All That I Got Release Date and Review

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: All That I Got Release Date and Review

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Ah ok. I can see what you mean there. Good points.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Am I the only one to think Dave Grohl is over rated?

I don't mean he sucks... not at all. He writes great songs, but he's not head and shoulders above other acts like most people say.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

There's a difference between being unable to understand words due to a screaming style than there is being unable to understand them due to effects. White Limo sounds the same way live as it does in studio. All That I Got is more understandable live imo. Still a really good track, but I think that's where some are coming from regarding the effects.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I love the riff especially and it's a great song in general. Only two downers on it are the verse vocal effects and the backing "eee" vocals in the chorus, which irritate the shit out of me for some reason.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

:facepalm .. Why Tremonti?.... why? Thats all you gonna give us? one good riff here, one good riff there.. When are you gonna start writing great songs again?

Honest review anyone?: Pure plastic this song is... I hope none of this rubs off into the new AB record.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

By "honest review", do you actually mean a review that agrees with you?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Them Bones wrote::facepalm .. Why Tremonti?.... why? Thats all you gonna give us? one good riff here, one good riff there.. When are you gonna start writing great songs again?

Honest review anyone?: Pure plastic this song is... I hope none of this rubs off into the new AB record.
Oh look.. Them Bones is whining about something again..
Last edited by Timotheus on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

My "honest review":

I think the song is good. I don't care for the effects on the vocals myself, but they don't ruin the song for me. The chorus is catchy as hell and the breakdown is bad ass. I think it's screaming for a solo though, but again, doesn't ruin the song by not having one.

Hope we get Gone at some point too.
Photobucket cash grab.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote::facepalm .. Why Tremonti?.... why? Thats all you gonna give us? one good riff here, one good riff there.. When are you gonna start writing great songs again?
One good riff can give one good song, if it's that what you had on your mind.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

oh look Timotheus is ass licking as always...

So a personal opinion is whining now? By the way, the song sucks.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Them Bones wrote:oh look Timotheus is ass licking as always...

tissue?

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

? The thing here is, I don't have a problem with anyone of your opinions. You love the song? well great, I don't... so? If all of you've got so many problems with people stating their opinions here, rename the thread to: " All That I got Release Date and Strictly Positive Reviews" . Fuckin douches.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I do not want to get into this again, but.....

Well, I do not think it is your opinions that is the problem. I think the tone of your dislike of the song is really off-putting.

Here's how I might say it if I hated the song.

"Ehhh, this song is mehh to me. I mean, the main verses are very hard to hear what he is saying. Chorus could have used more work. I would have loved to hear a solo, but I am sure Tremonti does not want to have solos in every song, even though that is his main highlights. Probably too heavy for my taste."

Instead, you just rather go off on the usual and tiring "Tremonti has lost the ability to play guitar and hasn't played anything great since ODR" and that is really off-putting to hear and I've already had to put someone on the ignore because of that mentality and I really don't want to do that to another person.

Just to show, I am not playing favorites and being bias with my favorite musicians. I did not enjoy Apocalyptic Love as much as I anticipated when I heard of a Slash/Myles project. It was very different from I've heard singing-wise from Myles and I guess I was really expected something along the lines of Starlight, but only got that from one song which was Far and Away. Bad Rain is so damn corny to hear and sounds like it came out of one of those vampire movies (still sounds all right though live).

Side Note: Hmmm, speaking of Far and Away, just came on my Spotify playlist, cool.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

I think in general we need to cool it down a bit in here. Everybody has their opinion of the song - that's fine. But there's no need to say (in so many words) that someone else's review isn't worth anything or start throwing name-calling around. I'm not pointing any fingers, either. Just sayin'.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

anguyen92 wrote:I do not want to get into this again, but.....

Well, I do not think it is your opinions that is the problem. I think the tone of your dislike of the song is really off-putting.

Instead, you just rather go off on the usual and tiring "Tremonti has lost the ability to play guitar and hasn't played anything great since ODR" and that is really off-putting to hear and I've already had to put someone on the ignore because of that mentality and I really don't want to do that to another person.

Well, thats how I feel about it and I hope by expressing my opinion, Tremonti probably notices. Well, they say all the time fans are demanding this, fans are demanding that.. so... whats so wrong? its tiring for you to read it? well, dont.. and... don't you think the constant ass licking by fanboys be it AB/Creed/Stapp/Tremonti or whatever, is actually tiring?.. Same old shit " Oh, I like this riff here, thats all.. oh the, solo was great, thats all... Oh, I hope theres a 20 min song on the album" The fact is that a lot fanboys have a problem with people stating their opinions if they are even remotely negative.Nobody's saying Tremonti has lost the ability to play guitar, am stating my opinion which is very straightforward, Tremonti's songwriting abilities have been on a decline for a very long time imo and I hope it gets better. Well, Michaelangelo Batio is technically profound, but can you really appreciate his songwriting abilities? Playing guitar and writing a song are two different skills, you could be the best guitarist in the world, but just wouldnt know how to write a song. Tremonti,imo was writing brilliant songs, and I haven't heard something hair rasing from him in a very long time. .Infact what I find extremely off putting is how everyone here has come to appreciate the shit being put out by these guys.. For example: Projected.. Really? Majority of the people on this board agreed that ODR is ABs best album, and have come out to like a lotta songs by AB which sound pretty close to Tremonti's earlier work. Am just echoing that... how the fuck is that a problem? Get your heads outta your asses.
Last edited by Them Bones on Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Jaded Rescue wrote:I think in general we need to cool it down a bit in here. Everybody has their opinion of the song - that's fine. But there's no need to say (in so many words) that someone else's review isn't worth anything or start throwing name-calling around. I'm not pointing any fingers, either. Just sayin'.
Good to see there are some people with some sense on this board.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Them Bones wrote:oh look Timotheus is ass licking as always...

I've always supported people to express their negative opinions, because it gives interesting discusions and conversations. And I'm definitely not an ass licker. I've mentioned many times that I'm not a huge fan of All I Was and I've questioned Alter Bridge many times. The thing is, I'd rather express my opinion by stating decent arguments in stead of being offensive. The moment you see something you don't agree with you start attacking people and you're negative 3/4th of the time.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

Them Bones wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:I think in general we need to cool it down a bit in here. Everybody has their opinion of the song - that's fine. But there's no need to say (in so many words) that someone else's review isn't worth anything or start throwing name-calling around. I'm not pointing any fingers, either. Just sayin'.
Good to see there are some people with some sense on this board.
The name-calling comment goes both ways, just so you know.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Them Bones wrote:? The thing here is, I don't have a problem with anyone of your opinions. You love the song? well great, I don't... so? If all of you've got so many problems with people stating their opinions here, rename the thread to: " All That I got Release Date and Strictly Positive Reviews" . Fuckin douches.
It's more the way you said "honest review anyone?", implying other posters actually weren't being honest with their thoughts on it.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Listen buddy, this is the crap you need to cut out:
Them Bones wrote:Fuckin douches.
Them Bones wrote:Get your heads outta your asses.
It's not so much of an issue of you hating the music, but you can't go around cussing people out and insulting board members. There's no reason for it.