DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
TomK
Bought The CDs

DUST - The Second Part

Post by TomK »

Some of you may already know, but I only just found out that they are going to put out the remaining 10 songs of the 20 recorded onto another disc as a second part to Cauterize, called 'Dust'. Great news! Check out more details here:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/new-tr ... -recorded/

:mtrocks :rockon

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by austinjhnsn »

:D That makes things a whole lot more interesting! I like this better than releasing the songs individually. Plus now Tremonti is gonna be "relevant" for a bit longer with new material coming out within a year of this one.

Basically like what SOAD did with Mezmerize/Hypnotize.. But Cauterize/Dust, I guess? Any ways, Im pretty excited. I feel like Dust is gonna be the better of the two from the reviews i've read here.
Thanks Timo!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Well now....cat's out of the bag. I guess we can finally talk about it :lol
Photobucket cash grab.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ryan wrote:Well now....cat's out of the bag. I guess we can finally talk about it :lol
:yes

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Interesting.. Do we know when Dust is going to be released?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

TomK
Bought The CDs

Post by TomK »

Timotheus wrote:Interesting.. Do we know when Dust is going to be released?
He was a bit vague with that one, but apparently it's "coming out who knows when, probably within a year".

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

June/October would be nice.... Or just release them both the same damn day. Whatever

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Uhhh 2 albums at once. so #sellout

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Excellent news. The 10 song album with 10 other songs recorded and apparently in decent enough shape to play at the listening party was the most disappointing thing about Tremonti II for me. The idea of "realease a song or two at a time over the course of a few months" is all right, not the preferred way I would like to get them though, but if left to guys who are a bit notorious for delaying or not realeasing "bonus" material it didn't exactly inspire me with hope :lol

I'll be excited to get this other album no matter what, but if they are doing it this way then I hope the songs on Cauterize were chosen by design with this in mind (the members here with apparent inside information can presumably tell us more), and this album isn't the secondary material that they decided to release as an album just because there were too many songs to release as bonus tracks.

The release of Stone Sour's House Of Gold and Bones Part 1 and 2 would be a good model to what I hope for here (without the concept album part). I don't think in that case they quite managed their "within 6 months" claim, but they were pretty close. "Within a year" might not turn out to be entirely true, but I certainly think 2015 Cauterize and 2016 Dust (or maybe end of 2015, but I'd be surprised if it was earlier than that) should be likely.

Great to hear this is in the works anyway, makes me feel a lot better about this only being a 10 song album despite all those recorded songs :lol
Last edited by RuRo on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

It seems like some people thought Dust had better songs than Cauterize, from the listening party reviews. But I think it's been like this for a while, just they haven't said anything for promotional reasons or whatever the reason might be, but it's a great idea.
Thanks Timo!

drod1985
Brand New Start

Post by drod1985 »

Maybe they'll release Dust in October, right after the VH tour ends. This way Wolfgang can tour and help promote the next release.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I see Dust coming out a couple of months before ABV

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Ryan wrote:Well now....cat's out of the bag. I guess we can finally talk about it :lol
You're telling me you knew this whole time?!?Image

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

I'm cool with June/October release. I think it would be really dumb to wait until 2016 or "a few months before AB-V" Everyone knows the CD's are all ready to be released. So put out the first in June.. let it play for a few months, let Wolf do his tour, then pop out Dust in October for a winter run. Just in time to get in the studio next year to put down AB-V for a late 2016 release.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Not sure how accurate the release date is, but if so, it kind of blows.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

2016? Aw :(

They will probably want to tour to promote it too, not sure if that gives us any insight into what part of the year that might be. If AB V is worked on at the end of 2015, would AB tour it right away or would there be 6 months between when they're done recording and the album drops (ala Cauterize)? If so it might be early 2016. If AB tours right away it might be more like mid 2016.

I want the band to do whatever is best for the band. I just hope there is some market research supporting whatever decision they make versus somebody with the decision making capability just saying "I think we should do this".
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

2016? That is the dumbest thing I have read all day.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

2016 is fairly understandable, I would say. Since Slash and Myles are going to work on new music in the latter half of 2015, they would probably like to release it sometime in early 2016. That leaves a slot for Mark and then ABV can be written in mid-2016 and released in late 2016. Sounds shit, but it is fairly possible.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

some of these posts..... sense of entitlement much?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sometimes the eagerness to hear all 20 songs can cloud the mind. :D
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.