DUST - The Second Part

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: DUST - The Second Part

Post by Timotheus »

Ultimate Guitar loves Tremonti. Guthrie Govan did a lot of stuff with them before the release of The Aristocrats' new album. I'm pretty sure if you did something exclusive with them and spread it over a few articles a lot people would notice. They have over 600K followers on Facebook.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

TTournier wrote:Hey Hey I saw someone say Cauterize did 13k in its first week - that was wrong.

We did 17,444 in the first week and there was a scan problem, all of our FYE sales didn't count or else we would have done far better then 14 on billboard top 200... but thats a tale for another time :)

in this day and age - I am really proud of what we have built and the fact that no one thought we would be able to sell as many copies of AIW as we did... then when we released Cauterize I think it made people view Tremonti as a band and not just a side project.

The trick is - how do we get better numbers with Dust...

Leave your ideas below, ill take note.

Tim
Throw in a behind-the-scenes making-of featurette/DVD double pack along with the preview articles on some of the prominent web sites mentioned. I'm a huge fan of the different packages from previous releases with autographed covers, shirts, stickers, etc.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Some artists recently seem to be having some success by leaving the album off streaming sites like Spotify and Apple Music on launch. Maybe keep it off those sites for the first month of the release? Not sure if there is enough data to show how well that approach works.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

TTournier wrote:Hey Hey I saw someone say Cauterize did 13k in its first week - that was wrong.

We did 17,444 in the first week and there was a scan problem, all of our FYE sales didn't count or else we would have done far better then 14 on billboard top 200... but thats a tale for another time :)

in this day and age - I am really proud of what we have built and the fact that no one thought we would be able to sell as many copies of AIW as we did... then when we released Cauterize I think it made people view Tremonti as a band and not just a side project.

The trick is - how do we get better numbers with Dust...

Leave your ideas below, ill take note.

Tim

Thats a tough one. Besides touring maybe pick a single that would do really well and just promote the shit out of it. Try and get it on tv somehow... Or get other rockstars to promote it lol like a shoutout or something

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

If we are throwing suggestions, maybe we can find someone in the current entertainment industry that want to use a Tremonti song as a go-to song? AB's biggest song, in terms of hitting the pop culture world, was Metalingus and it was due to former WWE star, Edge, using it as a theme song from 2004 until he retired in 2011 and still used it onward when he's making appearances on WWE programs.

Maybe, the WWE or any other entertainment media stuff that closely fits Tremonti's demographics could help get some further exposure for the band?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

anguyen92 wrote:If we are throwing suggestions, maybe we can find someone in the current entertainment industry that want to use a Tremonti song as a go-to song? AB's biggest song, in terms of hitting the pop culture world, was Metalingus and it was due to former WWE star, Edge, using it as a theme song from 2004 until he retired in 2011 and still used it onward when he's making appearances on WWE programs.

Maybe, the WWE or any other entertainment media stuff that closely fits Tremonti's demographics could help get some further exposure for the band?
Yes! this is a good idea. Or have it be a theme song for a ppv

luke62
White Knuckled

Post by luke62 »

anguyen92 wrote:If we are throwing suggestions, maybe we can find someone in the current entertainment industry that want to use a Tremonti song as a go-to song? AB's biggest song, in terms of hitting the pop culture world, was Metalingus and it was due to former WWE star, Edge, using it as a theme song from 2004 until he retired in 2011 and still used it onward when he's making appearances on WWE programs.

I completely forgot about this. I agree. Most of the time when they use a good song for a PPV or something, I will download it. I think ESPN used the "All I Was" single for bumper music during a NASCAR race. Stuff like this helps greatly. I've got a lot of stuff from bands I probably wouldn't have discovered had I not heard it on a video package or bumper music for something.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

luke62 wrote:

I completely forgot about this. I agree. Most of the time when they use a good song for a PPV or something, I will download it. I think ESPN used the "All I Was" single for bumper music during a NASCAR race. Stuff like this helps greatly. I've got a lot of stuff from bands I probably wouldn't have discovered had I not heard it on a video package or bumper music for something.
Really? Often there isn't even written which artist made this song. I don't care at all about this kind of background music when watching TV.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Here are answers to some suggestions -

We have made the price as affordable as we can without devaluing our product $7.99 is in fact the cheapest you can go on a new product and have it shelved at stores... other wise there isn't enough in it for the stores and they will not carry product.

We are always working on TV and publishing placements - Fingers crossed there because like we saw with ESPN, anytime there is a placement sales spike.

If you do double disc's with video content the customer would be looking at a $19.99 price tag - i don't see that happening... We try to give away as much scenes stuff as we can via Stories from the road. I also love that content but I always like spreading it out as a second wave of promo.

Cauterize was one of the lower preforming songs in testing and least downloaded songs via digital platforms! Another Heart, Radical Change and Flying Monkeys tested the best ( all got the same high score) so I turned to our radio team and let octane really pick our first single - Another Heart. It was a new tactic but worked and I plan on doing the same on the next go :)

I have a few irons in the fire with WWE - so fingers crossed there....

All good ideas guys! Its a tuff call - i figure it can't hurt to ask the fans, we have a smart fan base... why not ask their insight!

Tim

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Weird about Cauterize. I like it better than either of those three songs. We appreciate how hard you work, Tim. Keep up the good work.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TTournier wrote:We have made the price as affordable as we can without devaluing our product $7.99 is in fact the cheapest you can go on a new product and have it shelved at stores... other wise there isn't enough in it for the stores and they will not carry product.
Hmmm, I figure as much. Those stores like Best Buy, Target, etc. They got to make money somehow. I don't mind the price though. Around $10 plus sales tax is more than worthwhile to me as a standard new release.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

TTournier wrote:Here are answers to some suggestions -

We have made the price as affordable as we can without devaluing our product $7.99 is in fact the cheapest you can go on a new product and have it shelved at stores... other wise there isn't enough in it for the stores and they will not carry product.

We are always working on TV and publishing placements - Fingers crossed there because like we saw with ESPN, anytime there is a placement sales spike.

If you do double disc's with video content the customer would be looking at a $19.99 price tag - i don't see that happening... We try to give away as much scenes stuff as we can via Stories from the road. I also love that content but I always like spreading it out as a second wave of promo.

Cauterize was one of the lower preforming songs in testing and least downloaded songs via digital platforms! Another Heart, Radical Change and Flying Monkeys tested the best ( all got the same high score) so I turned to our radio team and let octane really pick our first single - Another Heart. It was a new tactic but worked and I plan on doing the same on the next go :)

I have a few irons in the fire with WWE - so fingers crossed there....

All good ideas guys! Its a tuff call - i figure it can't hurt to ask the fans, we have a smart fan base... why not ask their insight!

Tim
Appreciate the answers!
For all of the hope that it brings...

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Maybe release a box set?

lol, jk.
Last edited by psycosquirrel789 on Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

Will there be different bundles again? Maybe do different shirts or wristbands. It maybe a little warm for hoodies this go round.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Tour with a big band, even for an initial money loss. I enjoy small club shows in front of 300 people, who doesn't, but if you're looking to make profit and gain eyes, open for Shinedown, Alice in Chains, hell.... Work something out with Eddie.

Wilson and remember that band Byzantine you guys had open for Tremonti in Johnson city? Listen to both of those bands now.

Get on a large scale tour.

Open for Maiden.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Exclusives are always nice. I love b-sides, studio acoustics, live versions of the album songs. It's probably too late, but maybe see if the guys could record a couple of songs acoustically in the studio to attach to the album? Unable To See was a beatiful song from my memory at the listening party. A studio acoustic of that and then maybe Another Heart (they did this for a radio station didn't they?) or Sympathy, Dark Trip, Fall Again would be killer.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

austin. wrote:Open for Maiden.
Oh yeah, getting opening spot for Maiden, like that's so easy for a small-ish band like them to get into.

Getting a tour with AIC or Shinedown or Van Halen? A little more plausible due to the connections.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Tremonti ain't no T Swizzle

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:Some artists recently seem to be having some success by leaving the album off streaming sites like Spotify and Apple Music on launch. Maybe keep it off those sites for the first month of the release? Not sure if there is enough data to show how well that approach works.
Idk, I see what you're saying, but Cautrtize isn't on Pandora and all I get is All I Was, which as a fan, irritates me. As a non fan though, hearing a song here and there on Pandora might give a spark of curiosity which inspires them to look at/buy the album. The turnover on these listeners won't be great (I've only bought one album based on music I've hear on Pandora the 4-5 months I've been actively listening to Pandora) but that small percentage is a good start.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I mainly meant the sites where you could pick exact albums/songs to stream. I think Pandora is a good outlet for exposure. It's an online radio basically.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jaredr24
Loyal Follower

Post by Jaredr24 »

If Tremonti could get a song used for ESPN or other sports things I could see that helping. If there's a song on Dust that could fit for it, you could try to get them to feature a song during March Madness which would be right before the album release and tons of people watch the NCAA tournament.

Any type of television performance or advertisement would help too. Like if Tremonti could play on one of the late night shows that would be nice. I know AB has before so maybe someone like Kimmel or Conan could have Tremonti play.
~{AB fan - Go Tops! #WKU}~
”I’ll rest my eyes and let the earth breathe”