How far can Tremonti take it?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

How far can Tremonti take it?

Post by AllC392Was »

Was thinking about this a few days back and thought I'd bring it up here for discussion! From the first AIW tour to now Tremonti has gained some notoriety with more of a metal feel slapped on with melody. Now with the 3rd album coming out soon, what can we expect moving forward with the band and what do you think they need to do to elevate themselves into a "headline theater" type of band?

They have supported with Seether, Black Stone Cherry, and Trivium, ect. (yes..co headlining but I considered it more of a support). So they have done plenty of that along with just them headlining.

Here are my thoughts on what I think they should do.

X Factor - Bring back Wolfie. I consider him the X factor in the success of this band. I think Tanner is a better fit but.. to have a Van Halen on the band with his bass skills and vocals bring attraction and curiosity to see the name. I don't care that he's not active on stage. I see his dad's skill and its essential. People love talent.

Top 5 hit - Alter Bridge sets the bar with the 5-7 minute songs and the creativity that they come up with but they also have the hits. Isolation, Open Your Eyes, Addicted to Pain, Rise Today.

You Waste Your Time, Another Heart, and Dust are all solid, kick ass songs but none of which have brought Tremonti into the spotlight (Dust could happen). Not to say it hasn't helped Tremonti but not in the way AB's hits have. Not sure if this will ever happen but I think a top 5 hit could really do well for them.. Hell maybe 2 top 5 hits :)

Overseas - They fucking love anything Mark Tremonti there. And fret12 knows it. Like what AB did, stay in Europe and build it there and hopefully it pushes to the states. For God's sake AB can sell out Wembley but is supporting Disturbed and BB here.

Popularity - Find a way to get Mark Tremonti (not the band) on the mainstream. MT is one of the best guitarists in the world and can sing! How do people not know about him??!? Tremonti who?? Guy from Creed? I think he's an overall amazing guy who loves music and his fans. Not sure what he could do but stay away from TMZ lol I think if he was a judge on tv or something that would work. Idk I just think he'd get more of a following if he was a known name.

A couple of thoughts. Keep it up Tremonti and Fret12. Kick ass job so far.

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: How far can Tremonti take it?

Post by nagpo »

Stick tremonti on one of those talent shows on tv as a mentor or judge or something.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Bring back Wolfie? He never left, Tanner only does live shows unless I missed something.
nagpo wrote:Stick tremonti on one of those talent shows on tv as a mentor or judge or something.
Plz no. I'd hate to see Mark up there with clowns like those other judges. I don't really think he'd have time for it anyway.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Fish Tacos wrote:Bring back Wolfie? He never left, Tanner only does live shows unless I missed something.
nagpo wrote:Stick tremonti on one of those talent shows on tv as a mentor or judge or something.
Plz no. I'd hate to see Mark up there with clowns like those other judges. I don't really think he'd have time for it anyway.
Not hating on the kid but where has he been? Haven't seen him promote or retweet or anything about Dust. I know he was working on his solo thing a while back but he can't take a month or 2 off and help build Tremonti? Like I said I don't know him but from a fan's point of view it doesn't seem like he gives 2 squirts a piss about it. I'm sure he does but I'm skeptical lol

About the judge thing I think he'd be perfect. He'd be the voice of reason. The good moral guy. Put him with Jericho and C Taylor and he'd become the next president lol

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I mean, Wolfie's worth like $10M, so I kinda view him as just having a good time doing what he loves, helping out people he enjoys being with and contributing creatively while being less invested in the performance (not quality) of the outcome. It may be Marks side project, but with Van Halen, considering he's not writing lyrics or lead guitar bits for the band Tremonti, it's considerably more of a side project for Wolfie.

Just my take, though.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Fish Tacos wrote:I mean, Wolfie's worth like $10M, so I kinda view him as just having a good time doing what he loves, helping out people he enjoys being with and contributing creatively while being less invested in the performance (not quality) of the outcome. It may be Marks side project, but with Van Halen, considering he's not writing lyrics or lead guitar bits for the band Tremonti, it's considerably more of a side project for Wolfie.

Just my take, though.
Good point! Didn't think of it like that on his part.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So we're all taking this talent show comment seriously?

Tremonti is a side project and I don't except it to grow that much anymore. Best case scenario for the band would be if AB broke up and Tremonti would be Mark's main focus, but I don't see that happening.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

hahah...no talent show type shit. that's for people who don't have anything already. Mark does.

although i must admit, i always wondered what the judges would say about Myles back before he got in a band with Slash and was still relatively unknown. i wondered if they'd like him and how far he'd have gone. would've been fun to watch just for that. like a prank on the show.
Photobucket cash grab.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I think all of his bands are side projects now lol Even back in 09 with Creed.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They are, but AB still has the priority. At least with Tremonti.

I wish I could say the same with Myles and Slash.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Timotheus wrote:So we're all taking this talent show comment seriously?
Lol why not? Name a better way to get your name out there than being on a 5mil+ viewership tv program.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I really thought that was a joke on your side :D sorry bout that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Its hypothetical but it would help. Anything tv mainstream would.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

nagpo wrote:
Lol why not? Name a better way to get your name out there than being on a 5mil+ viewership tv program.

Dude, this guy sold 30 milion records back in the day and now you want him to be a part of a talent show? What the actual fuck dude.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Tremonti is a side project and I don't except it to grow that much anymore. Best case scenario for the band would be if AB broke up and Tremonti would be Mark's main focus, but I don't see that happening.

I don't think so... When we are in Tremonti time we push as hard as we can.. it isn't a side project anymore. We are building the band the way you should build a band in 2016. AB are from another time when radio hits could be afforded by labels but these days a top 5 hit costs $100,000. So we are smart about ( or so I think) we play 500 / 900 seaters with Tremonti in the states and 1,500 to 2,000 seaters overseas. The band started in 500 seaters worldwide so we have already seen fast growth there - AS ALWAYS with Tremonti the states are harder to win over. We like direct support slots in the states - play big rooms, ok money ( not great ), and build new fans.

If you don't have huge budgets you have to win the folks one fan at a time.

Tim

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Dolo wrote:
nagpo wrote:

Dude, this guy sold 30 milion records back in the day and now you want him to be a part of a talent show? What the actual fuck dude.
I would love to see Mark butcher Watch Over You on X-Factor. :shifty

Speaking of talent shows. Maybe getting into the jury of some show would be a possibility?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo wrote:
nagpo wrote:

I think "back in the day" is the key word here. None of his records has broke a million since ODR. You could use the same argument towards steven tyler on american idol. He's sold more than mark but wasn't above it.

Anyways I wouldn't personally like to see him on those shows myself. But looking at it objectionally, it would get his name out there.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

TTournier wrote:

I don't think so... When we are in Tremonti time we push as hard as we can.. it isn't a side project anymore. We are building the band the way you should build a band in 2016. AB are from another time when radio hits could be afforded by labels but these days a top 5 hit costs $100,000. So we are smart about ( or so I think) we play 500 / 900 seaters with Tremonti in the states and 1,500 to 2,000 seaters overseas. The band started in 500 seaters worldwide so we have already seen fast growth there - AS ALWAYS with Tremonti the states are harder to win over. We like direct support slots in the states - play big rooms, ok money ( not great ), and build new fans.

If you don't have huge budgets you have to win the folks one fan at a time.

Tim
Well, of course I wish him all the success in the world, but when you can't tour an album in the US because your frontman is off with another band, I would say you are in a side project.

Like everybody else here I hope to see the fan base grow, but I think Slash and Tremonti are holding Alter Bridge back, and Alter Bridge is holding the other two back.

Tim
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The band needs to find its own identity.
Right now, they're just sounding like Alter Bridge with metal riffs. They're OK, but they don't stand out and people always prefer the original.
Tremonti needs to radically differentiate its sound from AB's. Change the song structures, change the production.

Start with the music and the sound first, and then you can start talking about marketing strategies all you want.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

chtimixeur wrote:The band needs to find its own identity.
Right now, they're just sounding like Alter Bridge with metal riffs. They're OK, but they don't stand out and people always prefer the original.
Tremonti needs to radically differentiate its sound from AB's. Change the song structures, change the production.

Start with the music and the sound first, and then you can start talking about marketing strategies all you want.
I disagree somewhat. I don't think AB and tremonti sound alike at all. Tremonti is heavier and faster - even simpler at times. But often times a band is helped defined by its producer. Maybe Mark has grown too safe with Elvis.