So whatever happend to that live in studio dvd?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Re: So whatever happend to that live in studio dvd?

Post by Mr. Slash »

AllC392Was wrote:Don't you mean.. slash... Your arms out?...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ That picture always cheers me up. Anywho, TTournier, all of this sounds great and, hopefully, everything will go well and be handled with great quality and professionalism.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Really needed that picture :)

Fret12 won't fuck it up like DC3, they seem like a damn good group.

By the way, Tim, how does one start working at Fret12? Is it about connections or do some people randomly get hired?

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I am buying a couple of those if you release them Tim
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

TTournier wrote:
Ryan wrote:Hoping to see that video you guys had planned where you had us send in pics of our travels to see the first Tremonti show and all that.
Yea man - I have every shown...ever - pro shot. We had Brueckmann with us at every show - he did the filming. We have the first rehearsal... the plan is to get more and more and more footage then do one end all be all release.

Think about how cool that would be! its the full story - all the dirt, touring, radio, sitting in airports, dealing with crazy people, meeting cool people... it would be pretty cool i think. Fingers cross - Ill keep on fighting for it.

it wont be months from now it will be at least a year or two
Would LOVE that!!
Photobucket cash grab.

ABFan34
Bought The CDs

Post by ABFan34 »

TTournier wrote:
Ryan wrote:Hoping to see that video you guys had planned where you had us send in pics of our travels to see the first Tremonti show and all that.
Yea man - I have every shown...ever - pro shot. We had Brueckmann with us at every show - he did the filming. We have the first rehearsal... the plan is to get more and more and more footage then do one end all be all release.

Think about how cool that would be! its the full story - all the dirt, touring, radio, sitting in airports, dealing with crazy people, meeting cool people... it would be pretty cool i think. Fingers cross - Ill keep on fighting for it.

I want.

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

TTournier wrote:

Dude... Why are you doing so many amazing things?! Crazy...

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Hey Hey! sorry its been a few!

I want it to be something epic.. the long story. I don't want to do one every year - now the big/full story.. thats pretty cool.

I want to get away from the high price points as well... I think $30 is all a fan should have to pay for these kinds of products and even though its in my best interest to charge more - its lame.

Fret12 only hires now and then... people don't tend to leave :)

As of now we are a small team/ production crew. Anyone who has a strong film background or background in the music business can apply. :)

Tim@fret12.com

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

$30 bucks is more than sound to me. I will buy it guarantee whenever this comes out. Thanks for these news man.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

TTournier wrote:Hey Hey! sorry its been a few!

I want it to be something epic.. the long story. I don't want to do one every year - now the big/full story.. thats pretty cool.

I want to get away from the high price points as well... I think $30 is all a fan should have to pay for these kinds of products and even though its in my best interest to charge more - its lame.

Fret12 only hires now and then... people don't tend to leave :)

As of now we are a small team/ production crew. Anyone who has a strong film background or background in the music business can apply. :)

Tim@fret12.com

Any update on the song "Gone"?

The DIsposable Hero
Bought The CDs

Post by The DIsposable Hero »

Also when are we gonna get a tab book for All I Was and the b-sides? Or would it be another Sound and the Story type of affair?
Hey there, I'm the guy who started the Mark Tremonti Tuning Master List. Check it out!

Dakota C. (The Disposable Hero)

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Gone will be here when its meant to be.. I know people want it but as i said before its going back and forth - they might want it for the second record... might put it out before... no one knows. We tried to put it out but had some red tape and now it sits in limbo for a while.

The all i was tab book is done - was gone over a few times but isn't going tot come out - we are going to do one big tremonti dvd i think... covering everything. do it once - do it right. know what i mean!

JustinVaughnTaylor
Brand New Start

Post by JustinVaughnTaylor »

Eh, I would rather have the tab book now, seems like a waste of man hours to do it then not release it IMO. Then just release the DVD later. Makes a lot more business sense and would please the fans more. Otherwise, the fans get bored over time and the excitement of the first album wears off... hence there will be fewer tab/dvd sells in the future than there would have been if it would've been done the typical way. Not to mention all the other delays that the fans have dealt with, having something on time and the way its expected would go a long way to pleasing them.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TTournier wrote:

Oh, I would love this so much that it already feels like a year or two since this post. Does that count?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Like Chaz in Wedding Crashers said about the meatloaf, I say about the live in studio dvd and all things Tremonti: "WE WANT IT NOW"
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

JustinVaughnTaylor wrote:Eh, I would rather have the tab book now, seems like a waste of man hours to do it then not release it IMO. Then just release the DVD later. Makes a lot more business sense and would please the fans more. Otherwise, the fans get bored over time and the excitement of the first album wears off... hence there will be fewer tab/dvd sells in the future than there would have been if it would've been done the typical way. Not to mention all the other delays that the fans have dealt with, having something on time and the way its expected would go a long way to pleasing them.

Im not sure if you are referring to Fret12 in this post but Fret12 has never been late on a deadline. ever.

in my business I can say for a fact - building anticipation is always the most lucrative thing to do. The old model in music doesn't work and the facts are you sell less units when releasing a tab book around an album because its view as a supplementary item... it sells when it can be a tent pole event/product and with that you need to have the content to go with it.

Im sorry the fans have had to deal with some delays but that has nothing to do with Fret12 product(s) or company - You have to remember something... there is a flip side to having folks in the camp being so open with info and thats sometimes you'll have to wait to get a product that you know was filmed 2 years ago...

So as always, I listen to what the fans want and I fight for it - so here is the question, would you rather wait for something thats a larger product or get things parted out sooner?

Ill let you guys pick.. if you want it now - Ill talk to the man and see what I can do.

let me know folks!

Timmy

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TTournier wrote:
JustinVaughnTaylor wrote:Eh, I would rather have the tab book now, seems like a waste of man hours to do it then not release it IMO. Then just release the DVD later. Makes a lot more business sense and would please the fans more. Otherwise, the fans get bored over time and the excitement of the first album wears off... hence there will be fewer tab/dvd sells in the future than there would have been if it would've been done the typical way. Not to mention all the other delays that the fans have dealt with, having something on time and the way its expected would go a long way to pleasing them.

Im not sure if you are referring to Fret12 in this post but Fret12 has never been late on a deadline. ever.

in my business I can say for a fact - building anticipation is always the most lucrative thing to do. The old model in music doesn't work and the facts are you sell less units when releasing a tab book around an album because its view as a supplementary item... it sells when it can be a tent pole event/product and with that you need to have the content to go with it.

Im sorry the fans have had to deal with some delays but that has nothing to do with Fret12 product(s) or company - You have to remember something... there is a flip side to having folks in the camp being so open with info and thats sometimes you'll have to wait to get a product that you know was filmed 2 years ago...

So as always, I listen to what the fans want and I fight for it - so here is the question, would you rather wait for something thats a larger product or get things parted out sooner?

Ill let you guys pick.. if you want it now - Ill talk to the man and see what I can do.

let me know folks!

Timmy
Thanks for the update Tim, always great to hear from you!

Do you think you could go into a little more detail about what would specifically be released if we chose the short term option or decided to wait it out? Hearing both sides would probably make my choice easier.

Thanks for all you do, absolutely love Fret 12!
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

If we're talking live DVD or that live performance from the studio place, I would love to have either. From a fans perspective, it would be cool to hold us off til T2. But at the same time, it depends on what our options are like hart said.
Thanks Timo!

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

I described what i was wanting to do in an early post - its like a full doc on the band... and everything that happened..

we have so much footage and with the band changing and growing from record one - record two is what it would be.

I mean... we already told the story of the first record.. but hey - I'm open

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

TTournier wrote:I described what i was wanting to do in an early post - its like a full doc on the band... and everything that happened..

we have so much footage and with the band changing and growing from record one - record two is what it would be.

I mean... we already told the story of the first record.. but hey - I'm open
I gotcha Tim, that's something I don't mind waiting for to go along with a larger project, I agree with you that it would be much better as a larger release. I was originally thinking/asking about tab book(s)/Sound and Story type things for the records. Anything on that front?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!