Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by MaraCarr »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:38 pm Apparently Ryan wasn't feeling well so they played a 6-song acoustic set at the latest concert. Not many videos out yet but there's one of The Things I've Seen.

I love this! :cloud9

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

What a tragedy.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, now it's official. Tour is going into early 2022. That's a bummer, but very understandable.

https://twitter.com/Daughtry_News/statu ... 6388556800

Actually, rescheduling the tour may cause a bit of a headache in the Tremonti end since they are going to Europe in mid-January - February. When the heck does AB VII get recorded then? If Daughtry reschedules the tour, is Tremonti still a part of it? I don't care either way, since I always wanted to see Daughtry in some forms and that getting Tremonti on the bill is a huge added bonus, but it makes scheduling a bit more trickier.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Here's a 1 hour podcast with Mark.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

That was a great podcast! particularly liked the questions revolving around Marks approach to singing.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

chtimixeur wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:41 am Here's a 1 hour podcast with Mark.
I loved that interview! We need more interviews like that one! Great questions and he clearly did his homework, it is genuine and respectful! I love it!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

So, if you watch the episode until the end, Mark pretty much reveals what his next project is at the 59:20 mark.
It's an album where he completely gets out of his comfort zone, and it's going to be officially announced on March 21st.
His friends did not see this one coming, and the response has been really positive so far.
The idea for this new charity organization is really awesome, and I hope it becomes a big success.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

chtimixeur wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:59 am So, if you watch the episode until the end, Mark pretty much reveals what his next project is at the 59:20 mark.
It's an album where he completely gets out of his comfort zone, and it's going to be officially announced on March 21st.
His friends did not see this one coming, and the response has been really positive so far.
The idea for this new charity organization is really awesome, and I hope it becomes a big success.
If it's not an album of Frank Sinatra covers then I'll be very surprised :lol

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

Since he's got pages and pages of notes about Sinatra's songs, you might be onto something.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

I now run the very serious risk of death by excitement.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

:cloud9 :cloud9
chtimixeur :cloud9 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:59 am So, if you watch the episode until the end, Mark pretty much reveals what his next project is at the 59:20 mark. :cloud9 :cloud9
I love that so much and I really loved the part when he said if he had the time he would do something really “Dark”! He had this unique smile when he said that! I can see him being really dark and I think it would be so amazing!

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

Well, if possible I really would like to see MIT first on cd with the two bonustracks included. Also still waiting for Cauterize and Dust on vinyl and a dvd of the Manchester-recording during the ADM-tour. Lots of nice things that could come from this band soon.
And yes, hoping the European tour early 2022 will not suffer a Covid-cancellation.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:01 am I love that so much and I really loved the part when he said if he had the time he would do something really “Dark”! He had this unique smile when he said that! I can see him being really dark and I think it would be so amazing!
+1
If he wrote a dark album with long songs, 90 or 120 second solos and no pop choruses, he'd really have to get out of his comfort zone. He couldn't rely on the same old formulas he's been using for so long.
Creatively, this would be a real test, and I'm sure he could pass it.
I hope this idea comes to fruition one day.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I don't quite understand the desire for dark music/themes from Mark. Give me light/positive/uplifting any day of the week, lol.

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

He's been doing that for 20 years.
A radical change in his songwriting approach may lead to some new unsuspected greatness.

I was also thinking about his secret project. If that is indeed a Sinatra covers album, I really wonder how he arranged those songs (guitars? piano? strings?).
Also, I hope he didn't use too much autotune. Part of the what made those Sinatra songs amazing back in the 50's and 60's is that you could hear his voice without much studio magic.
For instance, I think Michael Bublé's Sinatra covers are pretty bad, and that's mainly because his voice is autotuned to death.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Dan Dando wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:52 am I don't quite understand the desire for dark music/themes from Mark. Give me light/positive/uplifting any day of the week, lol.
Dark music is better.

But seriously, every major/uplifting song by AB/Myles/Tremonti has been quite cheesy. Hopefully he's really gonna delve into some more obscure stuff.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Dolo wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:10 pm Dark music is better.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, here is the rescheduled dates. No Sevendust though.... Does that mean Tremonti gets more time?

Roughly the same period that Myles is on tour with Slash.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Wow, I'm no one to talk about how someone should feel when losing a daughter but I Imagined that Idk, losing a daughter might be one of the worst things can happen to a person. it surprise me how soon they'll be back touring.