All That I Got Release Date and Review

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: All That I Got Release Date and Review

Post by Dolo »

Them Bones wrote: .Infact what I find extremely off putting is how everyone here has come to appreciate the shit being put out by these guys.. For example: Projected.. Really?
Yeah, I have to agree with this one. This band recorded horrible album (but ofc opinions are just opinions) but majority of people consider that material in light of Flip being involved in this project - AB member is up to something - it must be awesome. The truth is, maybe 1-2 songs are cool, but in overall, this record sounds muthafuckin plastic and overproduced. And unfortunately this is a direction that a lot of mainstream modern rock/metal bands go in nowadays.

Majority of the people on this board agreed that ODR is ABs best album, and have come out to like a lotta songs by AB which sound pretty close to Tremonti's earlier work. Am just echoing that... how the fuck is that a problem? Get your heads outta your asses.
What is the problem here? I don't consider ODR as their best effort. Am I deranged or something?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

mitch103 wrote:Listen buddy, this is the crap you need to cut out:
Them Bones wrote:Fuckin douches.
Them Bones wrote:Get your heads outta your asses.
It's not so much of an issue of you hating the music, but you can't go around cussing people out and insulting board members. There's no reason for it.
This, and you also can't say people live in a very confused, disoriented fashion, in a state of cognitive dissonance, when they have another opinion as you :lol this may seem like very convincing to you, but it's offending, and a bit awkward when the other person is obviously right.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Them Bones wrote: .Infact what I find extremely off putting is how everyone here has come to appreciate the shit being put out by these guys.?
We had this conversation before, and you seemed to really ignored my thoughts on that one and I also posted, yesterday, that I did not really liked Apocalyptic Love as much. Is saying something like being considered a sheep or any other negative names?

Don't you think the reason why we all love anything that came out of the AB camp because it is actually pretty good to listen and if we did not like the majority of the stuff (that includes Blackbird - Today), why are we spending our time here?

Again, if I thought I like a band and then that band is not what I really thought of (Saliva, Seether), then I am pretty much abandoning the ship anyway. That is not the case with AB and I am very honest with my answer here. Go ahead, call me all of names you want to say (I won't be able to see it though).

I just like listening to music that I prefer and I prefer it with Tremonti (band) rather than something like Creed in its prime. I understand you prefer other things, but that does not mean that you have the right to call anyone negative names or asskissers or whatever. Does not really do much and not really build your credibility.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I will agree that I think ODR is AB's best effort. But, Creed is my favorite band, and ODR is closer to my music taste than AB3 and BB.
I also agree that Mark's style is getting rather repetitive. This is coming from a guy who drove 6 hours at 18 yrs old to see his solo show and meet him. Mark is a bad fucking ass guitar player/songwriter. I just think he needs to mix it up more.
I really like All That I Got. I like the effects alot. The pre chorus and chorus are one of my favorites from All I Was. I think it's an excellent album. He just needs to differentiate between AB and Tremonti. Pre Full Circle, Creed and AB were night and day were different bands. At this point, it all seems to be meshing together.
Kinda just rambling, sorry lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austin. wrote:I will agree that I think ODR is AB's best effort. But, Creed is my favorite band, and ODR is closer to my music taste than AB3 and BB.
I also agree that Mark's style is getting rather repetitive. This is coming from a guy who drove 6 hours at 18 yrs old to see his solo show and meet him. Mark is a bad fucking ass guitar player/songwriter. I just think he needs to mix it up more.
I really like All That I Got. I like the effects alot. The pre chorus and chorus are one of my favorites from All I Was. I think it's an excellent album. He just needs to differentiate between AB and Tremonti. Pre Full Circle, Creed and AB were night and day were different bands. At this point, it all seems to be meshing together.
Kinda just rambling, sorry lol
No, no. This is fine. This is rather very nice to read. This is an opinion that I do not really fully agree on at points, but there are very interesting merits that I agree on, like wishing that Mark would further more differentiate between AB/Tremonti/Creed.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I don't like Projected at all. Not even one song. Gave it a listen cause of Flip. That's it.
Photobucket cash grab.

Ashlee
Site Admin

Post by Ashlee »

Timotheus wrote:But Dave Grohl justifies his actions by being Dave Grohl..
I have to stay out of this argument just because.

But I laughed so hard at this.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Them Bones wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:I think in general we need to cool it down a bit in here. Everybody has their opinion of the song - that's fine. But there's no need to say (in so many words) that someone else's review isn't worth anything or start throwing name-calling around. I'm not pointing any fingers, either. Just sayin'.
Good to see there are some people with some sense on this board.
Most ironic post of the year.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Them Bones for IPOTY

Post by zazthespaz »

missed most of the past couple of pages, but based on the quotes of "Them Bones", I'm ok with that.

After giving the song a couple more listens to, I've come to appreciate it more. I've used ear buds for all of the listens after my initial post and the verses are much more comprehendible through them vs. my ipod speaker. It's growing on me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Use earbuds or headphones, speakers don't do the song it's justice.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

Andy92 wrote:
Them Bones wrote:
Jaded Rescue wrote:I think in general we need to cool it down a bit in here. Everybody has their opinion of the song - that's fine. But there's no need to say (in so many words) that someone else's review isn't worth anything or start throwing name-calling around. I'm not pointing any fingers, either. Just sayin'.
@ Jaded Rescue.. Its obvious it goes both way. I just gave it back, thats all, not saying am proud of calling names, but I don't regret it either.

And, cussing is not something am into on these forums a lot, but yeah, some people just ask for it.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Ryan wrote:I don't like Projected at all. Not even one song. Gave it a listen cause of Flip. That's it.
:yeahthat

Ryan, I hereby nominate you my spokesperson! :cheers

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Exhibit A: I love Tremonti's album, think Blackbird is AB's best and that AB are improving overall. I think All That I Got is decent, not great compared to Mark Tremonti's best though, understandable why it was left off the album.

Exhibit B: You fuckin douches need to get your head out your ass if you don't see that Tremonti's getting better, you guys can say watever you want but Alter Bridge have improved and only nostalgic fanboys can say otherwise, just stating my opinion tho. And BTW this song isnt close to Tremonti's best and clearly he knew it was shit or else he'd have put it on the album, some people just need to stop licking ass and admit that.

Same opinion, different post. It'd be helpful to understand that it's not generally opinions people have a problem with, but the manner in which they are posted.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

Them Bones wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Them Bones wrote:
@ Jaded Rescue.. Its obvious it goes both way. I just gave it back, thats all, not saying am proud of calling names, but I don't regret it either.

And, cussing is not something am into on these forums a lot, but yeah, some people just ask for it.
Easy, mate. If you're not proud, just lead the discussion the other way around in a positive way.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

RuRu hit it perfectly. No one's upset over different opinions, it's the condescending tone in the presentation of the opinion that irks people.

For example, I disagree with Ryan's opinion on Projected. I thought Human was a very solid record. But he wasn't condescending with his opinion, doesn't bother me to disagree.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

RuRo wrote:Exhibit A: I love Tremonti's album, think Blackbird is AB's best and that AB are improving overall. I think All That I Got is decent, not great compared to Mark Tremonti's best though, understandable why it was left off the album.

Exhibit B: You fuckin douches need to get your head out your ass if you don't see that Tremonti's getting better, you guys can say watever you want but Alter Bridge have improved and only nostalgic fanboys can say otherwise, just stating my opinion tho. And BTW this song isnt close to Tremonti's best and clearly he knew it was shit or else he'd have put it on the album, some people just need to stop licking ass and admit that.

Same opinion, different post. It'd be helpful to understand that it's not generally opinions people have a problem with, but the manner in which they are posted.
Perfect post that pretty much summarizes this whole argument. It is all that need to be said.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I think I'm just going to lock this before it gets any more out of hand.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: if anybody's making themselves mod, it'd be macca

Post by zazthespaz »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I think I'm just going to lock this before it gets any more out of hand.
WELL LOOK WHO JUST MADE HIMSELF MOD :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

:shifty
Photobucket cash grab.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Wait, I can't do that, huh? Dammit, noob status.