Marching In Time

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Marching In Time

Post by mitch103 »

scarecrow wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 pm I have attended hundreds of concerts. I've seen the Stones. Paul McCartney. Bruce Springsteen.

This was one of the best sets I've ever seen. Jesus Christ.

Took a few videos, you can probably find them on Twitter. Incredible stuff. SEE THIS BAND IF YOU CAN!! I left right after Tremonti and there were clearly others that had as cathartic, euphoric experiences as I did.

They did, indeed, play Marching In Time.
How was the guitar tone? It appears this is the first tour in his life where he isn't using a mesa rectifier of some kind

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

mitch103 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:36 am
scarecrow wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 pm I have attended hundreds of concerts. I've seen the Stones. Paul McCartney. Bruce Springsteen.

This was one of the best sets I've ever seen. Jesus Christ.

Took a few videos, you can probably find them on Twitter. Incredible stuff. SEE THIS BAND IF YOU CAN!! I left right after Tremonti and there were clearly others that had as cathartic, euphoric experiences as I did.

They did, indeed, play Marching In Time.
How was the guitar tone? It appears this is the first tour in his life where he isn't using a mesa rectifier of some kind
He hasn't used that in quite a bit I guess, it's all about his PRS MT15 now.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

why did no one prepare me for how fun tanner is in concert?!? an absolutely madman and i loved it. eric's stage presence has really grown, too.

what a fantastic show. they MUST do some headline shows here in the states.

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

http://knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=39359

TREMONTI
Marching In Time
Napalm Records

He’s played in one of the most critically-reviled mainstream hard rock bands from the past two decades, he made a brief go at playing speed metal (though perhaps not really a giant stretch here given that his musical influences are mostly thrash/speed bands to begin with) and his own self-titled solo band once had Wolfgang Van Halen amongst its lineup for about two albums. Yet, what’s even more intriguing about CREED/ALTER BRIDGE axeman Mark Tremonti’s versatile balancing act between at least two of these bands – or three, depending if CREED’s much talked-about reunion garners enough interest to move beyond the rumor stage here – is that he’s a much more versatile guitarist than what we give him credit for. Granted, CREED’s own music output alone would be far more bearable for many of us if the overwrought brooding (and preaching) of Scott Stapp’s imitable Eddie Vedder-style vocals hadn’t been so engulfing to the point that the music itself was sidelined, and while ALTER BRIDGE also had a similar-sounding blueprint to its musical approach, it fared far better in showcasing Tremonti’s guitar skills no matter how conventional the sound could be. On the other hand, it’s also that same sound that Tremonti could claim as his own, incorporating elements of hard rock, power-heavy blues and even speed metal in its execution, and so far, he’s recorded four of his own studio albums – including Cauterize and Dust, both of which Wolfgang played bass on, as well as 2018’s speed metal-inspired A Dying Machine – in between his time with ALTER BRIDGE. And while the upcoming effort titled Marching In Time also features a significant amount of radio-friendly unit shifters, it also walks the walk when it comes to displaying both TREMONTI and, indeed, Tremonti’s musicianship to a greater platform.

Soaring choruses, melodic timbres, uplifting and well-versed lyrics from a personal perspective and even a bit of fast chugging riffs and solos in between are the marching orders of Marching In Time – and that’s just from the opening number titled “A World Away”. And even if Tremonti’s lead and rhythm fretwork doesn’t immediately sway the listener, the songwriting and storytelling style of his lyrics throughout likely will. Songs such as “Thrown Further”, the rapid rhythm prowess of “Let That Be Us” and “In One Piece” and the lead-off single “If Not For You” in particular resonate many calls for self-improvement, the nucleus of the song’s easily-relatable subjects of fear, isolation, despair, and hope. Also of worthy mention here is TREMONTI’s skill in writing and playing lengthy 5 to 7 minute-long sagas, as also evidenced in number such as “Not Afraid To Lose” and the closing 7-minute long title track, which builds up enough brooding momentum for Tremonti to bring in a powerful-sounding solo.

All in all, Marching In Time shows that TREMONTI, and, indeed, its lead foot soldier Tremonti have forged a route that’s completely alternate from their past while remaining comfortable and familiar with their overall path.

4.5 Out Of 5.0

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Well this is interesting :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

second listen to the album was even better than the first!!

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

"let that be us" makes me so happy. and now i love "the last one of us."
Last edited by scarecrow on Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

if anyone is desperate to hear this thing and can prove they already ordered it, send me a pm and i'll send you *absolutely nothing* in return.

or maybe something good, who knows?

ToNsOFuN88
Isolated

Post by ToNsOFuN88 »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:33 pm if anyone is desperate to hear this thing and can prove they already ordered it, send me a pm and i'll send you *absolutely nothing* in return.

Sent! Mine is set to arrive later than the release date, so that would be amazing.

benjoAB
White Knuckled

Post by benjoAB »

scarecrow wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:33 pm if anyone is desperate to hear this thing and can prove they already ordered it, send me a pm and i'll send you *absolutely nothing* in return.

Sent! Not sure if you got it as it’s lingering in my outbox for some reason!
Let me know 👍

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Just sent you a message too, but it’s also lingering in my outbox for some reason!

mirko.volpon
Bought The CDs

Post by mirko.volpon »

There is a photo of the back cover of cd or vinyl?

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

https://bloody-good-music.blogspot.com/ ... -time.html
Wednesday, September 22, 2021
Album Review: Tremonti - Marching In Time

I'll just say this; I've been growing less interested with every Tremonti record. The first one was a fun change of pace from Alter Bridge, and did something interesting throwing his melodic songwriting into the mix with some heavier, thrashier metal. The problem is the paired albums that followed were weighed down by songs that stretched things past their sell-by date, and I he was overmatched trying to write a compelling concept album about such an inhuman topic. It wasn't that Tremonti was losing his ability to write songs, but the project was taking turns away from what it was best served as. And considering that Alter Bridge's albums were better, I put my focus on them.

This album comes out of the gates re-establishing its identity. "A World Away" and "Now And Forever" feature deep, heavy riffs that are more metallic than even the harder-edged bits of Alter Bridge are known for. Mark switches from a thrashy pick attack to a sludgy groove with ease, and the latter song in particular features a melody that settles into the rumbling guitars beautifully. It takes me back to when I first heard "Brains" off the first album, and that's the niche Tremonti fills that neither Alter Bridge, nor Creed, can lay claim to.

"The Last One Of Us" takes us in a different direction, being a quasi-ballad that flirts with radio rock staples. Aside from it being a strong song that has a killer melody, what I like most about it is how it keeps the energy up despite its role on the album, sounding like a ballad on a crushing record should. It's the softer song, but it's hardly soft.

"In One Piece" is the typical Tremonti song that showscases his melodic writing in a way that a lot of heavier rock artists are unable to tap into. The song is heavy and brooding, the solo flashes all his technical skills, but the chorus is right from the best days of pop-rock. At his best, Mark writes better rock songs than most everyone on the scene. This album sees him at his best more than perhaps any of the albums bearing his own name.

The one place the album drags is "Under The Sun", where the groove feels a bit too slow, the chorus not explosive enough, and the flatness of Mark's voice is most apparent. Dave Grohl explained the "Wasting Light" album as if writing songs where every section was good enough to be a chorus. This song is the complete opposite, where every section should be the weak point. Instead, they all get put in the same song.

But that's one song out of a dozen, and with roughly an hour of music here, we can easily forgive one misstep. The rest of the album is Tremonti operating on all cylinders. As I mentioned at the start, I have been criticial of the last couple albums under this name, but not this one. Tremonti is back to doing what he does best, and not trying to be something more than he is. This album has a focus and a killer instinct that shines through.

"Marching In Time" is one of the best damn heavy rock albums of the year.

nagpo
Burn It Down

Post by nagpo »

So I've heard all the singles and don't particularly enjoy any of them that much. They're kind of generic songs that I forget about after listening to them. I'll probably get the record one day but not any time soon. I kind of feel the same about the latest MK record. I only wanted to listen to it once. I hope you guys enjoy it though.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

I'll never forgive Mark for playing a snippet of 'Let That Be Us' and then releasing 4 other songs before letting me hear the rest of it :lol

Not much longer to wait though :)

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Thrown Further and Let That Be Us.....wow!

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Thrown further, bleak, and let that be us are all strong and in one piece. I like the 4 released singles minus now and forever. Not afraid to lose I really don’t enjoy.

If not for you might be my favorite song of the record. Wish I hadn’t listened to those singles early as they’re the top tracks IMO

CrowsOnAWire
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CrowsOnAWire »

Also really liking In One Piece

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Interesting factoid in this interview that I'm not sure has been voiced before but Under The Sun was initially going to be on Walk The Sky and it ended up being a toss up between Under The Sun or Walking On The Sky and Mark chose to save it for Marching In Time. Still wish he saved Forever Falling for Marching In Time as well tbh :/ :lol

scarecrow
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by scarecrow »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:24 pm Interesting factoid in this interview that I'm not sure has been voiced before but Under The Sun was initially going to be on Walk The Sky and it ended up being a toss up between Under The Sun or Walking On The Sky and Mark chose to save it for Marching In Time. Still wish he saved Forever Falling for Marching In Time as well tbh :/ :lol
under the sun is definitely my least favorite of the 3. walking on the sky and forever falling on this album would be... wow. but i think forever falling benefits from myles' vocals.