Should ERock get a solo?

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/

Should ERock get a solo on the next record?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Yes
80%
No
20%

Total votes: 25

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Should ERock get a solo?

Post by Andy92 »

austin. wrote:Why on earth would anyone waste space with Eric doing a solo when we got a top 5 in the world guitar player as frontman/guitar?
Anything Erock can do, Mark can do it ten times better. i like erock too, hes a really cool and humble guy in person. just wouldn't make much sense other than Mark being nice.
This logic doesn't make too much sense to me although I know where you're coming from. But you could say the same for letting Mark sing in Alter Bridge. Why let him sing at all when you have Myles? Music isn't always about choosing the "better" talent. It's about choosing what fits the song the best.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Andy92 wrote:This logic doesn't make too much sense to me although I know where you're coming from. But you could say the same for letting Mark sing in Alter Bridge. Why let him sing at all when you have Myles? Music isn't always about choosing the "better" talent. It's about choosing what fits the song the best.
:yeahthat

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

I'm pretty sure if Erock comes up with a nice idea for a solo, Mark will let him do it. They don't have this kind of ego.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'm still sticking with my opinion that eRock isn't a metal lead player.. I'd like to imagine he'd get some more lead parts, or fills..

But actual main solo's...? When the band is called "TREMONTI"..? Not so sure, personally

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Jim wrote:I'm still sticking with my opinion that eRock isn't a metal lead player..
Yeah, but if we take a track like The Things I've Seen into consideration it is not a full-throtle metal song, so ERock's blues approach would fit there pretty nicely.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp