Tremonti 2015 Touring

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Re: Tremonti 2015 Touring

Post by mycarhasabs »

Sorry but I'm slightly confused. Is Tremonti headlining the show or Trivium? I'm just not the biggest Trivium fan, if Tremonti isn't the final act I honestly can't say it would be worth it for me (Baltimore show).

The advertisement for this tour is so confusing. The main web flyer I'm seeing has Trivium on the left which would suggest they're the final act but Hard Drive's official site is decked out in Cauterize. Some consistency please??

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

mycarhasabs wrote:Sorry but I'm slightly confused. Is Tremonti headlining the show or Trivium? I'm just not the biggest Trivium fan, if Tremonti isn't the final act I honestly can't say it would be worth it for me (Baltimore show).

The advertisement for this tour is so confusing. The main web flyer I'm seeing has Trivium on the left which would suggest they're the final act but Hard Drive's official site is decked out in Cauterize. Some consistency please??
They're co-headlining. I don't think either one is more of a headliner than the other during the tour? That's what I was lead to believe.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
mycarhasabs wrote:Sorry but I'm slightly confused. Is Tremonti headlining the show or Trivium? I'm just not the biggest Trivium fan, if Tremonti isn't the final act I honestly can't say it would be worth it for me (Baltimore show).

They're co-headlining. I don't think either one is more of a headliner than the other during the tour? That's what I was lead to believe.

I'll rephrase my question, who's the final act? If Tremonti is on for all of 45 minutes then... Sorry, again, not the biggest Trivium fan. Trying to see if this is worth $25 plus parking and beer and an hour and a half of driving.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sometimes the closer rotates on co-headlining tours. Tremonti might go last a few shows while Trivium goes last on others.

I'm kinda surprised to see mixed reactions to Trivium on here. I hear a lot of Tremonti fans saying they like his heavy style that still has catchy melodies. Trivium excels at that style imo, especially their newer albums. Not bashing anyone's opinion, just a bit surprised.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Oh and I saw Tim say both bands are playing 75 minute sets. So it's the same time regardless of who goes last.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I'm curious to see what set list they use... I want to hear Providence and Dark Trip live, then I'm set.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Andy92 wrote:Oh and I saw Tim say both bands are playing 75 minute sets. So it's the same time regardless of who goes last.
Yeah, I remember seeing that somewhere. If Tremonti is first but you don't like Trivium, you can line up early, enjoy Tremonti, and beat the traffic out!

And yeah, Trivium seems like a great match. What is Mark thinking teaming up with a successful band with a generally similar style whose fans might like Tremonti. :shrug
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Andy92 wrote:
I'm kinda surprised to see mixed reactions to Trivium on here. I hear a lot of Tremonti fans saying they like his heavy style that still has catchy melodies. Trivium excels at that style imo, especially their newer albums. Not bashing anyone's opinion, just a bit surprised.

I guess the amount of AB shows I've been able to catch I'm just used to seeing them as the main attraction. Feels weird haha. Since I've never listened to Trivium that much and can't relate, it feels weird to go to a show where the favored band may not be the closer. It's like attending a movie to catch a highly anticipated trailer haha. (yes, I've done that)

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

Trivium is a much much bigger/more known band than Tremonti, at least here in Europe. So it's not weird if they close the show. But maybe I'm just more used to bands I like not being the headlining act, which happens a lot with the 'smaller' metal concerts I go to with like 3-4 bands playing.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

prslover wrote:
Them Bones wrote:I dunno, I just can't stand Trivium. I find them cheesy and really lame. No offence to anyone. Tremonti could be pairing up with Slash and Co. or someone else.

Respect your opinion Bones but man...I've seen Triv 3 or 4 times and they really bring it. The guys in the band really care about their music and work really hard to make good records. Heafy is a total guitar head like Mark.

Give em a chance
Don't get me wrong. I have had my fair share of Trivium in mid to late 2000s. They are all brilliant musicians, but the songs are just meh. The sound just doesn't sound mature enough. Its what pulls high school crowd imo. Being good with your instrument does not always mean you can churn good stories out with good choice of notes.

My concern is that Tremonti might head into similar direction of making average psudo metal to impress teens, which looks like the popular trend these days. I respect the fanbase of all bands, but I feel Trivium and Tremonti just don't fit together.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Who am I kidding, I'll probably go anyway. I'll just binge listen to Trivium on Spotify. I have a gut feeling the majority of the crowd will be wearing AB, Tremonti and PRS gear though which would be both ironic and humorous to see IMO.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

agny wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Oh and I saw Tim say both bands are playing 75 minute sets. So it's the same time regardless of who goes last.
Yeah, I remember seeing that somewhere. If Tremonti is first but you don't like Trivium, you can line up early, enjoy Tremonti, and beat the traffic out!

And yeah, Trivium seems like a great match. What is Mark thinking teaming up with a successful band with a generally similar style whose fans might like Tremonti. :shrug
I'll change the perspective a bit. If Mark was opening for another band that tends to do smaller venues like Breaking Benjamin or Stone Sour (neither of which they'd ever tour with because of style differences) then I wouldn't care if he was opening. I"m just not aware of a huge Trivium following in the states. So maybe they kind of need each other. Just a theory.

If I'm not into them within the first 4-5 tracks, I can leave and be home in time to get enough sleep for a possible early flight out of Reagan National the next morning.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Going to the NJ Show. Hope to see Tim there. Cam says he's gonna try going, but i'm gonna make him... :cheers
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Last time I saw Trivium they covered Creeping Death, and it was awesome.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Them Bones wrote: The sound just doesn't sound mature enough. Its what pulls high school crowd imo. Being good with your instrument does not always mean you can churn good stories out with good choice of notes.

My concern is that Tremonti might head into similar direction of making average psudo metal to impress teens, which looks like the popular trend these days. I respect the fanbase of all bands, but I feel Trivium and Tremonti just don't fit together.
And that's a problem, why? I mean if it gets kids into metal in an era full of pop, modern country, and electronic music, I don't mind it. Plus, Austin stated earlier that the general Tremonti crowd has been an generally older demographic so this kind of tour is something Tremonti could need to play in front of a younger demographic that could get into him (and by proxy, AB) and I don't see a problem with that as long as they appreciate it and Tremonti doesn't "pander" to them.
mycarhasabs wrote: I"m just not aware of a huge Trivium following in the states. So maybe they kind of need each other.
I think they do need each other. As stated, earlier, the venues they are going to play, size-wise, are pretty much the venues that AB would typically fill in the states (given the proper advertisement and promotion, of course). I don't know what Trivium would generally play in their headlining shows, but Tremonti plays in front like 500 people in smaller venues than what AB plays.

I know some people do not like it when Tremonti (or for that matter, AB) are going to embark on a long tour and they are not closing the show and a band they do not know or like is closing. I made my remarks about the Carnival of Madness tour in 2011 on how it didn't really help AB in the end (which is evident since apparently a good amount of people left after AB was done).

However, I really do believe that this Tremonti/Trivium tour is the best chance for Tremonti, atm, to gain new fans and play in front of bigger crowds than what they would usually play in non-festival shows or supporting shows. I believe that.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

anguyen92 wrote:
Them Bones wrote: The sound just doesn't sound mature enough. Its what pulls high school crowd imo. Being good with your instrument does not always mean you can churn good stories out with good choice of notes.

And that's a problem, why? I mean if it gets kids into metal in an era full of pop, modern country, and electronic music, I don't mind it. Plus, Austin stated earlier that the general Tremonti crowd has been an generally older demographic so this kind of tour is something Tremonti could need to play in front of a younger demographic that could get into him (and by proxy, AB) and I don't see a problem with that as long as they appreciate it and Tremonti doesn't "pander" to them.

From a commercial prospect, works, Tremonti is getting more crowd to listen to him. So thats good. I just can't take Trivium's sound seriously, and I hope getting that fanbase onboard doesn't mean catering to that fanbase, hence, diluting Tremonti's already diluting (IMO) sound.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

This run is a co-headliner. 75 mins sets each. We will do merch meet and greets.

We worked really hard to put this run together and I personally thinks its a great fit! If you check out Trivium, they are a really great metal band.. we are a great metal band.

Teaming together and playing music that might interest the other bands crowd is how you grow. who would have been a better fit for us do you think?

We are trying to fast track growth in the market - do you that by putting together a package like this and touring the hell out of it!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think Trivium is a great fit personally. Tremonti is more of a metal band compared to Alter Bridge, so I think Trivium fits more compared to bands AB plays with like Black Stone Cherry and Like A Storm.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

TTournier wrote:This run is a co-headliner. 75 mins sets each. We will do merch meet and greets.

We worked really hard to put this run together and I personally thinks its a great fit! If you check out Trivium, they are a really great metal band.. we are a great metal band.

Teaming together and playing music that might interest the other bands crowd is how you grow. who would have been a better fit for us do you think?

We are trying to fast track growth in the market - do you that by putting together a package like this and touring the hell out of it!

Well, when you put it like that..
F*** it, buying my ticket.

As far as getting more exposure for both bands I actually couldn't agree more. I listen to a rock station in AK called 100.3 The Edge as opposed to a local station in DC 101.1. I stopped taking DC 101 seriously when they started playing Lorde..I'll let that sink in. Anyway, I listed to The Edge at work pretty much all day and started noticing they weren't playing any of his singles. They'd play Addicted to Pain but nothing past that. I emailed one of the main DJ's and inquired about it. He said "there's just a lot of other bands raising their hands right now and we're going to play them instead".

I thought, so let me get this straight. You'll play some of these garbage groups coming out of the wood works like All That Remains and Saint Astonia (sorry but Adam sounds like sh*t with this group, his voice is gone).....but they won't play Tremonti who's arguably one of the best musicians in the industry. WTF?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Want more exposure? Release Radical Change as a single!

And, you know, keep doing what you're doing :)