DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Postby cheesedip1 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:20 pm

I agree that it would be nice if Tremonti would make a full blown, all-out metal song. It would be a nice change of pace.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Fish Tacos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:41 pm

I think it's interesting that the riff we heard from the click track (the part where we see Mark playing, not where Garrett flips out) is actually the outro and not the main riff like I had assumed. Also, as much as I love Dust as a single, the solo is enjoyable but I kinda just liked it because Mark seemed to be trying something new. The My Last Mistake solo on the other hand instantly clicked with me and I had to immediately rewind it a few times :D

It's amazing as I hear these tracks how little I actually remember from the Listening Party. I'm super glad I went but I'm really digging a lot of the tracks that struck me as average on my score sheet. Might have just been that the nuances in the song were drowned out when blasted over the loudspeakers though.

I love the tone of his voice so much, it's like ear candy.

Felipesh
Loyal Follower

Postby Felipesh » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:11 pm

IMO My Last Mistake sounds better than Dust as a single

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:55 pm

Ryan
Blood Machines

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:24 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 pm

Ryan
Blood Machines

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 pm

:lol I usually use headphones when I try to figure out lyrics, but I was in a rush yesterday and had to get to work.

AHart96
Rise Today

Postby AHart96 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:14 pm

My Last Mistake is probably almost caught up to Dust in total plays on my phone. Can't get over how good this song is

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:15 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:17 pm

billdrambis
Brand New Start

Postby billdrambis » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:42 pm

A couple thoughts after listening to Dust and My Last Mistake:

- When I listen to the intro of My Last Mistake 1) I love it and 2) you just got this feeling when you used to listen to mark in the human clay days that he had these kinds of riffs inside of him. Watching Mark over the years has been a slow revelation of who I think he's been all along.

- Even after all this time there are STILL moments when I hear a Mark melody for the first time and my heart sinks into my chest and time pauses briefly pauses. For instance in My Last Mistake "draw me nearer". I just don't have those moments with other bands.

- Mark's solos just got real interesting. I think they're both awesome and really add something to their respective songs

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Postby Fish Tacos » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:01 pm

I'd agree with Shea's first and last correction but I'm pretty sure it's precious few not pressures few.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:03 pm

Ryan
Blood Machines

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:03 pm

just listened with headphones in...

cradle all your love in such a high place
precious few can hardly reach
i’m the one you found searching for a little peace (piece)

i still hear precious and it fits the lyrics...a precious few can reach all the persons love cause it's in such a high place. also, i originally had piece not peace, but listening again, piece fits too...they found him and he was searching for a little piece of their love.

i still hear landed too far, as in landed too far out there now you're lost out there.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:05 pm

Ryan
Blood Machines

Postby Ryan » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:07 pm

i edited my last post lol...but i definitely hear the "ded" sound in that line so that makes me think landed.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:13 pm

Can someone tweet Mark and ask what he says? :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: Where do you find the time?

Postby AHart96 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:21 pm

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Where do you find the time?

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:24 pm

AHart96
Rise Today

Postby AHart96 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:12 am

Any wagers on the next song (full or preview) to be released? Hoping this whole 1 song per week thing is true

Return to “Tremonti”