New album coming sooner than expected?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: New album coming sooner than expected?

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Not a huge fan of AIW. But Fortress came out so damn good that I'm now interested to see where he goes next. I think he's in a new mindset after Fortress, especially with how well it was received. Hopefully we'll see something a bit more edgy second time around.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:Not a huge fan of AIW. But Fortress came out so damn good that I'm now interested to see where he goes next. I think he's in a new mindset after Fortress, especially with how well it was received. Hopefully we'll see something a bit more edgy second time around.
Something I had said earlier where I would love to see some of his signature melodic finger picking along with heavy "edgy" riffs. I think thats where he will shine the most.. But he does have to play lead guitar live making it extremely tough

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AllC392Was wrote:
psycosquirrel789 wrote:Not a huge fan of AIW. But Fortress came out so damn good that I'm now interested to see where he goes next. I think he's in a new mindset after Fortress, especially with how well it was received. Hopefully we'll see something a bit more edgy second time around.
Something I had said earlier where I would love to see some of his signature melodic finger picking along with heavy "edgy" riffs. I think thats where he will shine the most.. But he does have to play lead guitar live making it extremely tough
He needs an uber-talented second guitarist in the band (no offence to Eric) which he... ironically... has in Alter Bridge :lol

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Dan Dando wrote:
AllC392Was wrote:
He needs an uber-talented second guitarist in the band (no offence to Eric) which he... ironically... has in Alter Bridge :lol
I really haven't seen much of Erocks work besides some fan made videos at concerts but I think he can hold his own.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

AllC392Was wrote:I really haven't seen much of Erocks work besides some fan made videos at concerts but I think he can hold his own.
Sure he can. I hope it didn't sound like I was putting him down... but it's just... he's obviously some way off Mark and Myles' level, thats all.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Looking more forward to this than really anything else. All I Was is my favorite album ever. Doubt he can make another solo album as good though. I just thought All I Was is perfect.

Decay

Post by Decay »

I think 'All I Was' was awesome, but he played it safe. I hope with this new album he gets to experiment more, now that Wolfie's in the band, plus all four of them will be writing this time as well. I hope it's harder and meaner, but still melodic. :D :rockon

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Next to Fortress All I Was is my second favorite album coming from Mark.. But everything else that he has done is awesome to :)

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

I thinkErock is more of a grungy guitarist, while Trem has a distinquished metal vibe as of lately.

Love Erock, love AIW, I want a sequel!
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

I see Erock in more the the jazzier side of things.. Garret the the grungy one to me

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Must not have listened to any Daughters of Mara.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Andy92 wrote:Must not have listened to any Daughters of Mara.
nope lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Haha Erock was in that band for a little bit. Pretty heavy music.

GazEd
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by GazEd »

Andy92 wrote:Daughters of Mara.
:eek

Whoa
I saw lation
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013
Helsingin Jäähalli, Helsinki, 14 November 2019

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

I thought AIW was a great album but I think he did play it safe and some of the songs sounded the same. The majority of the riffs from that album were probably left over from AB writing sessions. Hopefully the other guys in the band will get more of an input with writing this time around. Hopefully it will be heavier too although I hope he does a softer song like "New Way Out" which was my favorite from AIW. He should be more confident this time all around.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Man I've been watching "The Story From the Road" and I am so psyched to see this band back together making some new music! Honestly I fucking love Tremonti as a lead vocalist and I love how Fret12 promotes these guys

Johnny Biesel
Brand New Start

Post by Johnny Biesel »

Beat me to it. Erock is a very versatile guitarist. If anything i think HE played it safe on All I Was. I think it was more to showcase Marks abilities as a frontman, and to put out the songs he so badly wanted people to hear. Mark said in an interview that he liked having guys like Wolfie, Erock and Garrett in the band, who are into bands like tesseract and periphery, and said he wants the next album to be even heavier. I think we'll definitely see more Erock / Mark collaboration on this album for sure. Itll be a monster.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Johnny Biesel wrote:
Beat me to it. Erock is a very versatile guitarist. If anything i think HE played it safe on All I Was. I think it was more to showcase Marks abilities as a frontman, and to put out the songs he so badly wanted people to hear. Mark said in an interview that he liked having guys like Wolfie, Erock and Garrett in the band, who are into bands like tesseract and periphery, and said he wants the next album to be even heavier. I think we'll definitely see more Erock / Mark collaboration on this album for sure. Itll be a monster.
Spot on post. And welcome to the site!

(You might've been a member before we switched to the new site though, so if that's the case welcome back! haha)

Johnny Biesel
Brand New Start

Post by Johnny Biesel »

Andy92 wrote:
Johnny Biesel wrote:
Spot on post. And welcome to the site!

(You might've been a member before we switched to the new site though, so if that's the case welcome back! haha)
Haha yea man i was a member wayyyy back. Used to be rockgod1313, but thank you for the welcome nonetheless!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

The sooner a new Tremonti record, the better. AIW was filled with great tracks. Not a single bad one, IMO. Would really like to hear a studio recording of Gone, though.