Tremonti 2015 Touring

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Tremonti 2015 Touring

Post by Timotheus »

Co-headlining with Trivium is pretty awesome.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

The press release / news item says more dates will be added. I don't think all the dates are scrolling unless I copy/pasted off it incorrectly.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Timotheus wrote:Co-headlining with Trivium is pretty awesome.
Yeah, I said it earlier, when I posted that unofficial poster that I had to edit out. I think Tremonti doing a tour with Trivium is probably the best option for them, atm, to gain more exposure and newer metal fans.

Now, in this spot, I think Trivium would be closing these shows, right? My hypothetical question would be if AB and Trivium do a US tour together, who closes?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:Co-headlining with Trivium is pretty awesome.
It is. I want to go to one of these, but the most feasible one is Cleveland which is still 4 hours away. I remember when the band first started and people were giving tour requests, and I usually mentioned Trivium and Stone Sour. I think it'll be a great tour.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hopefully, they got their own headlining shows in between these dates and this co-headlining tour with Trivium is not just it for them touring in the fall. Here's a tweet from Michael.

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

I went to school with and played in the drumline with the drummer for Trivium. Maybe I will have to ask for back stage passes if that tour comes to my area.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

ZIGGY'S! Would it be wrong if I hung around downtown all day that day to see if I could spot Tremonti? It's only 5 minutes from my house.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Look up the lyrics to Strife by Trivium.

As soon as you see it you'll get it. Lol.

Man. Wish mark could get on a bill with a real band. If I remember correctly, Trivium is kind of an old school known badass band, but I'm not too familiar with them.

The Masquerade in Atlanta looks pretty cool.
Wondering if Winston Salem may be closer though.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

austin. wrote:If I remember correctly, Trivium is kind of an old school known badass band, but I'm not too familiar with them.
Clearly.. They're a band from the 00's.

I think touring with Trivium is one of the best things that could've happened to them.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

Seriously? Tremonti and Slash can both come to Toronto but fucking Alter Bridge can't?

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

We are trying to get AB back to Toronto - as of now Toronto is a new market for us. it took so long to go back because the first time with AB didn't go so hot.

please note it is hard for a band to test markets because most of the time we can just cover costs (if that).

Want the boys to play in your town? buy the records and request the song on radio. We will come.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yep, pretty much, what Tim says.
Kreuger33 wrote:Seriously? Tremonti and Slash can both come to Toronto but fucking Alter Bridge can't?
Well, let's see how this Toronto show can sell. The capacity size of that show seems to be 1,300, according to wiki, which can be attainable by AB if the proper advertisement and promotion is there. If Tremonti/Trivium only get like 500 people interested to show up, AB having their own show there could be a no-go. However, if, and it could be a big if, the show in Toronto sold out and the place is packed, hopefully, the promoters can take a chance in AB to tour Canada.

The venues in this tour seems to be similar in size to the venues that AB did last year. Three shows, Orlando, Sayreville, and Spokane, are in the exact same venue that AB played while other areas like Seattle and Denver seems to be a bit smaller than the one that AB played. The Chicago show capacity size seems to be like 1,600, which is higher than the House of Blues there, but AB, of course, played two shows at the HOB.
austin. wrote:Look up the lyrics to Strife by Trivium.

As soon as you see it you'll get it. Lol.

Man. Wish mark could get on a bill with a real band. If I remember correctly, Trivium is kind of an old school known badass band, but I'm not too familiar with them.
What do you mean by a "real band"? Trivium is pretty much solid enough band. I quite enjoyed "To Believe" from that same album that Strife (still a good song) was in, Vengeance Falls. As Timo stated, touring with Trivium is the best option for Tremonti to be in, atm. Both Trivium and AB are in the same record label, and both Trivium and Mark resides in Orlando.

If this tour goes well, both bands will have the better end of the deal. Especially Tremonti, where they can get newer fresher exposure of younger metal fans. Something that you, Austin, have somewhat pointed out that the general Tremonti crowd is relatively older than a general show or something of that nature. I think Trivium is relatively a younger band (in terms of age and how long they've been here) that can bring a relatively younger demographic crowd that can, hopefully, appreciate and love the sounds of Tremonti as much as we do.

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

I am a big Trivium fan (and Tremonti of course). If they come near by Southern California, I will make it to the show.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Shogun was one of the best metal albums of the 2000s imo. They don't really play that style as much now, but I still enjoy them.

Would love to make one of these shows, but I'm probably looking at a 4 hour drive one way plus hotel. We'll see.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

anguyen92 wrote:^^ Yep, pretty much, what Tim says.
Kreuger33 wrote:Seriously? Tremonti and Slash can both come to Toronto but fucking Alter Bridge can't?
Well, let's see how this Toronto show can sell. The capacity size of that show seems to be 1,300, according to wiki, which can be attainable by AB if the proper advertisement and promotion is there. If Tremonti/Trivium only get like 500 people interested to show up, AB having their own show there could be a no-go. However, if, and it could be a big if, the show in Toronto sold out and the place is packed, hopefully, the promoters can take a chance in AB to tour Canada.

The venues in this tour seems to be similar in size to the venues that AB did last year. Three shows, Orlando, Sayreville, and Spokane, are in the exact same venue that AB played while other areas like Seattle and Denver seems to be a bit smaller than the one that AB played. The Chicago show capacity size seems to be like 1,600, which is higher than the House of Blues there, but AB, of course, played two shows at the HOB.
AB has played the Hartford venue 3 times before (2 headline and once supporting 7D). None in the last couple of album cycles, but they've played it. They've also played the NH venue. I'm pretty sure they've played it as a headliner, but also definitely with the Carnival of Madness.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

I'll be at the Tampa Show, Can't WAIT!!

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I dunno, I just can't stand Trivium. I find them cheesy and really lame. No offence to anyone. Tremonti could be pairing up with Slash and Co. or someone else.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

Them Bones wrote:I dunno, I just can't stand Trivium. I find them cheesy and really lame. No offence to anyone. Tremonti could be pairing up with Slash and Co. or someone else.

Respect your opinion Bones but man...I've seen Triv 3 or 4 times and they really bring it. The guys in the band really care about their music and work really hard to make good records. Heafy is a total guitar head like Mark.

Give em a chance

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I love both bands. I'm headed to St. Louis, even though the venue is a complete shithole in a bad part of St. Louis.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Toronto show! Finally! FINALLY!

And also, Trivium rocks.