DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by Timotheus »

I think 2016 makes a lot of sense.. Wasn't really expecting them to release something earlier when I first heard about Dust.
Last edited by Timotheus on Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

How does disagreeing with a release date (which is an opinion btw) equate to a sense of entitlement?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't see how this is going to damage the band.. I think releasing the albums really close to eachother would damage the band more so.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

There should be at least a 6 month gap between the two imo. If you're only waiting like 3 months, might as well release everything all at once. This method gets hype going for the summer/fall tours, and Dust will get things going if they do more shows next year.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Well it's good to know what the plans are anyway rather than the more hazy stuff of before. I'm more interested in how they'll price them rather than when the second's released, Mark's said to think of it as a second disc to the album but are they both still going to be full price albums on their own? Either way, releasing 20 songs within a year is fairly awesome.

So if Slash and the Conspirators stick to their previous 2 year cycle, we could get Tremonti 2.5, AB5 and Slash 3 in the same year? :lol Carnage.
For all of the hope that it brings...

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

@JSlade -
I have read your posts for a while now.. Constructive criticism is fine - you are just being negative to be negative and that doesn't help anyone.

Disagree with something if you want to - Dislike something if you want to - that is totally fine but don't call art work that Dan worked hours and hours on "Shit". I personally have worked very hard to bringing the band to this board for direct input from the die hard fans - when you conduct yourself in this manner what do you think that does for the overall vibe?

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Not sure why 2016 seems so surprising, after all if everything is "ready to release now" then why not just release Cauterize tomorrow and Dust in June (or on the same day, why not). With Cauterize releasing in June, I don't think it makes sense to release another album (even a "Part 2" type album) too quickly afterwards, or else it should just be a double album. A gap of about six months seems about right, and even if they aimed for six months exactly then the slightest delay would push it into 2016 (and considering Cauterize drifted from May to June not long after announcement it seems reasonable to expect something to push it back).

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

TTournier wrote:@JSlade -
I have read your posts for a while now.. Constructive criticism is fine - you are just being negative to be negative and that doesn't help anyone.

Disagree with something if you want to - Dislike something if you want to - that is totally fine but don't call art work that Dan worked hours and hours on "Shit". I personally have worked very hard to bringing the band to this board for direct input from the die hard fans - when you conduct yourself in this manner what do you think that does for the overall vibe?

I am not being negative to be negative, I am voicing my opinion on decisions made by you guys.
Also, please show me where I called it shit, I would love to see where I said that.

However, I will refrain from coming to this board and posting from now on because apparently people cannot handle me voicing my thoughts.
Last edited by JSlade on Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

They need to gap this out. I think 2016 is perfect for a pt.2

-Pt1 gets advertised
-Band Tours
-Pt1 comes out
-Have a big tour in support.
* things slowly die down*
BAMMMM TEASER #1 FOR DUST
-and the cycle continues. lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

JSlade wrote:

Please show me where I called it shit. I would love to see where I said that.
UMM speaking from experience.. I would just let it go lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Even if he wanted to, he couldn't, because you edited that post :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Timotheus wrote:Even if he wanted to, he couldn't, because you edited that post :lol
What I said was "I won't lie, that art is ****ing gross." That is my opinion, which I am perfectly entitled to state. If you also look at my edit reason, it says that it's edited to avoid pissing people off, which is exactly what it did. Tim even got what he wanted (which happened before he got upset at me in that post because I edited long before he posted). I won't post criticism anymore to avoid people getting their feelings hurt.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

JSlade wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Even if he wanted to, he couldn't, because you edited that post :lol
What I said was "I won't lie, that art is ****ing gross." That is my opinion, which I am perfectly entitled to state. If you also look at my edit reason, it says that it's edited to avoid pissing people off, which is exactly what it did. Tim even got what he wanted (which happened before he got upset at me in that post because I edited long before he posted). I won't post criticism anymore to avoid people getting their feelings hurt.
You're acting like a baby. Just let it go and move on........ I'm sure there is some reasoning behind the cover art that we will all come to know before or during it's release.... similar to the last album's artwork.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

JSlade wrote:

I am not being negative to be negative, I am voicing my opinion on decisions made by you guys.
Also, please show me where I called it shit, I would love to see where I said that.

However, I will refrain from coming to this board and posting from now on because apparently people cannot handle me voicing my thoughts.
This isn't my board - so far be it from me to tell you to leave...

your comment was on another page...

point being -
I am sure it is easy to sit back and judge what we are doing, thinking you know better - But do you push the doctor out of the way in the delivery room because you have seen an episode or two of ER?

Dude I was also sent 4 different screen grabs of you sharing the single to people before it was out.... so thanks for that as well. You obviously have the groups best interests at heart.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Totally - This.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

JSlade wrote:

No you didn't.. I came to this site 5 mins before i posted - and there it was.

I am not upset, I am not pissy and I am not being mean. Stop lying.

If you love the band and love the music why would you steal from them and rip on them every chance you get?

come on dude - I am not asking for a million dollars, i am just asking for you to be cool.

Is that so hard?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

TTournier wrote:some of these posts..... sense of entitlement much?
I have to agree here. There's a difference between being eager to hear your favorite band's new music, and disparaging the band out of impatience.

It's all in the way you say it. Everyone here is welcome to post their opinions. Just keep in mind that the words you choose make a huge difference in the way your opinions are perceived.

The DIsposable Hero
Bought The CDs

Post by The DIsposable Hero »

My thoughts on this whole back and forth right here, other than Tim straight up owning with his posts (high five to you man, you really deserve your just due), are that if you've got nothing nice to say, at least be polite. Manners matter. To quote Mark Tremonti's own lyrics,"watch your words or your words might drown you."

Regarding the album artwork, I was puzzled at first glance, but I don't think it's bad.

As for the Dust album, I think it's a better plan than releasing the songs on an individual monthly basis, and I think that will open up a lot of other doors for getting the Tremonti brand out there (guys, a tour supporting Dust would be fantastic!).

I obviously care if it would come out all the way in 2016, but it's not that much of a factor. I would just be happy for it to come out so we can all enjoy the songs!

So yeah there's my two cents.

Dakota C. (The Disposable Hero)
Hey there, I'm the guy who started the Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List. Check it out!

Dakota C. (The Disposable Hero)

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

^ High five buddy.

I took a note out of the Stone Sour book - I was working with them when the House of Gold and Bones part 1 and 2 came out - I thought it was a great idea and most importantly the fans got 2 solid years of content via Tours, videos, merch and singles.

We might release Dust as a stand alone record... we might release it so the art all works together (Ie. house of gold and bones).. we might do it one song at a time. time will tell

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

TTournier wrote:^ High five buddy.

I took a note out of the Stone Sour book - I was working with them when the House of Gold and Bones part 1 and 2 came out - I thought it was a great idea and most importantly the fans got 2 solid years of content via Tours, videos, merch and singles.

We might release Dust as a stand alone record... we might release it so the art all works together (Ie. house of gold and bones).. we might do it one song at a time. time will tell
Just as long as we get all 20 songs. :) because I love Tremonti and want all the music I can get! :headbang
Photobucket cash grab.