DUST Media Reviews

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: DUST - reviews

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.thenationalstudent.com/Music ... monti.html ★★★★★
Despite both Cauterize and Dust coming from the same recording sessions, vocalist/guitarist Tremonti has promised that the new album is “definitely not just the B-sides” of its predecessor.

And upon listening to the new record, it is very difficult to disagree with that sentiment: Dust is just as impressive and exhilarating as its stellar counterpart.

And once again, like Cauterize, Dust wastes little time in getting directly to the point.

Album opener ‘My Last Mistake’ immediately crafts a blistering, thrashy riff as well as a raw, visceral energy that continues throughout the entire 45-minute record.

The track’s speed metal musicianship is soon complemented by the post-grunge vocals of front-man Tremonti. His melodic yet aggressive singing style allows for his voice to mix perfectly with the record’s thrash-infused instrumentation while also add an impressive and empowering twist in the refrains.

‘My Last Mistake’ begins the trend that continues with tracks like ‘The Cage’ and ‘Catching Fire’, each containing stunning vocal passages alongside intense guitar-work. It is a combination that makes Dust a truly powerful record, bound to satiate not only hardcore metal fans, but also those that have followed Mark Tremonti’s work in hard rock bands Creed and Alter Bridge.

The guitar solos of Dust also remain just as incomparable as those present on Tremonti’s two previous releases. To talk about the quality of the band’s skills with six strings is practically superfluous at this point, as it is an ability that they have now proved three times in a row.

Mark Tremonti continues to showcase why he is one of rock’s premier guitarists, with every solo and riff surpassing the last, peaking at the emotive power ballad ‘Unable to See’.

The adjective “powerful” has been used to describe Dust throughout this review, and that is simply because the word is a fitting descriptive for every aspect of the album: the thrash instrumentation, the hard rock vocals, the raw guitar solos, the anthemic hooklines, all continuing precisely where Cauterize left off.

Comparatively, Dust is to Cauterize what Terminator 2 is to its original: each an amazing, heart-stopping experience, yet with the newer instalment being possibly the stronger of the duo.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

9/10: http://mosh.hitthefloor.com/reviews/10- ... with-dust/
With the release of Tremonti‘s third studio album Dust just on the horizon, it’s safe to say that Mark Tremonti has become far more than just one of the best rock guitarists of the modern age. Blossoming into a titanic front man for one of the globe’s fastest growing names in modern metal is no easy task. However when you have the talent and sheer balls to create an opus as pleasing as this one, you can just feel the righteousness buzzing around inside your ear canals. Are we looking at the best work to come from Tremonti as of yet?

Arriving on the scene less than a year after the band’s second effort Cauterize, it’s easy to fall into the train of thought that Dust has perhaps come too soon. However, we can assure you that this record is no half assed rushed effort. Dust is explosive from the off with the riff monster that is ‘My Last Mistake’ leading the charge, showcasing the immense guitar work from both Tremonti himself and fellow guitarist Eric Friedman. ‘The Cage’ has a colossal chorus, full of melody and raw power. Mark Tremonti’s singing voice is god-like to say the least. Almost like the ying to Alter Bridge band mate Myles Kennedy‘s vocal yang. Dust allows Mark Tremonti to use the entirety of his incredible vocal range. From powerful heartfelt lines of the album’s title track, to the roaring bellows of ‘Once Dead’, there aren’t many singers out there who’ve honed their vocal chords to this level of brilliance. If you don’t believe that statement, ‘Unable To See’ will soon change your mind.

Tremonti continue to raise the bar with each album they send our way. The writing is sensational and some of the music on this record is just phenomenal. Take the huge doomy riff on ‘Catching Fire’ for example, that is some next level shit and we’re begging to see if explode live on stage. Overall then, Dust has it all. Power, emotion and jaw to the floor levels of badassery. For all that to be crammed into 10 tracks is quite an effort, although everything has its own place and nothing feels disconnected which is great. We don’t want to get ahead of ourselves by saying we want new material right away. We’ve got more than enough Tremonti to keep us going for the time being. Although at the rate these guys churn out albums we might end up seeing a new record on the horizon sooner than we thought, what do you say Mark? Joking aside great work on the new record, it’s such a banger. We’re pretty certain Mark Tremonti suffers from: “UnableToWriteABadSongItus” a very serious disorder for the most talented of musicians.
"We’re pretty certain Mark Tremonti suffers from: 'UnableToWriteABadSongItus' a very serious disorder for the most talented of musicians" :lol :mtrocks So True!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.suffissocore.com/portal/revi ... monti-dust

TRANSLATED (VERY POORLY I MIGHT ADD, GOOGLE!)
This new solo work of guitarist of Alter Bridge is both a certainty and an opening to the future. A certainty that if you liked 'Cauterize' you will not make it hard to learn these ten songs memory. An opening to the future because it 'Dust' sounds more energetic and dynamic than its predecessor and, at least in a couple of episodes, shows a greater degree of experimentation in the construction of melodic lines. Nothing shocking, but for heaven's sake, after having honored their heavy metal influences, Mark Tremonti is trying to characterize more and more a project that many, making a tragic mistake, had considered just a personal whim or destined not to last. 'My Last Mistake' and 'The Cage' are the steps that enjoy a greater measure of experience behind Michael "console Elvis" Baskette while the title track and 'Rising Storm' offer a superior guitar for content professionals. 'Never Wrong' is the classic hard rock song that voiced by Myles Kennedy would fly in the top of the charts but Mark Tremonti want to prove sapersela also get to the microphone and so can be explained 'Once Dead' and the final sound of 'Unable To See '.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.electrictunes.de/2016/04/tre ... 06893.html

TRANSLATED
If one has approximately duly expected from the third slice Tremonti called "Dust" other than by their non einaml one year old predecessor "Cauterize"? Especially since our guitar expert Mark Tremonti told some time ago that "Cauterize" and "Dust" were created in a recording-slip? That the songs only so landed on two albums, because Mark Tremonti himself not on the outside, to flood the listener with a flood of titles? After this knowledge it was probably assumed to hold two in hand and hear with "Dust" is now a "Cauterize" part. But because of! Because the plate is in no way even close to a B-side collection, a leftovers. "Dust" is an associated Firecracker, a damn standalone disc. And a very good!

In the ten songs Tremonti rotates along with his guitar colleague Eric Friedman, bassist Wolfgang Van Halen and drummer Garrett Whitlock tidy up the speed. never, however, without losing their melodiousness or degenerate even in pure Tempogebolze - Many of the title species in real Thrasher and rapid Klopper from. Songs like the opener "My last Mistake," The Cage ", or" Once Dead "put in their instrumental parts before a decent speed, but take the vocals from some momentum away to give enough air Tremonti's voice. Whitlock brings in his game always small gimmicks under which gives the rhythm work much more presence.
Riff and excellent solos

Send With the title song Tremonti something Slower into the race - well, not really a ballad rather well for a song, which is commonly referred to as a power ballad. The catchy guitar run gets stuck in your ear, what an incredible Hook! After 5:22 minutes but then closing with the rest, a fat Uptemporocker with rich riffs conquered the ear canals. No, "Betray me" is not quite as fast as some previously been heard, but double bass Einsprenkler and heavily distorted riffs mix the song for harsher climes. As a mixture of the two previous songs acts "Tore my Heart out": darker mood, riff alternate with quiet moments. Again, an excellent solo - for such is the guitar fraction always good. His last breath breathed the title of very schwermetallisch.

And so it goes on "Dust": in "Catching Fire" is probably not a rocker, the Hard accustomed resist; the changes of tempo and style fusions make the song very interesting and varied. As a bouncer to Tremonti has once again something balladesque picked like on "Cauterize", on the gentler "Sympathy" and "Providence" marked the end of the disc, it is time "Unable to see". Although real campfire does not come on, but for many a like something ever under the category "metallic romantics" fall. Apart from the two quieter songs Tremonti is "Dust" probably succeeded hardest work of his recent solo project history. And probably a damn strong too! (Band Photo: Press Photo)

"Dust" of Tremonti has ten tracks and a running time of 43:20 minutes. The album release date April 29, 2016 was published on Fret 12 Records.

Playing tips: My Last Mistake, Once Dead, Catching Fire,

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://whatculture.com/music/tremonti-d ... wed-ranked

Rating: ★★★★★
Carving out a devoted following all his own thanks to brutal riffs, incredibly infectious vocals and intricate guitar work, Mark Tremonti and his band of merry members Garrett Whitlock, Eric Friedman and Wolfgang Van Halen have made it their mission to redefine the word 'heavy'.

Fast-forward to the Cauterize/Dust double album sessions, and you've got an artist positively bursting with creativity. Cauterize is still for my money, a slightly better record overall (nothing will ever beat Sympathy or Another Heart), but as Mark noted in holding back a few of his initial favourite songs for this second release, there are some real gems making up the tracklist.

Truly, the thing that'll take your breath away - especially if you've been following Tremonti for a few years - is just how accomplished he is as a musician and composer. 2016 sees the band a learned, masterful and sonically experimental beast; one that'll warm your heart with a gorgeous chorus one minute, before collapsing the walls with a crushing breakdown the next.

It's this firm grasp of melody and dynamics that make Tremonti the finest bunch of hard rock musicians working today. Hell, despite this being a 'side project' for Mark in between touring with Alter Bridge, he's still birthed enough incredible songs to command a string of arenas.

Here's my track-by-track review, ranked for the sake of some fun debate. Let me know your own favourites in the comments below...

10. Tore My Heart Out

This midpoint track shows the album isn't slowing down for a second, despite any softer connotations the title may indicate. Instead, Mark continues to bellow out every syllable like his life depended on it, leading to a thunderous outro that carries everything off like a freight train.

A really cool takeaway though, is the solo - one of my personal favourites, it's a subtle yet soaring composition that uses the chorus melody as a jumping-off point, encapsulating the track and proving Mark can still play with your heart strings better than anyone.

9. Betray Me

In any other artist's hands, the lyrics "How could you betray me? Remember hope? Remember faith? Remember trust?" may have floundered, but Tremonti puts so much passion behind every word, it sells the lines like no other artist outside Alter Bridge's own Myles Kennedy.

By having the titular track's venomous name personify the sledgehammer chord-chokes and relentlessness therein, it leads to a guitar technique Mark very rarely uses, now immortalised on-record - sweep picking.

Yes, one of the most complex things to pull off is now firmly within his repertoire. Formerly seen in Alter Bridge's Cry a River where it appeared alongside a sliding variation, listen for the repeated passage of notes towards the close of this song's solo to hear it for yourself - and then see if you can keep up!

8. My Last Mistake

Talk about your pace-setting opening tracks. My Last Mistake easily lives up to the unabashed ferocity Radical Change debuted on Cauterize, this time playing to an off-kilter time signature that's as refreshing as it is pulse-pounding.

Once again - as should be the case when a lead guitarist takes the reigns on a solo album - the guitar solo itself is a marked highlight. Fans will recognise a brilliantly complex mix of smaller signature elements from all of Tremonti's past studio efforts, and there's everything from escalating dual-string bends to sliding octaves and of course, a lightning-fast legato run to wrap it all up.

Throw in one of the best choruses on the album and there's a damn good reason this was the second single preparing us for the full release. It's brilliant.

7. Catching Fire

In my notes for this song, I simply wrote down "BREAKDOWN RIFF", which should tell you all you need to know about which part took my face off.

That's not the only thing, Catching Fire marks one of two tracks that features a defining vocal intro alongside an increasingly heavy progression. With Tremonti in full-on vocal showcase mode, it's a more fun-sounding track, with repeated shouts of "You just let it go!", the whole band kicks in underneath, contributing to a lung-emptying chorus. I'll gush about Mark's vocals in Dust and The Cage, but Catching Fire puts his sheer power to a faster-paced use.

That riff breakdown though, holy Myles is that good. Beginning as a muted, descending piece that sets the tone, the actual passage itself bursts out the speakers like the mouth of Hell itself letting loose an epic roar.

Mark, Eric and Wolfgang go hell for leather on their guitars as Garrett backs it all up by smashing the living daylights out the kit. Like being baptised in the fires of heavy metal, it's quite the religious experience.

6. Unable To See

The second it starts, Unable to See is quintessential Tremonti. A light, fingerpicked intro melody (VERY reminiscent of Alter Bridge's Waters Rising), a strumming pattern that puts the emphasis on vocals, and lyrics that only grow and become more relatable as you take them in.

Starting with that basic sung delivery and building into a more throaty performance as each chorus line comes back around, this is easily the most 'feelgood' track on the album, if only in the way it asks you to look within yourself, and question whether you're really taking on board all the advice and influence around you.

Small note too, the end of this song's solo has one of my favourite little riffs on the record; a neat repeating run up and down the neck, followed by an even faster progession, before folding back into the gorgeous intro melody. Sublime.

5. The Cage

Following an intro that has a slight nod to Judas Priest's Painkiller, the dynamic completely changes as Tremonti decides to upend all your expectations, singing in a higher vocal register for the whole track.

It's things like this that prove he'll never be content releasing too much similar-sounding material, and I find it immensely refreshing to hear an artist genuinely challenge themselves.

This ethos transfers across into one of the more unique solos on the album, too. Featuring a complex escalating pattern that leads into an onslaught of hammer-ons and pull-offs, it ends by combining what sounds like a finger-tapped lick with another go-round of the same pattern played on two strings.

In short, it's a total standout, and no doubt fans will be eagle-eyeing Tremonti's fingers live, to see how it's really done.

4. Once Dead

If there's one thing the band understand more than any other hard rock musicians working today, it's the pleasure in cranking volume dials up beyond 11. Once Dead is an absolutely furious display of Garrett Whitlock's prowess behind the drums, a remarkable display of talent that takes blast beat sections even Slipknot would resign to specific pockets of a song, and fires through them for the duration.

It's psychotically fast and completely unrelenting, by far the heaviest track on the album, and one of the most brutally pleasurable songs Mark's ever put his name to, no matter which band you name.

The triple-cymbal intro is reminiscent of All I Was' You Waste Your Time, which just goes to show how much both Tremonti and the band have grown and flexed not only as musicians, but also as artists who know exactly what the fans want.

3. Rising Storm

Mark has always had a way with vocal highs and lows, and it's by demonstrating such confidence in his refined range, that he's able to craft choruses like Rising Storm's.

Only the great Myles Kennedy or perhaps Shinedown's Brent Smith tend to weave vocal lines this dynamically, and it's a testament to just how confident he's become as a vocalist, that the song exists as it does.

Rising Storm makes up the one-two punch that heralds in Unable to See alongside Never Wrong; a solid couple of crunchy songs with huge choruses and tight solos that segue into a really big, emotional finish. Perfect.

2. Never Wrong

Starting out with a supremely slick muted passage reminiscent of something from Slash & Myles Kennedy's World on Fire album, it sees Tremonti loosening up the more intense feel from the first half of the album, segueing into a bouncier chorus that became one of my personal favourites.

Such a positive mood only aids in how infectious it all is, and I found myself singing this one back to myself far more than the rest - at least for the first few days of living with the album.

Sometimes the best Tremonti tracks are the ones where you can tell both he and the band are just cutting loose and executing on what they know they can do best - like Cauterize's Tie the Noose. It shows that their baseline is already way higher than any contemporaries, and Never Wrong is a solid builder of a tune that would be the best song on here, if not for...

1. Dust

A song to build a career on, Dust is not only the finest track on the album, but one that perfectly reinforces the two sides of the Tremonti coin; melodies you'll wake up singing the next day... just before headbang-induced neck cramp kicks in.

As a statement of intent from both Mark as a performer and the band overall, it's already timeless. Seriously, I can't sing enough the praises of the vocals enough; the phrase 'singing your heart out' is more than apt. Give the above video a shot and just wait for the chorus, it's unbelievably emotive.

What he's penned here will put a smile on your face, summon the occasional tear, and everything in between. It's by far the most impressive song on Dust, and one of the greatest songs Tremonti has ever written.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.rocksins.com/reviews/tremonti-dust-27525/
Rating: 7.5/10

Riffs: 8/10
Solos: 8/10
Standout Tracks: 7/10

+ Ever improving vocals | Cracking solos | Title track is stunning

- High standards can't always be maintained throughout

After the success of Cauterize, Mark Tremonti and the Tremonti solo project are back with their third album, Dust. Recorded at the same time as Cauterize, there is a big question awaiting the listener: could Mark and his collaborators, including Wolfgang Van Halen, produce two high quality albums at once?

Opener My Last Mistake kicks things off in familiar style. It’s rapid paced, the riffs have a real crunch to them and the thrash influences mesh well with a big chorus to create a very effective start to the album. Songs like The Cage and Once Dead continue the rapid fire start enjoyably without quite having the same impact as My Last Mistake before things then take a distinctive step up.

Dust (the albums’ title track) is a huge, soaring epic of a song that has the Tremonti band sounding as good as they ever have. Mark’s powerful vocal delivery (particularly on the chorus) and one of the finest solo’s he’s ever delivered in any of the bands’ he has been a part of make Dust the highlight of the album bearing it’s name. Some of the songs in the second half of the album are perfectly acceptable without standing out but there are also more moments of true quality. Rising Storm features pounding drum routines throughout from Garrett Whitlock underpinning the guitar work which by now is almost taken for granted to be excellent – and sure enough, it is.

Throughout the album, the musicianship is nothing less than one would expect from Tremonti and friends, with much to enjoy and little to fault. One of the fears of Tremonti releasing two albums within a year was that Dust would essentially end up as the B-Sides album to Cauterize. There is definitely enough here to show that hasn’t happened (and thus preventing a Stone Sour House Of Gold & Bones Part Two situation).

There is a line of thought that says had the very best of Cauterize and the very best of Dust been combined into a single album, you would have had an outstanding album, rather than two very good ones, but regardless Dust is a very enjoyable listen in it’s own right. Dust has to go down as another success for a man that can do very little wrong, and hopefully this form will continue into the next Alter Bridge record that is due later this year.

Dust is released on the 29th of April 2016 through FRET12.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

5/5 Review: http://www.metaltalk.net/columns2016/20167627.php
Displaying a high level of musicianship stemming from a broad professional history, American guitarist Mark Tremonti's recent break into solo work has undoubtedly won the hearts of the rock-loving public. Warping faint threads of familiarity with the thick taint of his own individual creative flair, the resulting blend has offered fans of his previous work an intense, sometimes dark and entirely captivating listening experience.

I had the pleasure of wrapping my ears around Tremonti's third studio album 'Dust' a little ahead of its scheduled release.

'Dust' announces its arrival with unashamed lashes of musical bite and vigor. The intense energy of 'My Last Mistake', 'The Cage' and 'Once Dead' set the scene with vivid energies, a nod to the driving forces behind 'Cauterize' and 'All I Was'. Signifying another exercise in the gritty guitar work with thick and satisfying vocal melodies, these opening tracks embody everything we've come to love in Tremonti's solo work. 'The Cage' draws particular attention thanks to an exciting, guitar-driven opening and a broad, atmospheric chorus.

Right off the bat, it's evident that the ex-Creed and current Alter Bridge guitarist has no intention of falling away from the spotlight any time soon, and this release comes less than a year after 'Cauterize'. It's an impressive leap from the three year gap lying between his debut release and its successor, and I will confess that I had my concerns.

Would this signify a slightly weaker or "rushed" presentation? Would the album consist of little more than "offal" tracks not quite good enough to fit onto 'Cauterize'? Breaking into the opening content of 'Dust', I can see that this simply isn't the case; as much care and attention has gone into this release as the previous two, and it really shows by the slick presentation and gripping content... even in just the opening 5-10 minutes.

Dropping into calmer waters, the album's title track flexes a more relaxed tone, giving Tremonti's vocal chords a chance to really stretch into the foreground. While the more agitated tracks that precede it seem to focus on a foreground painted with an energised guitar presence, it's tracks like these (along with closing track 'Unable To See') that really show the strength and flexibility of Tremonti's telltale vocal tone and presence. It's a welcome companion to the instrumental backdrop, and the vocal work displayed throughout 'Dust' is better than ever.

The tension rises once more, soaring into 'Betray Me', 'Tore My Heart Out' and 'Catching Fire'. Here I find myself singing along in no time to satisfying, simple-yet-sticky chorus melodies, whacking my palms down onto my knees and keeping time with the drone of chuggy chord progressions and driving percussive work. If there's one thing I can say about Tremonti's previous releases it's that they're great fun to listen to.

'Dust' is no exception to this rule, as each individual track has been painted with a slightly different yet highly memorable palette, complete with its own set of sticking points and attributes. Feeling like the complete pieces of a larger puzzle, the assortment of tracks presented here contribute to a much broader and more interactive listening experience. Sure, you can download the odd track to throw into a playlist if you wish, but the album as a whole offers enough animation to entertain from start to finish, dipping and weaving into a broad spectrum of musical grounds.

As 'Dust' draws to a close with 'Never Wrong', 'Rising Storm' and 'Unable To See', I find myself smiling broadly and reaching over to cue up the album once more from the top, ready to plunge myself once more into the fray. It's worth pointing out that there aren't that many albums out there that can make me do this.

Closing Comments? I've been listening to Tremonti's back catalogue alongside this release, and 'Dust' clearly draws upon the experience of it's predecessors to support itself while daring to take yet another step forward into deeper waters. The arc of progression in Tremonti's style is evident when comparing his latest release to his previous work, yet his unique and colourful style has fast become a much-loved trademark of his solo material.

I for one mark 'Dust' as a strong and highly enjoyable release, and feel that any self-respecting guitar geek or alt-rock fan would be a fool to miss out on this one. Tremonti will be performing at this year's Download Festival, and I'm most definitely going to be tearing up the crowd, saluting the live performance of his new release with some neck-snappingly aggressive headbanging. Come join me, yeah?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://devilsgatemedia.com/review-tremonti-%C2%AD-dust/

I can't copy & paste the text from the review as it says 'content is protected', but as per usual, the reviewer pretty much sounded like they gave it 5/5.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

88/100 Review: http://www.therockstop.co.uk/reviews/tr ... um-review/
Now is a pretty good time to be a fan of the man riffing machine that is Tremonti. What with Alter Bridge albums aplenty with another one due on the horizon later this year, and this, (Dust’) his third album as ‘Tremonti’ in less than three years, the bloke is positively proilific.

Dust is pretty much a companion piece to last years explosive ‘Cauterize'. Think of it like the current trend to split the last film of a trilogy into two parts (like The Hunger Games, or Harry Potter). This is pretty much what Tremonti has done here. Rather than subject the listener to a major riffage overload that few could withstand on a potential double album, he let the ‘Dust’ literally lie on ‘Cauterize’, before unleashing it onto his public.

The Tremonti band(wagon) is still Eric Friedman (Guitar) and Garrett Whitlock (Drums), along with young Wolfgang Van Halen (Bass). The continuity is paying major dividends. I cant say here that his voice is sounding EVEN better this time around as both Cauterize and Dust were recorded at the same time pretty much.

There is definitely a step change in Tremonti’s vocal delivery over ‘All I Was’. Immediately you can tell ne has grown as a vocalist, and improved quite considerable since the debut album

‘My Last Mistake’ positively comes racing out at you like a horde of zombies, and not those slow buggers, the ones that sprint like they are attached to a SCUD. The riff is a bruising affair indeed. ‘The Cage’ is an example of how to thy to fuck up your drummer, with Whitlock pounding the skins as if the bloke’s an octopus. You know that if an intro contains four blasts of a cymbal, then there’s brutal riffs following the count-in, and here Tremonti doesn’t disappoint! Tremonti hasn’t got the best vocal range in the World, but he knows his limitations and sticks to what he knows is possible. Its not Todd La Torre stuff, but it doesn’t make it any less worthy as the voice fits the song.

‘Dust’ immediately sounds as if it would be perfect for an Alter Bridge album. This is the issue when one has a certain style, its hard to breakaway from the now firmly established Tremonti guitar tone and style. I really can imagine Kennedy chipping in with vocals on this one. Its not at face melting as the preceding tracks and this makes for a very pleasant listen, its more balladic and soaring.

‘Betray Me’ mixes both power and melody to great effect and its probably equal in measure to the light and heavy side of Tremonti. ‘Catching Fire’ is a song to get the blood coursing around your system. All I can say is that Whitlock deserves double pay as the bloke does twice as much as the average drummer. ‘Never Wrong’ is a song that plays second to ‘Dust’ in order of favourites, and has a very 80s vibe to it, with dare I say a touch of Van Halen? ‘Rising Storm’ is basically a Ronseal effort – it does what it says on the tin. ‘Unable To See’ sees Tremonti going out on a high. It’s a truly strong and emotional piece, with its subtle start, rising to a crescendo, then falling back to acoustic…..

Tremonti hasn’t gone for ‘all out Thrash’ on this one and has probably provided his most diverse and interesting Tremonti album to date. I do think that fans of his first two may put this at the bottom of their list, but it’s the most rewarding album for Alter Bridge fans. Whilst Tremonti was quick to point out that Dust is not an album of B sides, I truly believe him. This for me sits more comfortably as a fan of Alter Bridge than the Thrash temple of Tremonti. Its possible that some songs are recycled AB riffs, but who gives a toss. Creed and AB will always be difficult to break away from due to his inimitable style

He has well and truly earned the right to make the albums that please him and not certain sections of his various fan bases. For me, this one, due to its range of songs is the most effective

Score – 88/100

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

3.5/5 Review: http://www.writteninmusic.com/metal/tremonti-dust/

TRANSLATED
Last year Tremonti two albums with his band, but they did not bring simultaneously. Last year Cauterize and now with Dust appears the other part of the diptych. Substantive differences albums barely apart; heavy metal riffs, a pounding rhythm section and melodic vocals. Mark Tremonti is a good guitarist, but suffers like many of his contemporaries playing guitar with a serious lack of variety in his compositional style. Listen to a few songs from Tremonti's album and you know them all, just like in the solo albums from Slash. Mr deliver any bad albums, but they never really captivate for a long time because the compositions simply too many are in line and sometimes barely differ. Add to this that the guitar sound on each track is the same and you have a recipe for predictability or less euphemistically, monotony. It does yearn for the days of Gary Moore, Tommy Bolin, Frank Marino and Uli Jon Roth, rock guitarists who were not caught out.

Tremonti (Alter Bridge, Creed) majority graced by Dust in fat metal riffs and short sharp solos and pushing the listener ten heavy metal songs for almost all who follow the same pattern. It is positive that he is going to sing better every album. The rhythm section of bassist Wolfgang Van Halen (yes, the son of Edward) and drummer Garrett Whitlock attracts every song just a few sprints between -Still to the already high rate even further screwing up. The butter fat production by Michael 'Elvis' Baskette is full and hard, but little subtle. From the pop tough opener My Last Mistake to Rising Storm is almost continuous full speed ahead. If the foot as the accelerator is like the title track or capstone Unable To See feels like a relief. But those moments are rare. Every song on Dust has a right to exist, but a few songs puts succession exposed the shortcomings of Tremonti. Change the spice of life, but this is merely concentrates for headbangers.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

"Shortcomings of Tremonti" invalidates everything about that last one.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ashlee wrote:"Shortcomings of Tremonti" invalidates everything about that last one.
:lol how so?

Its crazy how many reviews you can find online when you actually go looking for them. I had no idea this many people made reviews this early before the album. But it's good to see that they are all pretty much A-Grade album reviews.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ashlee wrote:"Shortcomings of Tremonti" invalidates everything about that last one.

Its crazy how many reviews you can find online when you actually go looking for them. I had no idea this many people made reviews this early before the album. But it's good to see that they are all pretty much A-Grade album reviews.
Lol it just seems like the reviewer is someone who's never listened to a consistently heavy album before...i find it strange that he even gave it a 3.5 because the tone is consistently negative. There just seems to be a strange bias or ignorance here. He writes it as if he thinks you can't have 2 or 3 heavy songs back to back on an album. Yeah Mark alternate heavy-soft-heavy-soft on all your albums...that would be good pacing :lol
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.laut.de/Tremonti/Alben/Dust-99497 I think they gave it 4/5 but not really sure...

TRANSLATION
Well over twenty songs had Mark Tremonti in his luggage when he last year for the second time under his own name, the studio enterte ( " Cauterize "). Ten of them know the fans already in and out. Now the followers of must Alter Bridge -Songwriters forward to the second package of last year's recording session.

Of course, when one or the other fan shrill immediately the alarm bells. One wonders why it did not make it onto the first album the laggards? Quick drop terms like bonus material and B-sides. After a few minutes but is again rest in a box. With breakneck " Battery " -Riffing and a weighty produced Background blend of alternative and thrash the opener "My Last Mistake" brettert ahead like a bulldozer.

Six minutes later Mr Tremonti, Friedman, Whitlock and Van Halen put the whole the pace even go one better ( "Once Dead"). In between: pure energy, coupled with great emotions ( "The Cage"). Those responsible pull all the stops of their skills. B-sides? Nope! It is even thicker.

For the title track to the amps rotates although down a little. But that does not change the force with which echoes the song out of the speakers. Has anybody an alternative over-hit of the year on the list? If not, if you please: here it is! Shone last year "Sympathy" brightest, marked here and now "Dust" the summit of an album that allows also in the further course no weaknesses.

Songs like the firing on all cylinders "Catching Fire", reminiscent of the younger age bridge past festival anthem "Never Wrong" or the final, loud and soft swinging second spearhead for the album "Unable To See" prove again how much lifeblood and passion to Tremonti has dedicated his distinctive sound world.

"Dust" is anything but an accumulation of obsolete stocks. At times the album topped even his predecessor. Especially vocally presents the boss of the whole at its best. Depth storytelling passages he copes well as sprawling from the pathos department. And Tremonti dexterity we need not even talk. They are and remain a class apart.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

http://www.headbangerslifestyle.com/alb ... 12-records
Mark Tremonti is mainly known as the guitarist from Creed and Alter Bridge but in his solo band Tremonti he proves to be a very convincing singer as well. ‘Dust’ being his third album, recorded at the same sessions as the second ‘Cauterize’, it is not surprising that it has a similar atmosphere. ‘Dust’ contains 10 super heavy riff based songs but they always stay melodic because of the vocal lines. The album opens with the heavy ,,My Last Mistake’’ followed by the just as heavy ,,The Cage’’ that also has grungy influences. And that’s how we could qualify Tremonti’s music: modern day thrash with grunge influences. Always melodic and divers. ,,Once Dead’’ has a Pantera-like riff and the title track ,,Dust’’ is a rock ballad with a lot of mood swings which makes it a highlight on the album. Besides Tremonti it is once again drummer Garrett Whitlock and bassist Wolfgang van Halen who are responsible for the super tight rhythm section with rhythm guitarist Eric Friedman paving the way for Tremonti to excel with his solos like on ,,Betray Me’’, ,,Never Wrong’’ (grungy, nice layered vocals), ,,Catching Fire’’ and ,,Rising Storm’’. ,,Tore My Heart Out’’ is a power ballad carried by van Halen’s pumping bass that allows you to take a breath halfway through the album. Like on the previous two albums, ‘All I Was’ and ‘Cauterize’, also on ‘Dust’ Tremonti shows his love for metal. A job well done.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

poshisjarker wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Lol it just seems like the reviewer is someone who's never listened to a consistently heavy album before...i find it strange that he even gave it a 3.5 because the tone is consistently negative. There just seems to be a strange bias or ignorance here. He writes it as if he thinks you can't have 2 or 3 heavy songs back to back on an album. Yeah Mark alternate heavy-soft-heavy-soft on all your albums...that would be good pacing :lol
I think it's weird he gave it a 3.5 as well, but overal I think he raises some good points.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:

Mostly tongue-in-cheek. Everyone is welcome to their opinion I guess. I just happen to think this reviewer is wrong. haha

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: DUST Media Reviews

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

6.5/10 Review: http://www.metallus.it/recensioni/tremo ... ione-dust/

TRANSLATED:
Here it is, the long-awaited little brother "Cauterize" , album that, for better or worse, has circulated the name of Mark Tremonti in a period of "silence" of Alter Bridge (which is almost ready to record as a back).

With the confirmation of the "Cauterize" training (Friedman / Whitlock / Van Halen) "My Last Mistake" resumes the frontal attack of its predecessor and goes on to outline even more markedly the solo career of the American musician in the field of heavy metal with more and more awareness of their vocal abilities, not lofty but not disturbing (the refrain is insightful despite strong base); "the Cage" is placed next to "Ties that Bind", "Metalingus" and other pieces pulled Alter Bridge with a primal rage that would give the charge to the metal even most hardened fans (nice slowing dark prog before the solo) while the title track emphasizes a more melodic approach with a splendid solo to seal a truly emotional / exciting piece consists of a delicious chord progression

On the final hand in a series of not exactly memorable and original tracks that relegate "Dust" perhaps a step below its predecessor and "All I Was" a shame for what can definitely be considered one of the best guitarists of the new generation; the battery does not push as in previous works, but we believe it is a stylistic choice atta to favor the middle and certain post-grunge sounds expensive step to the Creed is the fact that the final result does not completely satisfy despite does not come at least to undermine the reputation of the Tremonti musician .

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

8/10 Review: http://rockmuzine.nl/2016/04/28/11157/

TRANSLATED:
'Dust' is the third (solo) album by Mark Tremonti's band Tremonti and appear on Friday, April 29th 2016. Besides Mark Tremonti the band is again Wolfgang Van Halen (bass), Eric Friedman (guitar) and Garrett Whitlock (drums). That's not so surprising since 'Dust' in the same session and the same producer (Michael 'Elvis' Baskette) is included as predecessor' Cauterize. On both albums are 10 similar songs, creating a qualitative twins.

The album starts strong with 'My last mistake "and is followed by the rapid' The Cage '. After pointy 'Once Dead "follows the title track. This is a strong ballad in the style Alter Bridge with a pinch Creed. After this album pops through to the final track "Unable to see. This semi ballad I'd like to see carried out by Alter Bridge. I think Myles Kennedy's voice could add an extra dimension to this.

Looking back, I can not think of a bad album by Mark Tremonti. By Creed and Alter Bridge has only made strong albums and this line he gets through with Tremonti. Good songs with strong guitar and drums complemented with beautiful vocals. What else do you want.
Some bands you ever think .... had selected the best songs and made one album. There is no question of here. They are two strong albums that nothing inferior to another. Did you have a good album you can Dust 'buy blind Cauterize' (released on July 4, 2015). The store will run no more, so order the album online or buy a download.

Tremonti will promote the album firmly. Besides the major European festivals such as FortaRock, Graspop, Download, Hellfest they are also on June 16 at the Theater Heerlen.

And then ... Mark makes the album of Alter Bridge off, followed by a tour and summer festivals in 2017. Fill in the further schedule of this musical workaholic in yourself.

(8/10, Fret12 Records)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

4.5/5 Review: http://www.rockrebelmagazine.com/2016/0 ... onti-dust/

TRANSLATED:
Mark Tremonti, deservedly won a Grammy Award, is back with his third chapter and music with his TREMONTI project, we hope to have followed for a long long time. With the debut album "All I Was" marked an era as part grunge post, while "Cauterize" split some 'fans laid them on two totally opposing sides on the album valuation despite being in places the highest of the listed world rankings. "Dust" has the flavor of rebirth from the ashes of a phoenix going to be characterized more by the sounds of "All I was" but a nod to evolution.

Perhaps ironically, the album starts with the song "My Last Mistake", possibly alluding to "Cauterize" (???), a song from the overbearing rhythmic shooting, a riffaggio compact guitar and dragging it back to the sounds with we met the band. The music industry is now a certainty as the vocals, always up and supported by the choirs of Eric and Wolfgang who give a great contribution. First track of the album is definitely hit "The Cage": breaks, rhythmic changes, sound variations and stunning riffs, a complete package. Important thing is the return to those unmistakable solos that characterize Mark and in the past are a bit 'missed. Totally destructive is the adjective that best suits "Once Dead" that sees a harmony double case-palm muting of absolutely stunning guitar riffs, as well as impressive is Garrett Whitlock to the skins in his changes of tempo and rhythm patterns. The first single is "Dust" the hardrock ballad creepy style "Proof" of "All I Was". Comes just as a straight in the face of the "Betray Me" sound, rough and scratchy and bursting energy into every bar. A woody and deep arpeggio marks the beginning of "Tore My Heart Out" that evolves in a mid tempo mellow, dark and articulated riffs, heavy like a hammer on an anvil. The only glimmer of light I offer the interlude and solo that pierce the soundscape with a blade of light. The tones are still a bit 'gloomy but the acceleration with "Catching Fire" is remarkable and raw, a bit' to "Metalingus" just to be clear, with no holds barred; a blast of color and radiance the door "Never Wrong", other ballatona by choral tones that restores the balance a little bit, allowing you to pull a little 'breath. Thinks "the Storm Rising" to restart the whole band at breakneck speed and with an irreverent song as always characterized by repetitive rhythmic verses and never articulated, and always perfectly joined to the general groove. icing on the cake is "Unable to See" other ballad "soul caress" that brings the luster strong vocal qualities of Mark, referring to the sound memory in a "What's This Life For" by Creed.

The band has found its definitive structure for some time and the results are more tangible and concrete. Everything is also born from the use of electronics to a minimum and by "real" authoritative sound, without a substantial editing during mixing. If you say that 3 is the perfect number is appropriate to recognize that with Mark & ​​Co. it is reality. An album that will leave its mark.