Tremonti 2 Writing/Recording Sessions

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Tremonti 2 Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by AllC392Was »

So Alter Bridge took December and January off for personal family time… Oh wait, never mind.

While Myles is out doing his own thing and Scott and Brian are actually spending some time with there family, Mark Tremonti is in the process of writing his 2nd solo album. Tremonti doesn't share a whole lot of information regarding his Solo stuff but hopefully we can get some inside information and discuss it here!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Tremonti 2 Writing/Recording Sessions

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AIW came out in July 2012; So would Tremonti 2 come out in 2014 or 2015? Every two years would be nice to help deal with the 3 year AB gap.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:AIW came out in July 2012; So would Tremonti 2 come out in 2014 or 2015? Every two years would be nice to help deal with the 3 year AB gap.
I can see it being released this summer. Similar time frame as the last record. And now that I'm only 6 hours away from Orlando any listening party that might happen means that I'll be there
Last edited by AllC392Was on Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AllC392Was wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:AIW came out in July 2012; So would Tremonti 2 come out in 2014 or 2015? Every two years would be nice to help deal with the 3 year AB gap.
I can it being released this summer. Similar time frame as the last record. And now that I'm only 6 hours away from Orlando any listening party that might happen means that I'll be there
Cool! can't wait to :headbang to it.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Its really early to have a release date but form the way its sounding - it will be well worth the wait.

Writing starts in Dec. from there we have to work out recording - single - Radio - Release - Tour - in that order.

Im pushing for another headlining tour to start and then get on a big tour as Direct Support.

were planing around the AB tour thats coming up as its AB's time. :)

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

TTournier wrote:Its really early to have a release date but form the way its sounding - it will be well worth the wait.

Writing starts in Dec. from there we have to work out recording - single - Radio - Release - Tour - in that order.

Im pushing for another headlining tour to start and then get on a big tour as Direct Support.

way its sounding? So you have heard some of the material already?

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

TTournier wrote:Its really early to have a release date but form the way its sounding - it will be well worth the wait.

Thanks again for the info, Tim. Can't wait for Tremonti 2!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

good to hear! thanks tim. excited for this one.
Thanks Timo!

Ariana
Bought The CDs

Post by Ariana »

Thanks, Tim! Really looking forward to this one!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

So if, hypothetically, Tremonti is on an every two year basis for a release, Slash is on an every two year basis as well, and AB is on an every three year basis, then all three are set to release an album in 2016...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oyyy, if that's the case, Mark, Myles, and Elvis' heads may explode at the workload that they've got going in those forms when the time comes.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I'm curious as to how this is going to work with Slash and Tremonti working with Elvis at around the same time.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Me too. It could be interesting.
Thanks Timo!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I don't mind that Slash is recording with Elvis but I always liked the fact that Slash and AB were so apart in music and production. Brings them closer together being good or bad. (Also congrats to Elvis)

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I think Myles and Elvis are smart enough to not make this sound like AB. plus, the two main guitarists in each act are VERY different, stylistically.
Thanks Timo!

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

elvis is the best - worry not his sonics kill everyone else. AB is Ab and slash is slash - the tunes are different spaces in my eyes!

I have heard a lot of tunes - i dont know whats going to land where but some of the stuff he said was tremonti stuff and it was sick!

I know there are some aces up his sleeve on this one and he is planing on doing some really cool stuff with and around the record.

just got to wait and see.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: And they'll all be named wrong.

Post by zazthespaz »

AllC392Was wrote:
I can see it being released this summer. Similar time frame as the last record. And now that I'm only 6 hours away from Orlando any listening party that might happen means that I'll be there
The first listening party was in Chicago so.... :shifty
AB4Lyfe wrote:So if, hypothetically, Tremonti is on an every two year basis for a release, Slash is on an every two year basis as well, and AB is on an every three year basis, then all three are set to release an album in 2016...
They're just going to merge it into one album. Myles' solo album will be the bonus tracks.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: And they'll all be named wrong.

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:So if, hypothetically, Tremonti is on an every two year basis for a release, Slash is on an every two year basis as well, and AB is on an every three year basis, then all three are set to release an album in 2016...
They're just going to merge it into one album. Myles' solo album will be the bonus tracks.
....I'm ok with that. :rockon

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TTournier wrote:elvis is the best - worry not his sonics kill everyone else. AB is Ab and slash is slash - the tunes are different spaces in my eyes!

I have heard a lot of tunes - i dont know whats going to land where but some of the stuff he said was tremonti stuff and it was sick!

I know there are some aces up his sleeve on this one and he is planing on doing some really cool stuff with and around the record.

just got to wait and see.
Tremonti II - Featuring the Vuvuzela Quarter

Heard it here first!

Joking aside I'm looking forward to hearing what new stuff he has up his sleeve. His riffs keep getting better and better.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Thanks for the information, Tim! Can not wait!
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019