DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
austin.
On The Rail

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by austin. »

Tremonti gonna tour the states before the year is up? Funny. I was just at a restaurant having sushi with my fiancé the other day beside Capones, was cool to see the gig site and area again and reminisce. Was a lot of fun. Tremonti kicks ass!

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

AHart96 wrote:Holy shit I must've missed a lot these past few days.....hi everyone :wave Good to see ya Tim. Does someone have the popcorn?
Hi! Just me, kicking up shit as always.

Hope you are well! :)

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

austin. wrote:Tremonti gonna tour the states before the year is up? Funny. I was just at a restaurant having sushi with my fiancé the other day beside Capones, was cool to see the gig site and area again and reminisce. Was a lot of fun. Tremonti kicks ass!
We are looking at it - have to find a whole in AB touring. the next two years is going to be solid AB.

Very long tours coming up

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

TTournier wrote:
Ryan wrote:At any rate...Tim is here. What are the odds of my preorder package arriving on release date? Last time with Cauterize I think I finally got it a week later. Which sucked :lol

Yours shipped today babe, you should be golden.
Sweet!!
Photobucket cash grab.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Ryan wrote:
TTournier wrote:
Ryan wrote:At any rate...Tim is here. What are the odds of my preorder package arriving on release date? Last time with Cauterize I think I finally got it a week later. Which sucked :lol

Sweet!!
Yes sir! I hope you dig it - give it a few spins but they way to do it is to make a playlist of all 20 songs.

its a killer record.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

TTournier wrote:
Ryan wrote:
TTournier wrote:

Sweet!!
Yes sir! I hope you dig it - give it a few spins but they way to do it is to make a playlist of all 20 songs.

its a killer record.
Do you have a specific order you like the 20 songs to be in or do you listen to them in the album order just both together? And how do you know if your CD shipped? You get an email notification right? I hope mine arrives on time!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

TTournier wrote:
Ryan wrote:
TTournier wrote:

Sweet!!

its a killer record.
I have a plan to play Dust in the original order from the listening party, then play Cauterize/Dust back to back in the order from the listening party. Then, I'll make my own playlist of favorites from both albums. :headbang
Photobucket cash grab.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TTournier wrote:
AHart96 wrote:Holy shit I must've missed a lot these past few days.....hi everyone :wave Good to see ya Tim. Does someone have the popcorn?

Doing great man, in the middle of finals week but I have my Dust/T-shirt bundle waiting for me on the other side, really looking forward to it :peace Also found out I'll be traveling overseas for the first time through my college's music program (completely free to me) in 3 weeks. Going to be in Germany and France, just missed the Tremonti tour by a few days :pout

Hope you're doing good as well
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

AHart96 wrote:
TTournier wrote:

Doing great man, in the middle of finals week but I have my Dust/T-shirt bundle waiting for me on the other side, really looking forward to it :peace Also found out I'll be traveling overseas for the first time through my college's music program (completely free to me) in 3 weeks. Going to be in Germany and France, just missed the Tremonti tour by a few days :pout

thanks awesome - where about in Germany / France?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You can blame us for feeling entitled all you want, but it's simply not in the rules of this site. For years we've been allowed to talk about leaks. I've seen mods talk about leaks in the past. Back when Fortress was released all the mods and some regular members had heard the record before the rest of us, and were posting all kinds of teases all around the board. I know that's not the same thing (though you can argue about that), but just to show what we're used to and why we're surprised.

I'l also calling bluff on these PM's. Not that I'm worried, because I haven't shared this leak, but they're personal messages. As far as I'm aware the mods can't see those, and if they do I'd like to know, because I've shared some personal information about my life with people that way. Not that I don't trust the mods, but I could've easily taken those posts elsewhere (not to mention the fact that ABW could've totally cheated during the mafia games :D ). I also have no idea why the mods would share those messages with you. Asking us to not talk about it is one thing, but going through personal messages and screwing over the die hard fans (the ones have bought ALL your music over the years and spend hours talking about it on a message board) is pretty lame in my opinion.

If you don't want people to use this site to talk about leaks, make it clear in the rules. If the mods can see our PM's, make that clear as well and it won't happen again.
Last edited by Timotheus on Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Timotheus wrote:You can blame us for feeling entitled all you want, but it's simply not in the rules of this site. For years we've been allowed to talk about leaks. I've seen mods talk about leaks in the past. Back when Fortress was released all the mods and some regular members had heard the record before the rest of us, and were posting all kinds of teases all around the board. I know that's not the same thing (though you can argue about that), but just to show what we're used to and why we're surprised.

I'l also calling bluff on these PM's. Not that I'm worried, because I haven't shared this leak, but they're personal messages. As far as I'm aware the mods can't see those, and if they do I'd like to know, because I've shared some personal information about my life with people that way. Not that I don't trust the mods, but I could've easily taken those posts elsewhere (not to mention the fact that ABW could've totally cheated during the mafia games :D ). I also have no idea why the mods would share those messages with you. Asking us to not talk about it is one thing, but going through personal messages and screwing over the die hard fans (the ones have bought ALL your music over the years and spend hours talking about it on a message board) over is pretty lame in my opinion.

If you don't want people to use this site to talk about leaks, make it clear in the rules. If the mods can see our PM's, make that clear as well and it won't happen again.

:yeahthat

Good to know that private messages aren't private afterall...

Regarding the leak-rant: what is the difference between someone who listens to the leak before the record is out and a person who rips the album in a good quality from a torrent site after the music is released? i can't see any. Honestly, you can't check through the board if someone has actually bought the legal copy or is sharing their opinions based on a ripped torrent. As someone put it nicely before: we are a die-hard group of fans who buy the album anyway, so I don't get why somebody would punish them and note down their names for future use for listening to the leak and revealing a couple of details here and there.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

TTournier wrote:some shit head kid in Canada stole a cd from a record stores back room and uploaded it to a torrent.
:lol Fucking Shea.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TTournier wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
TTournier wrote:

thanks awesome - where about in Germany / France?
I'll be flying in to Frankfurt and commuting by train to a few other smaller cities before ending up in Paris the last few days
Rock Never Dies

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

This is why fan sites should never get too close to the bands.
Every single time, the bands or their manager tries to take control. Sometimes, they even ask for the admin passwords, and make the fan site their own ! This way, they can police everything and delete all messages that are not 100% positive about the band (once again, they usually talk about so-called "respect" to justify their actions).

TTournier acts as if we're on the official Tremonti forum. Dude, we're not. I'm glad you're sharing some insights, but we owe you nothing here. You're just another member here. You're no authority figure on this board, try to remember that for once.
You went too far, and I'm really sad to see that the admins gave in and deleted some posts that didn't break any rules in the first place, just to show how "loyal" they were to the band. As long as links are not shared, nothing should be deleted, period.

TTournier can moderate the Facebook and Twitter Tremonti sites all he wants. But he shouldn't be allowed to control the AB Nation in any sort of way. That is just wrong and can't be justified whatsoever.
This is a sad day for this forum.

PS : about leaks, you have to understand that if someone doesn't want to buy the record, he won't. Hiding the fact that the album has leaked doesn't change a thing, and he's going to "steal" it the day it's officially released.
We, on this forum, are die-hards. We're not casual Twitter/Facebook fans. We talk about Creed/AB/Tremonti all year long, because we're passionate about those guys' music. That's why this policing is particularly pointless.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

The "important members of the board" comment made me laugh. We're all equals here, except for Greg :lol Greg is king
Rock Never Dies

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Timotheus wrote:You can blame us for feeling entitled all you want, but it's simply not in the rules of this site. For years we've been allowed to talk about leaks. I've seen mods talk about leaks in the past. Back when Fortress was released all the mods and some regular members had heard the record before the rest of us, and were posting all kinds of teases all around the board. I know that's not the same thing (though you can argue about that), but just to show what we're used to and why we're surprised.

I'l also calling bluff on these PM's. Not that I'm worried, because I haven't shared this leak, but they're personal messages. As far as I'm aware the mods can't see those, and if they do I'd like to know, because I've shared some personal information about my life with people that way. Not that I don't trust the mods, but I could've easily taken those posts elsewhere (not to mention the fact that ABW could've totally cheated during the mafia games :D ). I also have no idea why the mods would share those messages with you. Asking us to not talk about it is one thing, but going through personal messages and screwing over the die hard fans (the ones have bought ALL your music over the years and spend hours talking about it on a message board) is pretty lame in my opinion.

To be perfectly clear - the mods didn't send me any screen grabs, they never have and I never said they did. What happened is what happened last year when Garrett posted another heart a day early... People rip it and share it. People who got link (full disclosure I have six screen grabs 2 are from here and 4 are from FB but the people from FB - I know 2 of them from this site).

Really think about what your saying here, why would I just come here and kick up a mess if I didn't have that? Honestly...

I have been fair in saying it is pretty disappointing to see some of the people who have come to me hat in hand in the past are the same folks that are / sharing the music.

Now what I would have done if I was you and what some other folks here have done is to bow out and say nothing OR pm saying "sorry man, my curiosity got the best of me. I won't talk about it until Friday". That's kinda the right thing to do and regard less of the forum rules ( which Ryan spelled out yesterday stating this kinda thing is against them) it's what the band wanted... So are you going to throw a fit.. Come on stand it like a man for crying out loud..
I read most of your posts, I know how sarcastic you are but understand someone is asking for help ( the band and myself ) - why be a dick about it and now call me a lier? That's not nice - that's not friendly. Instead your rebuttal has been "it's been cool before".. well it's not cool now

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Dude fucking hell, stop dragging this out further. It's a PR nightmare.

Marshall
White Knuckled

Post by Marshall »

Can you please all calm down?

The impatient dudes who've heard a leak = enjoy but KEEP IT FOR YOU!
You don't have to feel superior to someone else here.

For all the others: Just 2 more days! :rockon
Last edited by Marshall on Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

That reminds me of Scott Ian from Anthrax who's always complaining about leaks and wishes the Internet didn't exist.
Just accept the fact albums leak. It happens to every single band out there, and it's no big deal.

Anthrax is a nice example by the way. They record label (!) leaked their latest album TWO months in advance. Fans talked about it, they loved it, and guess what, they showed up the day it was released !!! In the end, the band sold even more copies than for their previous album, and they had they highest Billboard charting position ever.
See, leaks don't matter that much is the music is good and the band has a good fanbase.

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

AHart96 wrote:The "important members of the board" comment made me laugh. We're all equals here, except for Greg :lol Greg is king
You have to admit that some post counts are more impressive than others :)