Tremonti Project: Previews

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
julio
Isolated

Re: Tremonti Project: Previews

Post by julio »

New Way Out will probably be the next preview.

I based this off a tweet from Mark a while back saying Brains, Wish You Well, and New Way Out would be next previews ...

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Wish You Well is amazing. Whole album is solid, but that one really stands out.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Not really digging it. The end of it sounds real messy to me...

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

I wish we could have heard the part of Wish You Well that was in that 9 second live clip about 2 months ago

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

mitch103 wrote:I wish we could have heard the part of Wish You Well that was in that 9 second live clip about 2 months ago
Wasn't that the part leading into the solo? If I'm thinking of the same video, it did sound really brutal.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

phatnonphatness wrote:Not really digging it. The end of it sounds real messy to me...
Yeah, it's definitely a little sloppy in parts.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

Are we listening to the same thing? I hear a super tight Rock track. Definitely much tighter than anything AB has recorded.

PS: The production sounds much better this time around too & although I'm not much of an Elvis fan... kudos to him for getting some pretty good sounds. Guitars & drums sound much bigger than AB III.

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Vaux »

mitch103 wrote:I wish we could have heard the part of Wish You Well that was in that 9 second live clip about 2 months ago
You talking about this? It's the beginning of the song isn't it? Oh wait, on second listen I guess it isn't.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/1aZ6LZNnCWk[/youtube]

*edit.... now we know why Garrett looks so tired in that clip, he's been drumming his ass off.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

julio wrote:New Way Out will probably be the next preview.

I based this off a tweet from Mark a while back saying Brains, Wish You Well, and New Way Out would be next previews ...
That's some pretty impressive analysis there, Julio. ;)

Looking forward to New Way Out now!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I really enjoyed that preview, I hope more of this album is like that preview, my hopes are definately alot higher with this project after hearing Wish You Well and Brains.. One thing though, what the fuck was Garrett doing towards the end of that clip? I don't think I've ever heard a drummer be so out of place with the song. There's no doubt to Garrett's skills, but some of that was just un-neccessary wankery. Although I do think the riff change from chorus to the end where Garrett is hitting the snare is a bit out of place and rushed anyway, so can't really blame him for playing along to what he's given. I'm probably being too harsh, and I expect it would sound better in context to the full song, I just think Garrett's drumming towards the end is too much, not to my tastes.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

The drums sound triggered, and I don't like that kind of sound at all.
Other than that, the riffs are alright (I also hear the Metallica similarity), but I wish mark had sung the last "I wish you... WELL" with more balls/agression. It could have sounded nasty !

Decay

Post by Decay »

I really really enjoyed this song. It's heavy and in your face, guitars and drums killed it on this one, Mark's vox too. :headbang
My hopes are pretty damn high for this record. Can't wait for it to drop!

:mtrocks

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Vaux wrote:
You talking about this? It's the beginning of the song isn't it? Oh wait, on second listen I guess it isn't.

*edit.... now we know why Garrett looks so tired in that clip, he's been drumming his ass off.
Yes this part!! Michael told me that this was the bridge of Wish You Well. If im not mistaken I would say the preview sample picks up just AFTER this section in the video unfortunately

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

chtimixeur wrote:The drums sound triggered, and I don't like that kind of sound at all.
Other than that, the riffs are alright (I also hear the Metallica similarity), but I wish mark had sung the last "I wish you... WELL" with more balls/agression. It could have sounded nasty !
I agree. This sounds like some Metallica stuff. I can't wait. I wish Mark would do a full cover of Enter Sandman, not like the partial clip they did a few years ago.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

mitch103 wrote:
Vaux wrote:

Yes this part!! Michael told me that this was the bridge of Wish You Well. If im not mistaken I would say the preview sample picks up just AFTER this section in the video unfortunately
I could've sworn we'd been told that was part of Proof a while back, might just be my imagination though. Hearing the Proof preview, doesn't sound like the same song either.
For all of the hope that it brings...

foz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by foz »

It is Proof, not WYW.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

Who knows :/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Have to say it sounds way more like Wish You Well to me, from the snippets we've had.
For all of the hope that it brings...

nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by nickgordon »

I like the ending. People were complaining that he was doing too much double bass, well that ending fill is not double bass and people are still complaining.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

I don't really care for this song. I find it kind of bland and boring. Not much to complain about but I can't find anything to praise.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.