Tremonti 2015 Touring

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Tremonti 2015 Touring

Post by Them Bones »

@ TTournier

Probably more tasteful acts like Tool, Alice In Chains? Look, again, no offence, this is my personal opinion. I see that bringing the two fan bases together will definitely be more exposure for both bands, but I feel if Tremonti wanna grow, pair up with artists with good music, not average cookie cutter stuff. I would hate to see Tremonti getting influenced by Trivium's fanbase to produce music like that. People are already drawing comparisons between both, saying that both sound alike, I don't think so, and I hope they don't. Again, so that nobody gets offended, my opinion only.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

^ I would love to tour with those bands - but thats like saying "don't want to work? just win the lotto!" - its that easy right?

Tool isn't touring and when they do opening slots go to far bigger bands then us. AIC - we tried to line up tour cycles as those guys are friends but missed each other and couldn't get offers to work.

Trivium has awesome music i think... You know how many people say Tremonti is cookie cutter? I have been at every festival - we heard that a lot. Its easy to hate and not give things a chance... I heard "thats just the dude from Creed" so many times it made my blood boil.

Tremonti makes music Tremonti likes - end of story. He has always done things his way - look at his history, what makes you think he would ever change what he is doing?

Both bands are metal bands and fit well on the bill - Trivium fans will like Tremonti and I think Tremonti fans will like trivium. Both have bitchin songs - epic guitar parts - sick breakdowns - you can mosh to both bands - both are captivating - both are some of the nicest dudes in metal... They are a lot a like.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Despite that I love Tool and really enjoy AIC, I wouldn't say that their mutual tour would work properly, Tool is much much bigger and their music is very different from what Mark and Co. do.
Even if I don't really enjoy Trivium and find them repetative, they will be still co-headlining and look at the tour - a lot of dates in different places.
Tim - are we gonna get some cool European dates soon?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

If you are going to arrange a tour with AIC, I would love it if it can be done with AB. Also, if that is possible, I really would love it if Soundgarden is in the mix. I think something like that can fill some nice outdoor auditoriums (like 5k+ people). I wouldn't mind it as much if AB can only get like 45 min. of playing time, in that scenario, if the shorter set is the price to pay for some guarantee needed exposure.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I really hope AB management is taken over by Fret12, they such a great job.
Thanks Timo!

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

You mean Mark Tremonti should Manage his own band?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ No. The Fret12 guys like Tim Tournier have been doing a good job in this front, and here we are. Tremonti is about to embark on the longest leg of a tour he's been since probably AB's Spring tour of 2014 or Europe 2013.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Just got my ticket for the show in Wilmington! :peace First time seeing Tremonti live, absolutely stoked! Can't wait!! :dance
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I can't wait for this show. I'm one of the few people who enjoy Trivium's less screamy stuff like the Vengeance Falls album. It almost borders on Tremonti's sound. Couple that with a meet and greet with MT at intermission. I'm in brother.

Great job booking this tour, Tim. The biggest question for me is weather to wear my AB shirt or my Trivium shirt, lol.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

are there plans to release a new single to promote the tour?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Probably shouldn't be Sympathy if metal fans keep calling Tremonti cookie-cutter...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Probably shouldn't be Sympathy if metal fans keep calling Tremonti cookie-cutter...
HOW DARE THEY, YO! THAT'S WHACK. THEY'RE PRBABLY JUST POSERS :lol

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Hey Tim,

Will you guys be offering the guitar clinics again on this tour? Would be awesome to do now that I'm finally able to get to a show near me! Thanks!
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Is Wolfgang going to be touring with Tremonti in the fall?

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

So I decided to check out Trivium as I was not really familiar with them. I listened to about 5 songs and I clicked through some songs on a couple of their CD's on YT, and I think they suck. I don't know what it is, but they have a certain style that I just can't get into. I don't think it's a good fit with Tremonti. I'm with Them Bones on that. Hopefully some Trivium fans will like Tremonti, but my guess is not many Tremonti fans will dig them. But hey I'm no expert, just my opinion. Hopefully Tremonti goes first at the Minneapolis show lol.....

I'd think Tremonti would fit best touring with bands like.... Chevelle, Volbeat, Godsmack, Black Label Society.... those bands probably aren't available but they are a better fit musically I think.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Everyone has their own opinion, but Tremonti is more of a metal band. Them playing with the kind of bands AB plays with wouldn't be as good of a show imo. I think bands like Trivium, Stone Sour, etc, fit right into Tremonti's style of music with this band.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Is Wolfgang going to be touring with Tremonti in the fall?
Tanner is.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Well crap... When is Wolfgang going to re-join everyone?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

When VH is done touring I'd assume.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AHart96 wrote:Hey Tim,

Will you guys be offering the guitar clinics again on this tour? Would be awesome to do now that I'm finally able to get to a show near me! Thanks!
Ask and you shall receive.

On another note, I think the Europe fans would probably really love to see this tour continue on in their turf, and you know, for certain, Roadrunner Records and the promoters (who works with Live Nation) from the Download festival will promote this pretty hard and well.