Tremonti 2015 Touring

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
axlar
Site Admin

Re: Tremonti 2015 Touring

Post by axlar »

Austin, i just broke my neck trying to look at the pictures you posted...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Here's a behind the scenes video with some live footage in the background:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/pPHBvo3217I[/youtube]

I didn't watch the entire thing, because the second part is just crappy live footage, but damn.. That crowd is really dead during Cauterize. Especially considering it's the opener. You'd think that riff would have some kind of impact on a crowd.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Motionless crowds and attendances of around 200 ? Makes me wonder if they will be happy to hit Europe again after a little break ?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh, they will be happy to hit Europe. The venues I've checked is pretty sizable. Not as sizable like the ones AB generally plays, but good enough for a band like Tremonti.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

They already upgraded one venue in Lisbon, Portugal and booked an extra show in The Netherlands because one sold out really quick. Upgrading wasn't possible in the same venue. Edinburgh, UK, is sold out too if I'm not mistaking.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I don't understand why there is such a big difference between EU and USA regarding Tremonti/AB shows.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Mr. Slash wrote:I don't understand why there is such a big difference between EU and USA regarding Tremonti/AB shows.
It could be a culture thing. I mean this does not only happen to AB and Tremonti, but it happens to bigger bands like Iron Maiden. In Europe, Iron Maiden are massive superstars and can headline festivals/stadiums/arenas anywhere they want on the backs of any tour whether it is for a new album or playing a greatest hits set and have great crowds for the majority of the shows.

In the states, not so much. Sure, they can play arenas and fill them, but for their new album tour, their US leg is not as lengthy as it would be for a greatest hits tour. Plus, in the states, people generally tend to whine and moan about wanting a greatest hits setlist when Iron Maiden, for this instance, has made it clear that they are not going to do that for the Book of Souls tour and want to focus being a more current band, incorporating their new album and more recent songs post-2000. It's also quite telling that while The Book of Souls album hit #1 in 20+ different countries, in the US, they only hit #4 on the Billboard 200 getting out-sold by Five Finger Death Punch.

I'm not going to whine about the crowds in US in general and want them to stop playing shows there. I'll take what I can get. I quite liked the AB crowd in LA so that's fine with me if it's not as actively loud in Europe. I know everyone in that LA show genuinely wants to be there for AB. Though, I couldn't go to the Tremonti show in LA because I had too much on my hands in terms of schoolwork.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On another note, Tremonti will be playing Hellfest in France in 2016 which goes well the various interviews that Mark said regarding touring in the summer for Dust after finishing making the next AB album.

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

31 days to go unil I see them for the first time!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Saw them twice and next december for the third time ! You won't be disappointed and I hope you will enjoy a great concert too !

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Thank you, I am sure I will enjoy it! Does anyone know if they come to the merch stand after the concert in Europe as well? And if I need to buy something after the show to meet them or if I can buy the shirt before and just join the line of people?
I would rather not risk them running out of my favorit shirt or my size lol

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Yes, they do! :)

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Well, Mark anniunced he will meet everyone, but when you get in line, Tim walks through and makes you buy a CD even if you have a set list from
The stage or your PRS. he says those don't count. Gotta buy merch.

Sooooo....

For 10 dollars you can meet the band. But no photos, as the sign states :rolleyes

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

If you want a photo, you can wait at the bus. When everyone that's in line wants to take a picture too, you'll be in line for 3 hours.

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

It's off-topic but don't wanna start a topic about it, but where can I get All that I got aside from iTunes and Amazon, cause I don't have a credit card?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Do stores near you sell iTunes or Amazon gift cards? That's your best bet. Cost around 15-30 dollars for the cheapest one

mockingbird
TABN.com Citizen

Post by mockingbird »

Gift cards, good one. Will look into it, thanks!

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Thanks guys! I will probably buy a shirt anyway. If Tim says anything I will buy the CD once more and use my old one as a Christmas gift for someone who still needs to learn to appreciate the band.

Meeting them, spreading their music and one Christmas gift down - works for me :D

@mockingbird: it sounds as if you are fine with mp3, but if you want a CD can't you just order one at a store with a music department? Always worked fine for me in the past.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

Nah, you can't.
All That I Got isn't released physically.

And vChris, don't worry. A shirt is merch and enough to meet the band after the show. Austin meant probably that you have to buy a CD when you don't have merch which was bought at the show.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Who thinks the tour will be cancelled due to these isis nob heads? That woman Mrs death who's a UK recruiter for them has been spotted in Birmingham my mate who's from Birmingham says it's on high alert they are cancelling gigs left right and center