Cauterize - Best Buy

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Shaw
Brand New Start

Cauterize - Best Buy

Post by Shaw »

Got in from work and my copy was in the mail. :yes Bad thing is, it's missing the live bonus tracks, dammit. :facepalm Guess I'll have to make a stop by Best Buy on the way home tomorrow. Oh, by the way, this album kicks ass. :headbang

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Re: Cauterize - Best Buy

Post by Fish Tacos »

I'll be picking up my copies tomorrow, will let you know if they have the bonus tracks in store.

Shaw
Brand New Start

Post by Shaw »

Thanks. They better or I'm going to be pissed.

BastiMix
Loyal Follower

Post by BastiMix »

In the Army of 12 FB group, Tim Tournier said that about 300 units of the album were not correctly labled. Send him a PM or write Fret12 an email and everything will be taken care of!
Please give them a like :)

Shaw
Brand New Start

Post by Shaw »

Thanks. I'm going to see if I can exchange it at Best Buy first. If not, I'll get in touch with him.

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

Best Buy can no longer reship as the bonus version is now unavailable online.

prowler5150
Brand New Start

Post by prowler5150 »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, I bought mine in person. It is what it is.
Have you checked to see if the tracks are actually on the disc? Mine has those stickers, but only 10 tracks.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh dang, give me like 50 min. while I go and listen to this album in its entirety and I'll get back to you.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

just got my best buy copy.. has the 4 bonus tracks on it

Shaw
Brand New Start

Post by Shaw »

We're the tracks listed on the back?

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Shaw wrote:We're the tracks listed on the back?
Only on the sticker of the wrapping.... not on the actual CD soft case. But when I put the CD in my car I checked and all 4 were there.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, these songs are there. They actually included the part where Mark and Erock went "Next song."

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Got my copy at BestBuy and no typos or missing bonus tracks, although the live song quality is lacking. Volume dropped tremendously on the CD compared to tracks 1-10

Too bad the live version of All I Was is only on the FYE copy, if there's one live track I'd want it'd be that one. Such a good track

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

^I saw someone else say that on Facebook too. Making me reconsider getting the Best Buy Version or not.

Seeker_1306
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Seeker_1306 »

Has anyone seen the album in Wal-Mart yet? My nearest Best Buy is almost 2 hours away and I won't be near one until Thursday. I was trying to hold off until then but the wait is killing me. Walmart.com doesn't even have a picture of the album cover so I'd say only big city Wal-Marts are probably the only ones getting it.

facelessman07
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by facelessman07 »

Seeker_1306 wrote:^I saw someone else say that on Facebook too. Making me reconsider getting the Best Buy Version or not.
I mean, it's all a matter of your preference. I have yet to upload the CD to my iTunes so I'm not sure about the file specifics, but I was kinda disappointed seeing as how good Tremonti is live and this does him no justice.

Fret12 really needs to think about recording live tracks and putting them for sale online, Chili Peppers style

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

facelessman07 wrote:Got my copy at BestBuy and no typos or missing bonus tracks, although the live song quality is lacking. Volume dropped tremendously on the CD compared to tracks 1-10
Came to say exactly this. Was blasting the shit out of the album on the highway and when it went to track 11, I was shocked the volume went down to like a quarter of what I had it at. On full blast, it's still not that loud, not sure why they would want to put these versions on the album in lieu of just putting the regular tracks on. IMHO it's doing a disservice and new fans will say "meh" about songs they might otherwise love.

Shaw
Brand New Start

Post by Shaw »

It took me raising hell, but I was able to swap it out. The associate at customer service desk flat out told me it was against federal regulations for them to issue a refund or offer an exchange because it was opened unless it was defective. I told her it was defective because it didn't have all of the tracks on it. She asked if it played and I told her "Yes, but it's missing 4 tracks." Her reply, "Well there's nothing I can do about it." :facepalm

I told her I was done talking to her and to get the manager. He came over and said since it was opened he cannot offer a refund. I said "I don't want a refund. I want to exchange it."

His reply, "Oh, that's no problem". :facepalm

Luckily the replacement had the 4 tracks on it. :D

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

The lyrics booklet is pretty dope though. I enjoy the top down view of the guy carving the Cauterize sun into the boat. Personally would have preferred either that or just the zoomed in art of the carved sun on one of the earlier pages to be the cover but oh well.