Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Tremonti's second album "Cauterize" June 2015!

Post by Ubik »

I guess that answers the "should he be doing solos?" question then. The answer is yes, yes he jolly well should.
For all of the hope that it brings...

snowman
Bought The CDs

Post by snowman »

Fish Tacos wrote:Pinky bar, what a beast!
Yeah, when I saw that, I looked at my pinky and just thought, "I seriously don't think my pinky can bend like that!" Guess I'll have to figure out a work around on it when I try to tackle this song later today.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Anyone want a free Cauterize album?

Post by zazthespaz »

I ordered one Cauterize album, got it a day before it was released, and just received a second today with a signed pamphlet... anyone else have this happen to them? Is it a bonus from the listening party?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:I ordered one Cauterize album, got it a day before it was released, and just received a second today with a signed pamphlet... anyone else have this happen to them? Is it a bonus from the listening party?
Maybe Tim Tournier knows?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Man's a genius

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I ordered one Cauterize album, got it a day before it was released, and just received a second today with a signed pamphlet... anyone else have this happen to them? Is it a bonus from the listening party?
What beneficial and glorious insight Shea! I can always count on you to provide me with instant helpful information! :thumbsup
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

Might try emailing Fret12.
Though, I emailed them about my missing liner notes booklet from my preordered copy and I haven't gotten a reply from them about it, so....

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
What beneficial and glorious insight Shea! I can always count on you to provide me with instant helpful information! :thumbsup
You're welcome, Cam! /sarcasm. :lol

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

After you said that I went and checked my mail. On my approach, I could hear the muffled rhythm of a thousand chariots trembling the ground. Lo and behold, upon turning the key, the mailbox burst open with dank riffs and glorious vocals erupting in all directions. And there, in the middle of this sunbeam pouring gloriously through the apartment complex parking lot, was an autographed cover, still dripping in the sweat of the 4 musical heroes that braved stygian horrors in the creation of this album.

So yeah, I got one too, must have been a listening party perk. Gotta love Fret 12 man, I wish more companies were like this. Now I just have to figure out who to give this to since I already bought a few copies and handed them out.

slasherbridge
White Knuckled

Post by slasherbridge »

That was beautiful.

I still want my liner notes, dammit.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
I got one too. It's a bonus from the listening party. Tim only sent them to some of the die hards.
Photobucket cash grab.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I'm starting to feel special

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
I got one too. It's a bonus from the listening party. Tim only sent them to some of the die hards.
Haha really?! So not everyone got one who went?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

AHart96 wrote:
slasherbridge wrote:I asked him on Twitter and he said he "Hopes so!" :rockon
They are so teasing us :lol first it was the fret 12 insta pic of them filming Mark at headquarters, then the pro-shot of Cauterize live in Chicago, the Cauterize promo pic on social media would so be the DVD cover, and now this free lesson formatted like the S&S from the past. Plus, I asked Tim in the Cauterize thread about it and he completely ignored the question but answered my other one. They're being hush hush but there's GOTTA be one after all this teasing :lol I'll be so let down if there isn't

i didn't ignore you - I answered your questions. I have said a bunch of times that we film everything, we want to put out a big making of TREMONTi kinda thing that shows the band from day 1 through the next record.

Ill keep putting little nuggets out but nothing to big... ya gotta wait for it. :)

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

TTournier wrote:we want to put out a big making of TREMONTi kinda thing that shows the band from day 1 through the next record.
That will definitely be cool considering how much the style and group changed since the beginning.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TTournier wrote:
AHart96 wrote:
slasherbridge wrote:I asked him on Twitter and he said he "Hopes so!" :rockon
They are so teasing us :lol first it was the fret 12 insta pic of them filming Mark at headquarters, then the pro-shot of Cauterize live in Chicago, the Cauterize promo pic on social media would so be the DVD cover, and now this free lesson formatted like the S&S from the past. Plus, I asked Tim in the Cauterize thread about it and he completely ignored the question but answered my other one. They're being hush hush but there's GOTTA be one after all this teasing :lol I'll be so let down if there isn't

i didn't ignore you - I answered your questions. I have said a bunch of times that we film everything, we want to put out a big making of TREMONTi kinda thing that shows the band from day 1 through the next record.

Ill keep putting little nuggets out but nothing to big... ya gotta wait for it. :)
Fair enough, looking forward to it whenever that may be :D thanks for some info Tim, I'm sure we all appreciate it
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Ryan wrote:Tim only sent them to some of the die hards.
It's kinda sad to see them start popping up on Ebay :(

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Unless I misread his message...which I totally could have :lol yeah he only sent them to some.

I think Mark signed mine twice. I'll be keeping mine lol.
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I went ahead and decided I've had enough listens to properly compare the two albums; and this was the ranking I came up with in terms of favorite to least favorite songs. I'll be completely honest and say the "ABABAB" format for the first 10 songs was completely unintentional. Anyone else want to give it a shot? This is going to be so hard when Dust comes out.

1. Providence - Cauterize
2. Brains - All I Was
3. Fall Again - Cauterize
4. Decay - All I Was
5. Sympathy - Cauterize
6. All That I Got - All I Was
7. Tie The Noose - Cauterize
8. Giving Up - All I Was
9. Dark Trip - Cauterize
10. Proof - All I Was
11. The Things I've Seen - All I Was
12. Arm Yourself - Cauterize
13. Cauterize - Cauterize
14. Radical Change - Cauterize
15. Flying Monkeys - Cauterize
16. Gone - All I Was
17. Leave It Alone - All I Was
18. New Way Out - All I Was
19. Doesn’t Matter - All I Was
20. Another Heart - Cauterize
21. You Waste Your Time - All I Was
22. All I Was - All I Was
23. Wish You Well - All I Was
24. So You’re Afraid - All I Was

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

How you have Fall Again at 3 and Wish You Well and So You're Afraid last is beyond me. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

1. Dark Trip - C
2. Providence - C
3. Cauterize - C
4. Sympathy - C
5. The Things I've Seen - AIW
6. Radical Change - C
7. All That I Got - AIW
8. Flying Monkeys - C
9. Wish You Well - AIW
10. Arm Yourself - C
11. Another Heart - C
12. Fall Again - C
13. Tie The Noose - C
14-23. The rest of All I Was
24. Gone - AIW
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Andy92 wrote:How you have Fall Again at 3 and Wish You Well and So You're Afraid last is beyond me. :lol
I think So You're Afraid is too long and the chorus is lacking. Solo is meh. Wish You Well is too fast paced and it's just not a easily related song, IMO. Fall Again is the perfect length, it's different (the intro/outro), has a better vocal performance and 2 solos. That's how. :lol