Tremonti II VIP Listening Party

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Tremonti II VIP Listening Party

Post by Timotheus »

One Day Remains only has 11 songs and is AB's album with the best flow in my opinion. Ten songs are fine with me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lol people sad it's 10 songs when they'll have 20 this time 2 years from now. AB III came out over 4 years ago. Time moves faster than you think.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I'm kind of worried about this TBH. 10 songs, and are we for sure getting a physical release? I'd love to buy some kind of bundle. But why would I do that if 10 more songs are coming later? For completists like myself, this is a maddening proposition.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Remember the days when bands didn't tell you how many songs they recorded in an album session? lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'm kind of worried about this TBH. 10 songs, and are we for sure getting a physical release? I'd love to buy some kind of bundle. But why would I do that if 10 more songs are coming later? For completists like myself, this is a maddening proposition.
I agree in that I wish everything is released at the same time but I get why they are doing this. MP3 is the now and future. If Tremonti released everything at once he wouldn't make anything off of it because sales won't be high.. Even with his popularity TREMONTI isn't very mainstream in the metal world.

This way they makes a pretty decent profit for the release and make some good cash for each song per month.

But I would be pissed if we never heard some of the other b sides. But I'm sure Mark wouldn't hold us back

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

AllC392Was wrote:If Tremonti released everything at once he wouldn't make anything off of it because sales won't be high...

This way they makes a pretty decent profit for the release and make some good cash for each song per month.
I'm not convinced the iTunes sales will do as well as the physical album. I just don't see it operating that way. In fact, I'd be willing to bet, over a histogram, you will be able to plot a trend with fewer sales across the 10 independent releases.

Just take this random Reddit thread for instance: http://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/ ... er_though/
Each subsequent comment has hundreds of votes less. The average consumer isn't going to keep track for 10 months, they'd be better off putting more effort into marketing, putting a few more songs on the album and selling it for $15 instead of $10. THEN release a few B-Sides on iTunes for the diehards and new converts.

I get that they're saving money by eliminating the physical production costs but I'm not convinced they won't be losing more than that amount in sales over such a long period of time.

Just my opinion. Especially since there are 2-3 tracks I know I wouldn't pay separately for if they weren't on the album.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

If they release them once a month as has been mentioned the novelty would definitely wear out pretty quickly with all the waiting in between.
For all of the hope that it brings...

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'm kind of worried about this TBH. 10 songs, and are we for sure getting a physical release? I'd love to buy some kind of bundle. But why would I do that if 10 more songs are coming later? For completists like myself, this is a maddening proposition.
I'm pretty sure the 10 "b-sides" will be released on a physical disc after all of the songs have been released individually. As I recall, the folks who bought each song will automatically receive the physical CD at the end. That's the last I heard anyway; things could have changed since then.

pokefan_4
White Knuckled

Post by pokefan_4 »

abw1987 wrote:
I'm pretty sure the 10 "b-sides" will be released on a physical disc after all of the songs have been released individually. As I recall, the folks who bought each song will automatically receive the physical CD at the end. That's the last I heard anyway; things could have changed since then.

How is that possible? Are they going to track all iTunes sales or something? Or do you mean if you buy it off of Fret12? I just don't see that happening.

I'd just release the first 10 songs..... wait a month or two, then release the 2nd 10. Sort of like Stone Sour did with their newest stuff and Five Finger did....

drod1985
Brand New Start

Post by drod1985 »

I have a feeling something like this will happen. Two separate albums of 10 songs. That's probably the best for revenue anyways.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

pokefan_4 wrote:
abw1987 wrote:

How is that possible? Are they going to track all iTunes sales or something? Or do you mean if you buy it off of Fret12? I just don't see that happening.
I imagine this would only work for purchases made through Fret 12. Makes sense because it allows more money to reach the band, rather than having to pay a retailer. This would also enable Fret 12 to create micro-packages, for example if they were to include a video clip with each song sale, and charge an extra couple bucks. I remember hearing that idea thrown around, but who knows what will end up happening.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

abw1987 wrote: As I recall, the folks who bought each song will automatically receive the physical CD at the end.
Someone threw that idea around in this thread but I don't think we've heard that officially, have we?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They could have a deal where you pay the full price for all 10 songs up front, get the downloads automatically as they come in, and have the CD sent to you at the end.

Then they could also sell the singles individually through iTunes or whatever.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Not sure. I've heard Mark mention a few different ideas in interviews, and Tim has discussed a few of them here and on Facebook, but I don't think we've ever heard a concrete plan.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

it'll likely be like it was for Gone and All That I Got, except we won't have to wait as long and it'll be more songs. then a possible physical release after they're all out.
Photobucket cash grab.

Abs0luteZer0
Brand New Start

Post by Abs0luteZer0 »

According to Mark's Twitter page we should expect a new sneak peek Monday!!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yay!!
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

He also said they're looking at April 1 for the first single.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Abs0luteZer0 wrote:According to Mark's Twitter page we should expect a new sneak peek Monday!!
He said he thinks they might; he didn't 100% confirm there will be. So for now no hopes up for me.
Andy92 wrote:He also said they're looking at April 1 for the first single.
C'mon! That's got to be the worst April fools joke ever.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Haha I hadn't though about that, but that's what he said.