Another Heart Has Arrived!!

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Another Heart Has Arrived!!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Bob_BleedItDry wrote:sympathy is on the album . well according to the 1;23 vid of radical change showing you the track listing
If that's directed towards Taco's comment; then :facepalm Reread the part in bold by itself; that's what Tacos was saying. Not that Sympathy wouldn't be on the album.
Fish Tacos wrote:
We'll see about Sympathy, but Unable to See is going to be an epic ballad. Kind of wish it was on Cauterize so I don't have to wait ages to hear it again.

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

ohhhh ya haha my bad. I hope we get the rest of the songs about a year later on another album oh yeahhh

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I do like that the main chorus line is essentially "cry me a river", but more interesting. And I'm still loving the The End Is Here reference. Definitely a fun listen.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, the lyrics are my favourite part of the song.

And the bridge riff :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

very catchy song. like it more and more with each listen.
Thanks Andy!

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Austin thank you for not saying Proof.
Lol Proof is Chorus: The Song. Only redeeming factor for me is the extended solo version.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

This song has really grown on me. The lyrics are brilliant.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/upc ... _riff.html

The comments there are exactly what I expected about this song. Not sure if this track will fare too well.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I like the headline. "New Tremonti song has a heavy metal riff"
Well, no shit, Sherlock.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Meh, I can't read stuff like that without getting annoyed. Saying the drums are robotic, what does that even mean? They exist to keep a pace so they have to have some sort of rhythm, who the hell wants a drummer improving all over the place in a song? It's unfortunate to hear people aren't as impressed as some of us, but I wasn't a huge fan at the LPP either so I guess I understand.

Another Heart wound up being an interesting single choice in my mind. I think it has less upfront wowing power but longer replay value. I've listened to it about 10x a day on the ride to an from work on a short playlist and I have yet to get tired of it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The robotic thing is mostly because of the production I think, and I think it's understandable that people don't like that side of it.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

What does that mean? The beat still has to be in time, no?

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just the way it's over-polished. All the beats have the same volume, because of the way it's compressed, and I think the bass drum is triggered (not sure about this one, you should ask a drummer). All of that just makes it sound less "human" and more robotic.

I personally don't really have a problem with it.. I think the track would've been more effective if the recording was a bit more raw, but I don't mind it like this.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Interesting, I guess that makes sense, I don't know much about drums. Seems similar to the vinyl vs digital debate.
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Available on Amazon.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I thought the drums sounded a million times less robotic on the production of Another Heart than any song on All I Was, and I thoroughly enjoyed the drums on All I Was.

Different strokes for different folks I guess but I personally really like the drum production sound on Another Heart.

On a positive note, the lyric video already has 75,000 views. Which, I think, in retrospect to You Waste Your Time video at the same couple days into release, is a lot more views than YWYT

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

You can grow out of the song pretty fast. Well, tbh most of the music these guys are doing these days is boring(its subjective), but standing where these guys are right now, I think its an alright song. I am really digging the chorus lyrics.

Myles needs to release his solo album asap. I have extremely high hopes from that project.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

I had read a few comments about the song before listening to it, but I guess I forgot that I actually like Tremonti and his "typical" riffs and vocal melodies :lol I was blown away from the opening riff (perhaps just because I was expecting something unremarkable) and I was impressed with the song throughout - especially the bridge and solo section. The chorus is very catchy without sounding out of placed or breaking the momentum.

After listening to it a few times over the last couple of days I would agree to some extent that the verses and riff aren't particularly standout and that the whole song pretty much in line with previously released Tremonti songs, and I expect this song won't really be the most remarkable or memorable on the new album. But it does remind me exactly why I am looking forward to more Tremonti material so much, when a song that is perhaps "nothing special" by Tremonti standards is still so enjoyable to me (at least after a few days).

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I gotta say I agree with some of the Ultimate-Guitar comments. I find the song to be really forgettable, and I dislike the bridge of the song, it's not the first time Tremonti has done a bridge like that and it just sounds a cheap attempt to be a metal band for me.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

He rehashes a lot of material over and over, so I agreed with most of the comments. People seem to forget that Tremonti's target audience is mostly the metal crowd, so yeah they're gonna criticize him when he releases songs like that.