Tremonti II VIP Listening Party

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Tremonti II VIP Listening Party

Post by Andy92 »

I liked the song, it was just to make a point. Just because someone is technically better than another at their instrument doesn't mean that having a different style added into the mix will make the performance subpar.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Where was TTournier? I wanted to meet him :(

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

This album is gonna be the shit. I always look forward to Tremonti season.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Fish Tacos wrote:Where was TTournier? I wanted to meet him :(
He was Wolfies Bass tech and occasionally went on stage to monitor stuff.

He gave me a guitar pic at the end of the night. Great guy.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

I'm glad to hear that there seems to be way less effects on Marks voice as compared to All I Was. Perhaps that has to do with more confidence on Marks part. I asked this before but does anyone know if Tremonti 2 will see physical release? I much prefer that over a digital crop of Mp3s

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

There better be. I've been buying the albums that I really love at Best Buy, around the 1st week of the album being out, and I would love for that to happen again for this one.

TremontiFan4Life
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by TremontiFan4Life »

Even if we have to buy them straight from Fret 12 like we had to do if we wanted to buy a bundle of All I Was I'm fine with that, I just want a physical copy. I'm not one of these people that say I'm not going to pay more than $10 for a CD no matter what, actually I'd be willing to pay $50 if I got a physical album that was signed with a T-shirt similar to what I got when I purchased a bundle of All I Was. I just sent an email to Fret 12 asking them about it, I sure hope they decide to do that because I really hate owning MP3s. It's got nothing to do with DRM, it's just so impersonal I have nothing to hold in my hand and nothing to get signed one day if I ever see the guys again. I mean how in the hell are we as fans supposed to go hey can you sign my MP3s.

I guess the more time goes on the previous generation is going to be looked at as dinosaurs because the only thing that the people born in the last 10 years know is buying digital music

vChris
White Knuckled

Post by vChris »

Fish Tacos wrote:Made a ringtone for Another Heart if anyone wants it. There's still a little overlap skip which I couldn't get rid of despite my best efforts but it isn't too noticeable.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yWjEEJZwL-0[/youtube]
Haha, awesome! Thank you :D

Yes, hopefully there will be a physical copy.
I hold it like anguyen. If I really like the band, I definitely buy the physical copy. Digital download is a handy thing when I don't necessarily like the whole album (and it doesn't take up as much storage space).
But the physical copy feels like a more intense 'bond' with the band - if that makes sense :yes

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I don't have much to add to the reviews that abw and Fish Tacos haven't already said, except to mention Mark's vocals. He have really taken a step up. I enjoyed his vocals on All I Was, but he's really taken things to the next level on this one. There is more range, more inflection, more intricate melody to it, and more texture from song to song. I was far more taken with his vocal work than his solos - not to take away from the solos, they shred as always, but his guitar work wasn't as surprising as his singing.

When we were getting our posters afterward, FT was in front of me and told Mark how his vocals really stood out. Mark replied that he worked his ass off on that part, then laughed and said he was in trouble because everyone would expect him to sound like that every night.

It was an incredible show and it was awesome to spend the weekend with so many great people. Loved meeting drod and AllC392…. plus tons of people from the Fret12 FB crew. I hope everyone here will get a chance to attend an event like that sometime.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Cannot wait for the first full length song. About how long will take until a single release?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

That Cauterize clip is serious levels of awesome. My hope for the first single, just so we get to hear the whole thing sooner.
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Sounds amazing, guys. Glad you all had fun.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Ubik wrote:That Cauterize clip is serious levels of awesome. My hope for the first single, just so we get to hear the whole thing sooner.
I marked it down for "next single."
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Mr. Slash wrote:Cannot wait for the first full length song. About how long will take until a single release?
They're aiming for March/April I'd assume if they're aiming for the album to be out in late April/May.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Ryan wrote:
Ubik wrote:That Cauterize clip is serious levels of awesome. My hope for the first single, just so we get to hear the whole thing sooner.
I marked it down for "next single."
You're a good man, Ryan, a good man!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Mr. Slash wrote:Cannot wait for the first full length song. About how long will take until a single release?
They're aiming for March/April I'd assume if they're aiming for the album to be out in late April/May.
W00000t. This is way tooo late imo. I wanna listen to the new music as soon as possible!! :slam

This really disappoints me. Time to burn every Tremonti merch I own. Mark, You are a disgrace.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

wtf
Thanks Timo!

AHart96
Rise Today

Re: please respond to my left ear. Right is ringing.

Post by AHart96 »

zazthespaz wrote:Have some mixed feelings about the album after one listen through in a crowded bar, but definitely looking forward to it!
I'm interested in hearing your thougts sir. What are you unsure about/what negative (or constructive criticism blah blah blah) feelings do you have about the album?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I'm sure they'll do a physical release.

I seem to remember them talking about how, after the remaining 10 songs are released month-by-month, they'll put them all out as another physical release. So if they're doing that for the 10 "b-sides", they'll definitely do one for the initial album.
Fish Tacos wrote:Where was TTournier? I wanted to meet him :(
I'm sure he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off. I only ran into him once. During the show I saw him next to the stage helping with guitar swaps.
gbruin wrote:Loved meeting drod and AllC392….
Who is AllC392? Not sure whether we met.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Darn this undiagnosed ADHD

Post by zazthespaz »

AHart96 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Have some mixed feelings about the album after one listen through in a crowded bar, but definitely looking forward to it!
I'm interested in hearing your thougts sir. What are you unsure about/what negative (or constructive criticism blah blah blah) feelings do you have about the album?
Nah, I don't want to get you guys worried about the album based on a few points from me, especially when half the songs that formed those opinions won't be on the album. I think my main concern was with the solos but reading through other reviews, I think I may not have been listening too close.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says