Tremonti 2015 Touring

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Tremonti 2015 Touring

Post by anguyen92 »

What about Decay at the end of the supporting sets? I saw some of the videos from when they played it supporting Slash/Myles/Conspirators. That went well.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, here's an updated poster of the tour.

Most of these shows are with them supporting Seether.

Here's which dates have them supporting or headlining.

http://www.marktremonti.com/tour/the-tour
Last edited by anguyen92 on Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

SQUEEEEEEE

I can see them if I go home to visit Buffalo in Niagara Falls or I can see them in Birmingham / Nashville. PUMPED

By then I'd imagine a majority of their setlist will be new materialz

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Could they have been paired with a more boring headliner? Seether are like the poster child for generic radio rock. On the plus side, at least I can get home at a decent hour. ;)

Really hoping that May 7 ends up being a PA show.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Seether used to have a good amount of edge, but I guess everything after Finding Beauty In Negative Spaces, something got lost there in their last two albums. The issues are kinda similar to how Shinedown looked a bit watered down in their last album.

Anywho, I got no problem with Tremonti opening for them. They hadn't done a real tour in like two years, so they got start somewhere.

I would have a problem if AB opened for them, though. At the very least, if there is ever going to be an AB/Seether tour, it would be co-headlining (even though Seether stuck around with a bigger record label till the end and probably are the bigger name in active rock radio).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I actually think Seether puts on a good live set even though I do get bored listening to an entire album all the way through. But when you throw all their best hits together for a live show, it turns out pretty well.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Hey who knows, maybe people will leave thinking "who the fuck was that opener?"

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Looks like I'll be going to that Chicago show :)
Thanks Timo!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

abw1987 wrote:Could they have been paired with a more boring headliner? Seether are like the poster child for generic radio rock.
Yeah they're almost different genres, really. I'll probably be leaving early as well.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austinjhnsn wrote:Looks like I'll be going to that Chicago show :)
Chicago's closer to you than Flint, Michigan?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

No, Flint is closer. There's so much more to do in Chicago, plus Flint isn't exactly the best/safest area to be. Chicago is definitely worth the slightly longer drive.
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Flint must be rough if you feel safer in Chicago. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Ehh, like I said, there's also more to do :)
Thanks Timo!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, Timo. This news could be interesting to you. Tremonti will be playing Graspop Festival in Belgium on June 21. Slash/Myles/Conspirators are also playing the same festival on the 19th, I believe.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Wish they'd stop going to Graspop every time. Tremonti kinda fits in, and it's cool to see him on the list, but Alter Bridge and Slash always feel really out of place there. There are other (and bigger) Belgian festivals that are great as well, and where they would fit in even better.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Timotheus wrote:Wish they'd stop going to Graspop every time. Tremonti kinda fits in, and it's cool to see him on the list, but Alter Bridge and Slash always feel really out of place there. There are other (and bigger) Belgian festivals that are great as well, and where they would fit in even better.
I don't really get your point. That line up is pretty decent and has many different music styles. I think Slash fits pretty well alongside with bands like Kiss, Judas Priest or Alice Cooper. As an opener for Kiss he'll probably have a big crowd aswell.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I just don't get why they have to go to the same festival all the time. Since 2004, every time a band related to AB does a festival here it's Graspop. I get that it's the "metal" festival of Belgium, but they'd do just as well (if not better) on festivals like Rock Werchter. It's a completely different audience, but there are plently of metal and rock acts on those festivals as well.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:I just don't get why they have to go to the same festival all the time. Since 2004, every time a band related to AB does a festival here it's Graspop. I get that it's the "metal" festival of Belgium, but they'd do just as well (if not better) on festivals like Rock Werchter. It's a completely different audience, but there are plently of metal and rock acts on those festivals as well.
I guess one could make the same argument of AB playing Download all the time in the UK. The alternatives are Reading and Leeds (and those festivals do incorporate heavy acts like Metallica) and Glastonbury, but those festivals seems a tad mainstream for them. For example, if AB/Tremonti get the call to play Download, the Download community, at least, know who they are as a band whereas if they get the call to play Reading and Leeds or Glastonbury, some people may go "Who, what? Oh, that band that used to be Creed?, etc."

I guess another alternative to the heavy rock festivals to Download is Sonisphere UK, but Sonisphere is somewhat a tad unreliable to run, since they did cancel one time and they did not run it the year later and is not running it, this year.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

AB and Slash would suit Rock Werchter better than Graspop, though I think Tremonti fits Graspop pretty well, being more of a metal band...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Don't really understand the tour being before the album release. Kinda sucks..