DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by Ryan »

antiwal wrote:Where does one put one's ears to hear this here be tune? In other words, where is Betray Me? Is it another iTunes release?
Yes it is. :)
Photobucket cash grab.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I wont bother making an itunes account for that. i can wait until the release of the album. Its even better that way imo.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

Another one not on google play. Ah well, only 3 weeks now. Waiting patiently by listening to lots of AB and All I was/Cauterize!

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

I enjoyed it. Bad ass song.

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

It met my expectations. Which were quite low. It's an intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge solo chorus outro song, it didn't have anything special to bring, except for the outro. It's a good song, but it's far from anything special. Can't top My last mistake though. The guitar work is outstanding though! :mtrocks

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Mr. Slash wrote:I wont bother making an itunes account for that. i can wait until the release of the album. Its even better that way imo.
Its on amazon

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

chtimixeur wrote:It's a good song on its own, but it resembles the other Tremonti songs a bit too much.
That's my main issue with that band : everything is a bit samey, and after a while, it's hard to remember particular songs.
I really like the backup vocals. They add a nice layer to the music.
Other than that, the production is still very muddy, and the lyrics sound like yet another jab at Stapp.
Absolutely love the song. Agree in the muddy sound though, at least in the chorus. It's hard to hear one of the guitar parts (which is weird because I would assume that to be the main strumming part). I disagree on the lyrics though. I think you're hearing what you want to hear. I find most Tremonti lyrics to be open for interpretation, instead of about a specific person or situation. There is nothing Stapp specific about this song at all.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I've seen some people have been referring to the double-album as Dusterize for a while now. Could one of the photo-editing savy people make a pic using both Cauterize and Dusts album art to create an album art for Dusterize? Maybe just split them half and half diagonally from bottom left corner to top right corner so that it says Dusterize under Tremonti? (Dust on the left/Cauterize on the right but without the Caut part) Once Dust (album) is released I might plan on using that as the album art work :P

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i messed up on the edge...lol it's tough to do the fine stuff without a mouse, using a stupid trackpad.
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I'm not sure if this has been done before, but I've seen some people have been referring to the double-album as Dusterize for a while now. Could one of the photo-editing savy people make a pic using both Cauterize and Dusts album art to create an album art for Dusterize? Maybe just split them half and half diagonally from bottom left corner to top right corner so that it says Dusterize under Tremonti? (Dust on the left/Cauterize on the right but without the Caut part) Once Dust (album) is released I might plan on using that as the album art work :P
Looks great! Although for some reason I didnt think the transition would be so clear cut. But you can really notice it when the boat just gets cut off and the fetters do too. The more blended the two sides would be the more it'd look like it's merged rather than stuck side by side, But again I think it looks good. Better than what I managed :lol Thanks Ryan!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i thought the same thing and just don't really have the patience right now to do it right and make it more blended...lol. i had the idea to keep the boat on the left and the fetters on the right, but said fuck it. maybe do the transition from top to bottom and either choose the boat or the fetters...

when you layer them on top of each other and change the opacity of the top image, they really are perfectly lined up with the face, text at the top, and horizon line.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

here, this is better:
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

or this:
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ryan wrote:or this:
THOSE LOOK GREAT! Going to be hard to choose one! Thanks again Ryan! Hopefully I'm not the only one who uses them! :)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

i probably will :lol you're right though. it's gonna be hard to pick one. i like both.
Photobucket cash grab.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Great job !

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Shit they're awesome! Think I might go red atop blue, looks more like faraway destruction coming into the foreground, particularly with the skewiff reflection. Nicely done Ryan.

I think everything I've heard from Dust is going on Dusterize so far, so I've got at least 9 tracks. Gonna be a great album.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote:Shit they're awesome! Think I might go red atop blue, looks more like faraway destruction coming into the foreground, particularly with the skewiff reflection. Nicely done Ryan.

I think everything I've heard from Dust is going on Dusterize so far, so I've got at least 9 tracks. Gonna be a great album.
Which 9 tracks, Ubik? Couldn't you just turn all 20 songs into Dusterize with one of those album covers?

Take The Sun
Bought The CDs

Post by Take The Sun »

Ryan, both of these are amazing man! Great work!

And my solution is simple... I've made a playlist on my phone for Dusterize. The Cauterize tracks will use your image with the boat bottom half. The Dust tracks will use the one with the fetters on the bottom half. It'll be perfect.
Credit to greenhammock on deviantart for the awesome background

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Take The Sun wrote:
Ryan, both of these are amazing man! Great work!

And my solution is simple... I've made a playlist on my phone for Dusterize. The Cauterize tracks will use your image with the boat bottom half. The Dust tracks will use the one with the fetters on the bottom half. It'll be perfect.
GET OUT! That's exactly what I was planning on doing! Great minds think alike! :)