the cheesy story Corey Taylor wrote for Stone Sour's "House of Gold and Bones" makes it an opera as well?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Becoming more like Greg, little by little...
Whoa now, that's a tall order I'm not sure I'm ready to take on.
Mr. Slash wrote:
So the cheesy story Corey Taylor wrote for Stone Sour's "House of Gold and Bones" makes it an opera as well?
I would count that as one because the entire double album tells a cohesive story. I remember reading that short story in the album notes lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I hope A Dying Machine has a decent run time. With it having 14 songs, I'm using a comparison between TLH and AIW in terms of their album lengths; with AB obviously having a longer run time between the two, I'd wish ADM was closer to that, or even longer if possible :cloud9 (In my dreams! :lol )

All I Was had 14 songs (including the 2 bonuses) for a total length of approx. 57:25
The Last Hero had 14 songs (with the bonus at the end) for a total length of approx. 71:38

Plus seeing as how this is Marks first concept record, and the fact there's now a story or an overall theme that connects the songs together, maybe that will somehow extend the length of the songs :shrug (wishful thinking :lol )

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Just bought a Lyric Sheet from the website! :peace I didnt buy one the last album cycle, but I just felt like it'd be something cool to add to my collection this time around. :rockon :mtrocks

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Can someone post the link or a screen shot of the "A Dying Machine" lyrics? It's been a while since I've seen what all has been revealed.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:Can someone post the link or a screen shot of the "A Dying Machine" lyrics? It's been a while since I've seen what all has been revealed.
Here you go! :D

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:Can someone post the link or a screen shot of the "A Dying Machine" lyrics? It's been a while since I've seen what all has been revealed.

Thank you! I feel like this is going to be a heavy one, based on the lyrics alone!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Thank you! I feel like this is going to be a heavy one, based on the lyrics alone!
You're welcome! :D Honestly I had opposite vibes for a while. :lol I was thinking it was gonna be a mellower softer more atmospheric song based off the 2nd section alone :lol But I guess we'll just have to wait and see :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Mark keeps saying the single is coming "very soon" on twitter, so I'm guessing the big reveal when the lyrics are done is that.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Mark keeps saying the single is coming "very soon" on twitter, so I'm guessing the big reveal when the lyrics are done is that.
I was hoping we'd get a chance yesterday to unlock more lyrics with another Q&A but I guess the band is only doing them anywhere from Mon-Fri :shrug :/