Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Another Tremonti Album??? Really ???

Post by austinjhnsn »

Scott probably couldnt make anything better than All I Was if he wanted to. Thats why he got so many songwriters to help. 15 people is bonkers. Tremonti is his own unit, just a simple 4 piece band, and one producer collaborating, instead a bunch of label hired writers coming in and making it less of Scotts album, and just the labels work of art.

IMO

TL;DR : I agree with Dando, 1 Tremonti was better than the 15 writers plus Stapp.
Thanks Timo!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

@Dan Dando : well, good for you if you enjoy All I Was, but for me, Crash is better than anything Tremonti related in the last 6 or 7 years.
He may not be the best singer, but he makes you listen to his words.
Tremonti used to be an amazing soulful guitar player, but the older the gets, the more generic and boring he gets (just my opinion). Sure, he's a more technical guitar player than he used to be, but he lost the ability to create a simple and memorable melody. And as a singer, I think he just doesn't have what it takes : he has no stage presence whatsoever as a frontman, and he can't easily entertain a crowd. It's a natural gift, and he doesn't have it.

Don't mistake me, I'm not a huge Proof of Life fan either. It's just a decent record, and I almost never listen to it, but it still sounds very honest, and that's something I've always loved about Stapp's work.
And to clarify things about the "most personal record" statement he made a few months ago, here is what he had to say in his most recent interview
this album is more concise and to the point. There is less metaphor, analogy, less allegory, less poetry although it’s still there. It is as straight forward for me as I can make it without painting pictures around specific feelings. From that standpoint, I would say Proof of Life is the most clearly articulate of all the complete honest records that I have ever done.
http://www.ontourmonthly.com/exclusive- ... o-critics/
Dan Dando wrote:Where as with Proof of Life - 15 credited songwriters and 8 years since The Great Divide and THAT is the best Scott could come up with?!
He ditched all his 2006-2012 songs, because they didn't represent him anymore.
He started writing new songs in January 2013, and finished the last session around August 2013. So that means the record was created in 8 months.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Well... okay - you have your opinions on this and so do I. Neither of us are probably going to convince the other of much. So... truce? :)

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Truce ;)

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Ugh....

Someone... for the love of god... Post the photo of me flipping the bird.

XOXO
Timmy

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I can't wait for Tremonti 2. All I Was is a great workout/running record. Hoping to see them live w/o having to drive 9 hours round trip too.

I was just looking at the white board for AB III the other day and realized "Doesn't Matter" was on the arranged section. I guess they were seriously considering it for the record. I would love to hear that song (assuming it's close to the arrangement on AIW) with Myles on vocals.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Violent Corpse
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Violent Corpse »

jripper420 wrote:I love Tremonti's ability to play in Creed as well as Alter Bridge. I really didn't care for the Tremonti CD that came out last. Why is he set on singing when he really can't? I mean every song on the last Tremonti CD sounded cool musically but lets be honest, every song was autotuned and distorted so his voice sounded average. I don't understand his obsession with it. Had he hired another singer or brought in another vocalist from another band it would have been better. Alter Bridge and Creed are great with lyrics, Guitar and Vocals..Tremonti, not so much. If mark really wanted a challenge he'd work on writing a real creed CD instead of wasting time and effort on a CD that will only sell about 30,000 copies..Its a complete waste of his talents. Fortress was amazing, but unlike Tremonti Myles made the album with his vocals. If Mark put the same effort into creed as he did his own band that'd be a start..Also, enough with the Wolfgang Van Halen thing. Hes not his father and really has no business being in his band. Its just corny IMO...That is all....

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Violent Corpse wrote:
jripper420 wrote:I love Tremonti's ability to play in Creed as well as Alter Bridge. I really didn't care for the Tremonti CD that came out last. Why is he set on singing when he really can't? I mean every song on the last Tremonti CD sounded cool musically but lets be honest, every song was autotuned and distorted so his voice sounded average. I don't understand his obsession with it. Had he hired another singer or brought in another vocalist from another band it would have been better. Alter Bridge and Creed are great with lyrics, Guitar and Vocals..Tremonti, not so much. If mark really wanted a challenge he'd work on writing a real creed CD instead of wasting time and effort on a CD that will only sell about 30,000 copies..Its a complete waste of his talents. Fortress was amazing, but unlike Tremonti Myles made the album with his vocals. If Mark put the same effort into creed as he did his own band that'd be a start..Also, enough with the Wolfgang Van Halen thing. Hes not his father and really has no business being in his band. Its just corny IMO...That is all....
Hahaha, that's amazing.

btw. Wat is dis thread? :headscratch

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

I've just rediscovered this thread and despite the whole rant - Cauterize is a pretty solid record, and I must admit that I was sort of sceptic after AIW and the release of Another Heart as a single but the rest of the album shows that this project is still capable of releasing solid stuff.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

TTournier wrote:Ugh....

Someone... for the love of god... Post the photo of me flipping the bird.

XOXO
Timmy
:lol this was a great thread.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I can't believe I actually put "The bear has awoken now" in a heading and I still made a comment regarding "In before some sort of comment about getting my head out of my ass or something like that." This is what I mean by still being resentful over mundane things. What was the heck was I on that day?