The Perfect Track Listing?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

The Perfect Track Listing?

Post by Take The Sun »

This is an idea I've had the past few days. Really since the single "Dust" was released.

At that point, I noticed a few people say that they preferred it at the listening party where Dust was the final track between the 2 albums. That was interesting to me, how much the track listing changed from the listening party for the 2nd album.

Also, when My Last Mistake was released earlier tonight, I saw Andy92 point out that it was a better opener than Radical Change. While RC was a good opener, I thought there was a better one for Cauterize. The title track. That point was also proven by how great a live opener it was. Not only that, but think about it... start with Cauterize and end with Dust.

I'll give the 2 albums a full listen through with their official track listing, but I may be making a separate playlist with the following listing:

CAUTERIZE:
Cauterize
Radical Change
Flying Monkeys
Arm Yourself
Dark Trip
Fall Again
Another Heart
Sympathy
Tie The Noose
Providence

DUST: (the listening party listing)
My Last Mistake (this is such a perfect opener for Dust just based on the intro and the tone it sets)
Betray Me
Tore My Heart Out
Catching Fire
Once Dead
Never Wrong
The Cage
Unable To See
Rising Storm
Dust

Based on what we've heard so far, what (if anything) would you switch about the track listings?
Last edited by Take The Sun on Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Re: The Perfect Track Listing?

Post by AllC392Was »

Will wait on doing Dust but for Cauterize

1. Radical Change - - kick ass opener
2. Tie The Noose - - Keeping it going but showing more of T's vocals
3. Another Heart - - Get the first single out of the ay
4. Dark Trip - - Slow it Down
5. Sympathy - - Pick it up...
6. Arm Yourself - - Metal
7. Cauterize - - More metal
8. Fall Again - - Just there
9. Flying Monkeys - - A list type of song near the back
10 - - Perfect way to end an album

Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

Re: The Perfect Track Listing?

Post by Take The Sun »

Cool feedback man. Cauterize was tough to re-do for me because I've gotten used to it the way it is. But I love the title track as the opener.

Radical Change was a great opener, I only wish it had a buildup, like Leave It Alone did, but then again, neither does Cauterize haha. I love that you put Tie The Noose towards the beginning. Almost did on mine too, but I know people love the 1-2 punch of Radical Change and then Flying Monkeys.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background