Tremonti's first single: Another Heart

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Tremonti's first single: Another Heart

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think Flying Monkeys has that typical Tremonti-ish, boomy chorus. The chorus is just as slow, dark and moody as the verses, if not even more.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

It sounds like we're on a similar page. I can tolerate Flying Monkeys, just because it's a brilliant chorus, and at least the heaviness continues throughout the verse on the clip of Radical Change that we've heard. I would just love for Mark to write a really heavy song, considering he lists his influences to be Testament, Slayer, etc, I'm surprised he hasn't written one by now, we almost got there with Wish You Well. I feel like he wants to write a really heavy song, but feels compelled to fit the song within his hard-rock radio structure that he's been working with for years.

As for cookie-monster vocals, I wouldn't say I listen to many bands with cookie-monster vocals, but I'd give early Opeth and some Gojira as examples.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/sBBPN_GmZe8[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I seem to remember the song Cauterize just ripping and not really letting up.

Reading Alex's review again though, maybe it was a different song. I can't remember now. :lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I want to say you're thinking of Tie the Noose? I would have said the same from the 15 second preview but we've heard the chorus from Shiprocked

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Do you guys really think Garret "accidentally" posted the the lyric video? 1- hes the most social on social media 2. He would have to have been sent the link to his phone 3. He would have to go on YouTube amd upload it 3. Then have to take it off 15 minutes later 4. This is suppose to get people talking. 5. That wS no accident lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There probably was some kind of miscommunication. Videos like that often get uploaded days before the release, just not for the public to see. I think they failed to mention not to share the video before Tuesday, or Garret got so excited that he forgot to read the tiny letters, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah it was a private video. I'm pretty sure Fret12 sent the link to the band so they could see how the lyric video turned out, and Garrett posted it on accident thinking that it was ready for the public to see.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

All this talk about how good Tie The Noose is, has me really, really eager to hear that. But, Providence is still my most anticipated song to hear.

Grizzly9773
Brand New Start

Post by Grizzly9773 »

Andy92 wrote:Yeah it was a private video. I'm pretty sure Fret12 sent the link to the band so they could see how the lyric video turned out, and Garrett posted it on accident thinking that it was ready for the public to see.
This makes the most sense. Garrett being Garrett, lol

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

JSlade wrote: I just want a Tremonti style metal song without the, dare I say it, radio rockness.
I'm totally on board with this. Although I must say the 'song-writer heart' of Mark probably won't give us a full-on metal song.

With both AB and Tremonti we get some real metal riffs, but as soon as the vocals (and/or chorus) hit, it turns hard-rock for me. It ruined Brains for me (I mean, that spooky/heavy intro... and then that chorus and bridge, really?), but it also gives that typical AB and Tremonti sound I do love.

But for me AB/Tremonti are one of the few hard-rock acts I can stand, listening to mostly metal music (including cookie monster vocals :D).

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

JSlade wrote:Does anyone else wish he would just go full metal for one song? What I mean by that is that most of his songs start out really metal-like but then the choruses hit and it seamlessly switches over to all-audiences -welcome rock. I'm not saying I want cookie monster vocals or anything, just want something brutally heavy from him.
That's my main issue with that band .
Even though he keeps saying he loves metal, Mark always plays it safe, and I don't think he's a good enough songwriter to write a proper 6-7 minute metal song, with long instrumental parts and no melody at all. For years, I thought he was, but All I Was was a reality check as far as I'm concerned. He's just going to write the same structured 4 minute song until he retires (with the exception of a couple "epic" tunes on each record).

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

The guy is going to have his own style of music... an old school thrash/melodic feel with his signature moves.

I would wait until you hear all 20 songs because I know that "The Cage" is really hardcore.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Wow, I missed a ton of discussion over the weekend!

I was lucky enough to hear the song again after Garrett tweeted it. On the positive side, Mark's vocals have taken a huge step forward, the intro is a lot of fun, the prechoruses are awesome, and the bridge rips. Otherwise, it's pretty run-of-the-mill Tremonti. The verses are unremarkable and the choruses are catchy but not particularly interesting. The solo seems a bit rough; not the most inventive, but it does have a couple surprises, and the tone sounds a bit out of place. As for the lyrics, Mark's done better. I'd say "Another Heart" and "Burn it Down" represent opposite ends of his songwriting skills spectrum.

Based on how little it impressed me during the listening party, I'd predict that "Another Heart" will end up being one of the least memorable songs on Cauterize. I'm guessing they chose it as a single because to be successful, the band needs to expand their fan base. "Another Heart" has a metal edge, but it's not too metallic for radio, and it has a relatively catchy chorus.

I don't blame them; sometimes you need to suck it up and release the boring song. We all thought "Cry of Achilles" would completely change Alter Bridge's fortunes for the better, but it made little to no impact on the radio.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Just noticed from Fish Tacos' post in the listening party thread that Mark head mentioned this song as one of their favourites too, probably goes a way to explaining it.

Fingers crossed they start streaming it today, it's my day off and I'm quite keen to spend it listening to a single song on repeat.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Berated_girl
Brand New Start

Post by Berated_girl »

Tremonti just posted the video on YouTube

http://youtu.be/YmoMjMl_Jxw

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

<3

Post by Fish Tacos »

Ubik wrote:Just noticed from Fish Tacos' post in the listening party thread
People read my posts! :cloud9

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I did have to have a wash afterwards.
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

It's a shame you sold your lies before God
What our eyes have seen, oh, have you forgot?
Where's your values? Were they all thrown away?
Where's the reason you will suffer today?

Today, today

Hard on the brain
Tear at the walls to find it
Toss it away
Find me another heart
Break the inside
Hurt in a way you'll like it
Eager to find
Find me another heart

Learn a lesson from the words that you speak
Feigned forgiveness 'cause the wounds are too deep
The end's a lonely place and now it is here
You live your final days alone with your fear
Your fear, your fear

Hard on the brain
Toss it away
Find me another heart
Break the inside
Eager to find
Find me another heart

<solo>

It's a shame
Such a shame oh

Hard on the brain
Toss it away
Find me another heart
Break the inside
Eager to find
Find me another heart
Find me another heart
Find!
Find me another heart
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Since we can all watch a lyric video now, I would assume so. lol