Tremonti Comes Alive!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
TTournier
White Knuckled

Re: Tremonti Comes Alive!

Post by TTournier »

we will be playing the full record and i believe the extra 8 tunes - then the guys will play - we say an hour but I think it will go way longer then that. this is the first live performance of the new tunes... you know how it is.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Didn't go to the first Tremonti listening party so I don't know how it goes but will we all be sitting down somewhere listening to the new songs and chilling or is this going to be everyones at a bar getting wasted while its playing over the speakers?

Would like to know how one of these things go!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

AllC392Was wrote:Didn't go to the first Tremonti listening party so I don't know how it goes but will we all be sitting down somewhere listening to the new songs and chilling or is this going to be everyones at a bar getting wasted while its playing over the speakers?

Would like to know how one of these things go!
The first listening party was all of us up in kind of a loft space, sitting down in a grid of chairs. In front of us was a guy playing back each track individually in Pro Tools through a pair of studio monitors. The band stood in the back corner of the room, enjoying light lagers and Jack & Cokes, watching the crowd's reaction to the music.

Throughout the process, we got to rate each song, effectively crowd-sourcing the first single decision. (Speaking of, I'd love to hear from Tim what the results of that were, and whether our choice ultimately ended up being the lead single.)

I did a write-up of the whole thing here: http://thealterbridgenation.com/forumsa ... 20&t=30298

Sounds like the TII listening party will be a bit different though, especially given that the band will actually be performing live.
The archived forums a throwing a bunch of errors after our web host upgraded the version of our mysql database, but you can still read the text.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

HEY HEY!!

The folks wanted So you're afraid - which was also my choice but Mark loved ywyt.

Wish You well was also the 2nd fan pick. :)

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

When will we get an update on the Listening Party Tim?

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

TTournier wrote:The folks wanted So you're afraid - which was also my choice but Mark loved ywyt.

Wish You well was also the 2nd fan pick. :)
Nice! Thanks for the answer.

SYA would probably have been a comparable choice to YWYT in terms of heaviness, hook, etc. WYW was obviously DOA in terms of airplay, but I think it sent the right message of no compromises, we'll release whatever the fuck we want. :rockon

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Soon duder - just waiting for a signed contract to come back with the venue but Ill only be telling the folks whom have tickets... its going to be a pretty epic night but we have to be rather conservative on what info we give out as we don't want walk ups.

With the holiday - i am hoping to have everything next week.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Just waiting on that info to start looking for a hotel. :) Happy Thanksgiving Tim!
Photobucket cash grab.

prslover
TABN.com Citizen

Post by prslover »

I really want to go to this. I'm in Tampa. 250 is a lot but theres no doubt It would be worth every penny. I'll probably have to bring a girl so it will cost me a car payment.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Finally purchased the studio performances a few days ago...holy shit, it was worth every penny. Mark & Co. sound PHENOMINAL and the production value is top notch, amazing. I wish AB would've done/will do this for their next album. A few notes:

• Pretty bummed Brains, New Way Out, and Decay didn't make the cut, 2 of the 3 are in my top five from the album. Would've been cool to have the B-sides in there too, especially Gone
•I have a completely new level of respect for the title track. Seeing the guitar work up close like that blew my mind, this song is a beast. And holy shit, Mark nailed that high note at the end. Might be my new favorite from the record.
•Might be selfish of me, but I NEED to get a S&S DVD or tab book w/ B-sides (or both) from this album AND the new album as soon as possible.
•I also really want to see something like this with the new album
•Tim, thanks for all that you and Fret 12 do and PLEASE try to make some of this stuff happen

Needless to say, I have Tremonti fever and I CANNOT wait to hear the new album and see everything that goes along with it. 2015 will be the Year of Tremonti
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

AHart96 wrote:Pretty bummed Brains, New Way Out, and Decay didn't make the cut, 2 of the 3 are in my top five from the album
This truly is a shame. The other songs are performed so well, it just makes the absence of these 3 songs hurt that much more! I hope they see the light of day at some point.

I do have hope because Mark originally didn't want to release any more of the videos (beyond WYWT and SYA, which had already been released). Somehow he was convinced to change his mind (perhaps we have Tim to thank for that?), so maybe he'll change his mind on the other 3 as well.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

I don't see Mark changing his mind on this stuff - i had to work magic to get these out.

These where not going to come out at all - I had to keep going at it to get them released

Micky
On The Rail

Re: TIM TO THE RESCUE

Post by Micky »

Any particular reason he didnt want those 3 out as opposed to any others?

I think releasing all of them would probably be better for the band.
Thanks Andy!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

TTournier wrote:I don't see Mark changing his mind on this stuff - i had to work magic to get these out.

These where not going to come out at all - I had to keep going at it to get them released
Ha! Well at least I can stop holding my breath.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

-"Hey Mark, wanna make a some high quality live recordings of our rehearsals?"
-"Sure, why not."
-"So how are you planning to release them? All at once or one after another in monthly intervals?"
-"What? Releasing? Are You crazy? Okay, we may be releasing one song. The rest will be stored in the rearmost corner of my archives, right behind the Ghost Of Days Gone By version that Myles, Scott and Brian did not like. Oh, but we will tell the community that we have played the whole album so that I could release them all, if I wanted to. I'm sure that'll make them happy."

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

This isn't a knock or anything but I probably would have bought them if I could hear the pro-shot to Brains. That riff is still my favorite from Mark, and the lick ERock lays on top of it is awesome.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Not to be a pussy but will there be earplugs offered or should I bring some? For the Fortress premier concert at the HOB, I had ringing in my ears for an hour after the concert.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Definitely bring some earplugs. They will help. When I saw AB, I made the mistake of taking them off, because I thought I couldn't hear the crowd with them on. The result ended with me hearing helium voices from Mark and Myles in between songs and that's something I do not want, next time I see either them or Slash or Tremonti solo band.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Fish Tacos wrote:Not to be a pussy but will there be earplugs offered or should I bring some? For the Fortress premier concert at the HOB, I had ringing in my ears for an hour after the concert.
only an hour? i had it for 2 fucking days! haha!
Photobucket cash grab.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Yes, bring earplugs! It's a small venue, and these guys play LOUD.

I was right in front of Brian during that first Tremonti show at The Social (along with Ryan, Cam, and Greg). I had never felt such thunder before. Had I not brought earplugs, I'm sure my hearing would've incurred some damage.