Another Heart Has Arrived!!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
jcrowe
Brand New Start

Re: Another Heart Has Arrived!!

Post by jcrowe »

Just came in at #15 on Octane's big'uns.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

His vocals around the end of Another Heart are about my limit I think (for Mark).
For all of the hope that it brings...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

RuRo wrote:I can understand people wishing that Tremonti would commit more to a heavier or more metal approach with less hard rock style verses or choruses or harsh vocals... but then if you want to listen to something that is full thrash, speed metal or even death metal, there are plenty of thrash metal and death metal bands out there. But for people (like me and seemingly some other Tremonti fans) there are less options for people who like heavy or technical riffs and solos but don't like the harsh vocals or "cookie monster" growls that usually come with it, something like Tremonti is exactly what we're looking for. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy for them to be even bolder in straying from the sound of Alter Bridge (though obviously I'd be hoping they stray a certain way that fits my tastes, and probably not everyone else's :lol) but I definitely don't think they need to fundamentally change their general approach of combining some very heavy riffs with clean vocals and strong catchy choruses and vocal melodies more associated with hard rock. Obviously I don't blame anyone for wanting them to do something more in line with their own tastes, but like I said, if you really like pure speed metal then there is stuff like that already out there, there isn't so much out there like Tremonti imo, even in terms of this level of heaviness with clean vocals and strong vocal melodies.
I'm with you here. We all know Mark can slay at the guitar, but I think more importantly he has a rare ability to write incredible melodies. Now I'm not saying that he can't continue to increase the amount of metal in his songs, but I don't think he should completely abandon the hard rock side.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think anyone was implying that he had to stop writing incredible melodies.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

RuRo wrote:I can understand people wishing that Tremonti would commit more to a heavier or more metal approach with less hard rock style verses or choruses or harsh vocals... but then if you want to listen to something that is full thrash, speed metal or even death metal, there are plenty of thrash metal and death metal bands out there. But for people (like me and seemingly some other Tremonti fans) there are less options for people who like heavy or technical riffs and solos but don't like the harsh vocals or "cookie monster" growls that usually come with it, something like Tremonti is exactly what we're looking for. Don't get me wrong, I'd be happy for them to be even bolder in straying from the sound of Alter Bridge (though obviously I'd be hoping they stray a certain way that fits my tastes, and probably not everyone else's :lol) but I definitely don't think they need to fundamentally change their general approach of combining some very heavy riffs with clean vocals and strong catchy choruses and vocal melodies more associated with hard rock. Obviously I don't blame anyone for wanting them to do something more in line with their own tastes, but like I said, if you really like pure speed metal then there is stuff like that already out there, there isn't so much out there like Tremonti imo, even in terms of this level of heaviness with clean vocals and strong vocal melodies.
Couldn't have said it better. I remember seeing a Zakk Wylde interview with him saying something along the lines of "I like mixing the heavy shit with the soft shit". That stuff had always been right up my alley. There is not many bands out right now that do that, it's either one or the other. That's why I think there is no band like Alter Bridge or Tremonti. The closest I have seen is a local band called Intertwyned (awesome band, amazing guitarist. Check them out), and that is because they are heavily Alter Bridge influenced and are huge fans themselves. So I agree, this is all people like us really have and I wouldn't want an all cookie monster vocal cd.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

ToNsOFuN88 wrote:There is not many bands out right now that do that, it's either one or the other.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_al ... al_artists
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:and I wouldn't want an all cookie monster vocal cd.
The original quote was: "I think cookie monster vocals on a few occasions could do wonders"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I feel like the end of the song is kinda like what Stapp did with Good Fight. Just not really necessary

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Timotheus wrote:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:There is not many bands out right now that do that, it's either one or the other.
The original quote was: "I think cookie monster vocals on a few occasions could do wonders"
Many of those are older bands. I'm talking recent rock. Plus, many of those (not all) are just "strum some some power chords" bands. It's boring and relies on the the singer to give the song some distinction and character. No one likes to take the time to come up with unique riffs anymore. All power chords or palm muted 16th notes on a guitar tuned down so low, and with so much distortion, you can't tell what notes they are playing or if they are even changing notes.

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

Timotheus wrote:
Also, I don't mind screams and cookie monster vocals on occasion. I loved Avenged Sevenfold's WTF and that's more screaming than singing.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

jcrowe wrote:Just came in at #15 on Octane's big'uns.
Gooooooood! All the songs on the big'uns are voted on by listeners in the octane air force so people must be digging it!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I voted for it since I'm part of the Octane Air Force thing. Hopefully we can keep it climbing up the Big 'Uns countdown!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Did some big site push the song? In the last 24 hours, the lyric video went from 79k views to 99k. That's bigger than any jump YWYT ever dreamed of having.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

austin. wrote:I feel like the end of the song is kinda like what Stapp did with Good Fight. Just not really necessary
That's a bit of a stretch. The end of "Another Heart" is a fairly typical case of emphasizing a few of the chorus lyrics. The end of "Good Fight" is straight up uncomfortable.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

austin. wrote:Did some big site push the song? In the last 24 hours, the lyric video went from 79k views to 99k. That's bigger than any jump YWYT ever dreamed of having.
Possibly Mark's appearance on TMS helped?
For all of the hope that it brings...

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I watch a few youtubers that each have 2-5M subscribers. I really wish I could get just one of them to plug the single.

Cariocawlad
Bought The CDs

Post by Cariocawlad »

Good song, but nothing special to me. The music is great and Mark and his band are in a really inspired moment... The problem are Mark vocals. I still just don't like it. His vocal melodies sound weird for me. I'm really trying to get used to it and I will listen the whole album when realeased, but I would love to see Mark deserving more time to Alterbridge...

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

I find the riffs especially in the beginning are pretty boring. And the pre chorus with it's "today" and the chorus itself, feel very much like we've heard them before. It's dated. For a few seconds in the bridge, I thought they were gonna go into "One" by Metallica. The solo is ok, typical wah fueled legato stuff. I don't hear the middle eastern stuff you guys do. Overall, this song is pretty average.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

Man.. bunch of haters around here. I haven't stopped listening to it. What are you all expecting from Mark exactly? This is dead on nails his style.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, we all hate Mark.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

pokefan_4 wrote:Man.. bunch of haters around here. I haven't stopped listening to it. What are you all expecting from Mark exactly? This is dead on nails his style.
You're looking at this the wrong way. Most of here are huge die hards and support Mark and whatever he does 100%. Just because some people don't like the song that much (myself included) doesn't mean we are "Haters".

Tremonti is my idol and has been for a very long time. But I'll be honest with you. I don't like Another Heart. The song does nothing for me.

But does that make me a hater for not connecting with the song? Absolutely not. The solo to Another Heart sounds like a whiny baby crying. But thats just because I'm not connecting with it.

Not liking something does not make you a hater. Hating is hating on someone else's opinion.