Re: Tremonti pt #4 - A Dying Machine

Post by nagpo »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Single?
Yes. And looking.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UninvitedZero wrote:Apparently once the lyric page for A Dying Machine is filled in, we'll hear "THE" announcement... A tracklist? Confirmation on the artwork? Something! Anything!
So we'll pretty much never get the announcement because that lyric page is never getting filled before the record is out :lol

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

There was just a Facebook Q&A. Only a couple questions to answer. First correct answers unlocked a code to plug in a word.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

UninvitedZero wrote:There was just a Facebook Q&A. Only a couple questions to answer. First correct answers unlocked a code to plug in a word.
I just saw that theyre doing that and came back to update my post saying I noticed it :lol Well that's very cool of them to do that! :rockon I cant wait to see the finished lyrics to the title track soon! :rockon :mtrocks

EDIT

Watching that new NAMM video again, and is it just me or does anybody else love the improvised clean patterns (5:37, 5:57) and riff (6:27) he played? :/ I have no idea if they are parts he's already used in the past or if they're on A Dying Machine or if they're even someone else's parts he's using as an example, but I love the way they sound ..And they're only a couple seconds! :lol :rockon :cloud9 :mtrocks Just thought I'd express that :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mark literally just shared this! :eek Now we know who the author is :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The author looks to have some pretty great credibility and wrote stuff that goes well with the speculated theme that is A Dying Machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shirley

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:The author looks to have some pretty great credibility and wrote stuff that goes well with the speculated theme that is A Dying Machine.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Shirley
I wiki'd the author too right after I saw the picture and I have to agree :lol I'm really excited for this whole experience now! :cloud9 I just hope they give a copy of the novel to everyone who already pre-ordered their bundles or at the very least have enough copies of the novel created so everyone gets a chance to get one. :eek

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
UninvitedZero wrote:There was just a Facebook Q&A. Only a couple questions to answer. First correct answers unlocked a code to plug in a word.
I just saw that theyre doing that and came back to update my post saying I noticed it :lol Well that's very cool of them to do that! :rockon I cant wait to see the finished lyrics to the title track soon! :rockon :mtrocks

EDIT

Watching that new NAMM video again, and is it just me or does anybody else love the improvised clean patterns (5:37, 5:57) and riff (6:27) he played? :/ I have no idea if they are parts he's already used in the past or if they're on A Dying Machine or if they're even someone else's parts he's using as an example, but I love the way they sound ..And they're only a couple seconds! :lol :rockon :cloud9 :mtrocks Just thought I'd express that :lol
Glad somebody mentioned this, it was bound to get lost in all the novel hype :lol . That was definitely new stuff but I was really impressed by how short and simple they sounded and yet I was totally hooked! I wouldn't be surprised if at least one of those riffs shows up on this album.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Having a cyberpunk novelist write the story seems to fit well for an album called A Dying Machine.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Mark literally just shared this! :eek Now we know who the author is :D
I wonder if the parts/chapters are song titles? As the Silence Becomes Me a possible song title?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Mark literally just shared this! :eek Now we know who the author is :D
I wonder if the parts/chapters are song titles? As the Silence Becomes Me a possible song title?
That would fit into the theme of it being a concept album+novel pairing.

Album title: A Dying Machine
Novel title: A Dying Machine
Song 1: As the Silence Becomes Me
Part 1: As the Silence Becomes Me
etc.

I actually kind of hope thats the case now :lol But I'm also really anxious to get the tracklisting revealed now too :lol :/

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So the Nervegas pre-order is alteady up there. To soon ? But Napalm themselves not yet. Can’t wait gor that. Perhaps Napalm is waiting for the novelcover to be finished to include it in their pre-order bundles ? Hoping for something very soon ! Where did MT find the time to do all this stuff ?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yea, we shirley know who the author is.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

From John Shirley's FB account:
What's happening with me is as follows...I've signed a contract to write a book with rock composer/ guitar hero Mark Tremonti (Creed, and Alter Bridge), who has written, and is recording, a rock opera called A DYING MACHINE. Mark and I are writing the novel that goes with the rock opera. I'm three chapters in, working closely with Mark, who had the whole concept and story arc and most of the characters clear in his mind from the start...
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9729839712

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Marshall wrote:From John Shirley's FB account:
What's happening with me is as follows...I've signed a contract to write a book with rock composer/ guitar hero Mark Tremonti (Creed, and Alter Bridge), who has written, and is recording, a rock opera called A DYING MACHINE. Mark and I are writing the novel that goes with the rock opera. I'm three chapters in, working closely with Mark, who had the whole concept and story arc and most of the characters clear in his mind from the start...
Heh, so the info was out there a month ago! Good find.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:
Marshall wrote:From John Shirley's FB account:
Heh, so the info was out there a month ago! Good find.
We are slacking.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, when we found out about the Royal Albert Hall shows, people looked at some posts that the conductor, Simon Dobson, was doing and he stated, one month prior to us knowing that this was going to be a thing, that he was working on a new composition and event and people saw that the title of one of those scores was titled "Cry of Achilles."

We just wouldn't expect at all that Mark would be working with a steampunk author to create a novel.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

The first verse of A Dying Machine is complete, we need more questions!!
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

"Rock Opera"

Hopefully it'll be as awesome as it sounds.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

So does that mean there's going to be orchestral elements to the record? :S What else would the term Rock Opera mean? :headscratch

Also, the first verse isn't complete. There's one more word missing at the end of the 2nd line. My guess is "Me". But the 2nd verse is complete! :rockon
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.