DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 645
Joined: Fri May 09, 2014 1:36 am

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby cheesedip1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:20 pm

I agree that it would be nice if Tremonti would make a full blown, all-out metal song. It would be a nice change of pace.

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Fish Tacos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:41 pm

I think it's interesting that the riff we heard from the click track (the part where we see Mark playing, not where Garrett flips out) is actually the outro and not the main riff like I had assumed. Also, as much as I love Dust as a single, the solo is enjoyable but I kinda just liked it because Mark seemed to be trying something new. The My Last Mistake solo on the other hand instantly clicked with me and I had to immediately rewind it a few times :D


It's amazing as I hear these tracks how little I actually remember from the Listening Party. I'm super glad I went but I'm really digging a lot of the tracks that struck me as average on my score sheet. Might have just been that the nuances in the song were drowned out when blasted over the loudspeakers though.

I love the tone of his voice so much, it's like ear candy.
Image

User avatar
Felipesh
Loyal Follower
Posts: 332
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:06 pm
Location: Santiago, Chile

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Felipesh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:11 pm

IMO My Last Mistake sounds better than Dust as a single
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:I love the tone of his voice so much, it's like ear candy.


Finally someone who gets it! :D Mark's voice just fits so well with the music. It's like 2x the ear candy! :cloud9 :mtrocks

I especially love the way he sounds in the lines "It just ain't right to move on!" (before the solo), Can't describe or compare his tone to something though :lol
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
Ryan
Blood Machines
Posts: 29792
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:24 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ryan wrote:cradle all your love in such a high place
pressures few can hardly reach
i’m the one you found searching for a little peace

i’m your fatal wound you’ve led me too far
lost out there without a trace
i’m your last goodbye i’m the one who’ll take your place


Don't know why but I keep hearing the red highlighted parts and not the lyrics you posted, Ryan.

Anyways....

I really thought that the riffs from the sneak peek videos were going to be reversed. I initially thought that the outro riff was going to be the main riff and vice versa :lol Guess I had it backwards.

Melody: 4/5
Vocals: 5/5
Solo: 4/5
Instrumentals: 5/5
Lyrics: 5/5

Total: 23/25

My Last Mistake > Radical Change for album opener.


I typed them out without headphones so it's possible. I still have yet to listen with headphones.
Photobucket cash grab.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Ryan wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ryan wrote:cradle all your love in such a high place
pressures few can hardly reach
i’m the one you found searching for a little peace

i’m your fatal wound you’ve led me too far
lost out there without a trace
i’m your last goodbye i’m the one who’ll take your place


Don't know why but I keep hearing the red highlighted parts and not the lyrics you posted, Ryan.

Anyways....

I really thought that the riffs from the sneak peek videos were going to be reversed. I initially thought that the outro riff was going to be the main riff and vice versa :lol Guess I had it backwards.

Melody: 4/5
Vocals: 5/5
Solo: 4/5
Instrumentals: 5/5
Lyrics: 5/5

Total: 23/25

My Last Mistake > Radical Change for album opener.


I typed them out without headphones so it's possible. I still have yet to listen with headphones.


Well get on it then! :lol Or y'know..There's always the lyric booklet in 34 days. :)
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
Ryan
Blood Machines
Posts: 29792
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

:lol I usually use headphones when I try to figure out lyrics, but I was in a rush yesterday and had to get to work.
Photobucket cash grab.

User avatar
AHart96
Rise Today
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby AHart96 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:14 pm

My Last Mistake is probably almost caught up to Dust in total plays on my phone. Can't get over how good this song is
Image

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:15 pm

AHart96 wrote:My Last Mistake is probably almost caught up to Dust in total plays on my phone. Can't get over how good this song is

How many plays for both currently, Hartie?

Dust: 110
My Last Mistake: 85 (on 86th right now :headbang )
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Ryan wrote::lol I usually use headphones when I try to figure out lyrics, but I was in a rush yesterday and had to get to work.

You're forgiven then :lol
SMKC - 7.18.2019

billdrambis
Brand New Start
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:36 pm

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby billdrambis » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 pm

A couple thoughts after listening to Dust and My Last Mistake:

- When I listen to the intro of My Last Mistake 1) I love it and 2) you just got this feeling when you used to listen to mark in the human clay days that he had these kinds of riffs inside of him. Watching Mark over the years has been a slow revelation of who I think he's been all along.

- Even after all this time there are STILL moments when I hear a Mark melody for the first time and my heart sinks into my chest and time pauses briefly pauses. For instance in My Last Mistake "draw me nearer". I just don't have those moments with other bands.

- Mark's solos just got real interesting. I think they're both awesome and really add something to their respective songs

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Fish Tacos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 pm

I'd agree with Shea's first and last correction but I'm pretty sure it's precious few not pressures few.
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:I'd agree with Shea's first and last correction but I'm pretty sure it's precious few not pressures few.


I'm sure it's precious now too but I heard pressures and associated it with the "high place" line. The higher you go, the more pressure there is, I guess the song is saying only a few people can reach that pressure/high place? :shrug
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
Ryan
Blood Machines
Posts: 29792
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:03 pm

just listened with headphones in...

cradle all your love in such a high place
precious few can hardly reach
i’m the one you found searching for a little peace (piece)

i still hear precious and it fits the lyrics...a precious few can reach all the persons love cause it's in such a high place. also, i originally had piece not peace, but listening again, piece fits too...they found him and he was searching for a little piece of their love.

i still hear landed too far, as in landed too far out there now you're lost out there.
Photobucket cash grab.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Ryan wrote:just listened with headphones in...

cradle all your love in such a high place
precious few can hardly reach
i’m the one you found searching for a little peace (piece)

i still hear precious and it fits the lyrics...a precious few can reach all the persons love cause it's in such a high place. also, i originally had piece not peace, but listening again, piece fits too...they found him and he was searching for a little piece of their love.


Makes sense.
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
Ryan
Blood Machines
Posts: 29792
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:41 am
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 pm

i edited my last post lol...but i definitely hear the "ded" sound in that line so that makes me think landed.
Photobucket cash grab.

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Can someone tweet Mark and ask what he says? :lol
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
AHart96
Rise Today
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: Where do you find the time?

Postby AHart96 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:21 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AHart96 wrote:My Last Mistake is probably almost caught up to Dust in total plays on my phone. Can't get over how good this song is

How many plays for both currently, Hartie?

Dust: 110
My Last Mistake: 85 (on 86th right now :headbang )

Nowhere near as many as you lol
Image

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8265
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: Where do you find the time?

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:24 pm

AHart96 wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
AHart96 wrote:My Last Mistake is probably almost caught up to Dust in total plays on my phone. Can't get over how good this song is

How many plays for both currently, Hartie?

Dust: 110
My Last Mistake: 85 (on 86th right now :headbang )

Nowhere near as many as you lol

Well get on it then! :lol
SMKC - 7.18.2019

User avatar
AHart96
Rise Today
Posts: 3560
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby AHart96 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:12 am

Any wagers on the next song (full or preview) to be released? Hoping this whole 1 song per week thing is true
Image

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!


Return to “Tremonti”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest