DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
luke62
White Knuckled

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by luke62 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Starting to think Catching Fire would make some awesome entrance music for MMA or WWE. Thoughts?
I could always see "The Cage" as a theme for their Hell in a Cell event

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I can't really understand how some people rank Full Circle higher than other Creed albums. Stapp's vocals are hit and miss, and the music sounds like a bunch of Alter Bridge b-sides outside a couple standout tracks.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:I can't really understand how some people rank Full Circle higher than other Creed albums. Stapp's vocals are hit and miss, and the music sounds like a bunch of Alter Bridge b-sides outside a couple standout tracks.
For my own personal reasoning behind that choice;

I am not a fan of stapps voice to begin with, so his vocal strength doesnt make a difference to me.

Full Circle is after Mark has had time to develop his guitar skills and be better IMO = better album instrumentally

Alter Bridge B-Sides > most Creed A sides

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

One thing about the cage that bothers me is the bell. UFC being the biggest MMA show, does not use a bell.

Boxing uses a bell a lot, but boxing is in a ring not a cage.

I train mma, it's one of my few hobbies, and probably doesn't matter to most, just irks me a little.

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

I'll always enjoy Full Circle...just some plain fun jams on that album. I don't even care that Stapp sounded like a dying cow in 08/09...a lot of the musical parts on that album are pretty dang cool. 1) the riffs in Fear 2) the groove throughout Full Circle 3) the bridge of Thousand Faces 4) the arpeggiated/fingerpicked chords in Time and Song You Sing
Those are a few examples of stuff I really enjoy on that album. Yes some of it could've easily touched AB camp at some point, but I think overall it ended up sounding totally different. Didn't sound like AB or even Creed (lol) to me...a strange album all around but one that i think still holds a lot of charm for me. Also part of it is my mind associates some great memories with it
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

mockingbird wrote:For me,
1. Fortress
2. Blackbird
3. All I Was
4. AB3
5. Dust
6. Cauterize/One Day Remains
7. Cauterize/One Day Remains

I don't listen to Creed.
I don't listen to much Creed either, so can't put them on my list.

1. Fortress
2. All I Was
3. Blackbird
4. ABIII
5. Dust
6. One Day Remains
7. Cauterize

3-5 are very close.

EDIT: Crazy seeing so much dislike for All I Was! It's awesome! To each their own I guess.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

\m/Tremonster\m/ wrote:Crazy seeing so much dislike for All I Was! It's awesome! To each their own I guess.
:yeahthat I don't know where these people's comments are coming from! :lol :shrug :mtrocks :headbang :rockon

poshisjarker
White Knuckled

Post by poshisjarker »

1a) Fortress
1b) ABIII
2) Blackbird
3a) ODR
3b) Dust
4a) All I Was
4b) Human Clay
4c) Cauterize
5a) My Own Prison
5b) Full Circle
6) Weathered

This is the way I see it. And i do in fact like all of these albums...Weathered just happens to fall behind the rest. I'm not a huge fan of it but I do enjoy most of that album
Abe Lincoln- "Honey, where did you put my shirt?"

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Andy92 wrote:I can't really understand how some people rank Full Circle higher than other Creed albums. Stapp's vocals are hit and miss, and the music sounds like a bunch of Alter Bridge b-sides outside a couple standout tracks.
For my own personal reasoning behind that choice;

I am not a fan of stapps voice to begin with, so his vocal strength doesnt make a difference to me.

Full Circle is after Mark has had time to develop his guitar skills and be better IMO = better album instrumentally

Alter Bridge B-Sides > most Creed A sides
Mark his developed over the years for sure as a musician, but his songwriting skills have always been top notch. I loved his guitar tone in the late 90s when he was using the Twin for cleans. I totally get when people rank all of the AB albums over all of the Creed ones because they like AB more. I'm just surprised to see albums like Human Clay and My Own Prison at the bottom of a few lists. Full Circle is way too inconsistent to be placed above those records. I never skip a track when I listen to Human Clay...can't say that for Full Circle.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Them Bones wrote: I don't think this is the stuff Tremonti shines on.
What would you prefer?

------All I Was was alright. The singing got better in later albums but honestly what matters to me is how the songs sound and feel. Also, the tone of the album was nice.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Honestly, it's the only creed album I like all the way through. Never Been a Scott Stapp fan, but the instrumentation makes him tolerable in that album. Older creed was just too basic for my taste (though there are songs I enjoy). On another note, the Alter Bridge influence is part of the reason I enjoy it so much.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

It's not all about Stapp..

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

1. Blackbird
2. Fortress
3. AB III
4. ODR
5. Weathered
6. All I Was
7. Cauterize
8. Dust
9. Human Clay
10. My Own Prison
11. Full Circle

Something like that, all the Tremonti albums are pretty close to be honest, and I find it hard to compare them with Creed.

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

To me All I Was is Tremonti's best record, I mean, it has Brains, All I Was (which to me is one of the most original sounding songs ever, I've never heard something like the main riff), The Things I've seen and Leave It Alone. This whole album is so memorable and original, apart from that it's the most powerful. To me it seems this is what Mark always wanted. Dusterize was more of a group effort it seems and they kind of seem like rip offs of each other rather than being two albums. I mean, Gn'R Illusions are totally different. I don't dislike Dustrize by any means, hell, to me Dust is the best thing that has come out since Fortress. So myself, I don't really get the AIW hate as well, but that's just my opinion. Looking forward to Tremoonti IV!!!

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

If Cauterize and Dust had been one album (with say 12-13 of the best songs from each album and a couple of bonus tracks) then it may be better than All I Was. But as it is, it's hard to justify putting either one of them individually above it.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

austin. wrote:One thing about the cage that bothers me is the bell. UFC being the biggest MMA show, does not use a bell.

Boxing uses a bell a lot, but boxing is in a ring not a cage.

I train mma, it's one of my few hobbies, and probably doesn't matter to most, just irks me a little.
Why do people think it's a bell? It's clearly not. It's a just a hit of the ride cymbal before the chorus. I really don't think it's meant to be a bell at all. People just think it's a bell because they may not know the particular cymbals on a drum kit...?

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

I think they're talking about the church bell in the background of the outro

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

mockingbird wrote:I think they're talking about the church bell in the background of the outro
I guess I don't hear it... what time stamp does it hit?

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

Around 03:28

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

mockingbird wrote:Around 03:28
I heard it.. yeah I think that's just a "filler" sound... nothing to see here.