Tremonti II Sneak Peak

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Tremonti II Sneak Peak

Post by abw1987 »

One Drew Remains wrote:Yeah, it's easy for a drummer to be out of time too (just watch the doc on Staind's last album where the drummer gets fired in the studio for it) so they use a click.
Wow, I never heard about that. It's crazy to think that you could be fired for your playing abilities after being with the band for that long. Did he suddenly get worse at the drums, or did the guys just never realize how bad he was before?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One of the drummers on one of Daughtry's albums had some pretty heated arguments with Howard Benson while recording (I think it was the band's third album, and he was a new member). Things can get tense in the studio when people screw up and your producer has other clients coming in soon.

That's why I could always see why Mark keeps working with Elvis. Once you reach a certain comfort level in the studio and like how your albums sound, there's really no reason to change what you're doing.

Back about the album, I'm stoked to hear some of Wolfie's bass lines.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

mitch103
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by mitch103 »

abw1987 wrote:
One Drew Remains wrote:Yeah, it's easy for a drummer to be out of time too (just watch the doc on Staind's last album where the drummer gets fired in the studio for it) so they use a click.
Wow, I never heard about that. It's crazy to think that you could be fired for your playing abilities after being with the band for that long. Did he suddenly get worse at the drums, or did the guys just never realize how bad he was before?
If I remember correctly it just seemed like he was just getting burned out on it all and kind of quit giving and shit and thats when his drumming took a downward spiral. It's an interesting documentary. Damn does Aaron Lewis go through a ton of weed though.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Yes. That and they were literally down to the wire on that album. They had a strict deadline, and they just made it because the drummer kept screwing up, and had to be replaced. That doc is worth a watch when you get time abw.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Do we know when we can tentatively expect to see the album art? I was considering purchasing the signed art on Fret12 but it's hard to commit without seeing it.

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

I want that Jade green ax Mark is playing in the first peak. I know you can get the ONE, but I don't think I could front the $5,500 for the ONE. I don't know if Tim will see this message, but I would like to know if that model is a production model, or just built for this occasion. Other than that these peaks have got me giddy for the record.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Is that the guitar JEguitars (from this board) built him? Wylde, do a search on JE guitars posts. He did two different builds for mark. pics are on here I believe.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

that second song with Mark wearing the Detroit shirt sounds awesome

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Wylde 1919 wrote:I want that Jade green ax Mark is playing in the first peak. I know you can get the ONE, but I don't think I could front the $5,500 for the ONE. I don't know if Tim will see this message, but I would like to know if that model is a production model, or just built for this occasion. Other than that these peaks have got me giddy for the record.
Yes it's available. It's the Tremonti model PRS. You can get it in that color as well. It's a regular production color. You can also get it with or without the trem now. Been saving for mine and trying to decide a color. It'll be a stop tail for me :)
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

One Drew Remains wrote:Is that the guitar JEguitars (from this board) built him? Wylde, do a search on JE guitars posts. He did two different builds for mark. pics are on here I believe.
Negative. They're all Tremonti model PRS'.
Photobucket cash grab.

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

The last riff sounds big. Garrett's drumming is super cool. Finally some more music from Tremonti. Hope this is better than All I Was.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

30k views on youtube! Not bad at all

Wylde 1919
Bought The CDs

Post by Wylde 1919 »

Thanks for the info Ryan, I have had my eyes on that color since I seen a SC 250 a GC in Indianapolis a few years back. It will be a stop tail for me as well.

TTournier
White Knuckled

Post by TTournier »

Hey Hey!

The guitars Mark used on this record are NOT production models. They are customs built for Mark ( the back of all of the head stocks say " Custom Built for Mark Tremonti".)

You can buy Marks production model (fret12.com - shameless plug i know) but these guitars where built for Mark by PRS... we got some of them a while back and the others a few months before recording.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

TTournier wrote:Hey Hey!

The guitars Mark used on this record are NOT production models. They are customs built for Mark ( the back of all of the head stocks say " Custom Built for Mark Tremonti".)

You can buy Marks production model (fret12.com - shameless plug i know) but these guitars where built for Mark by PRS... we got some of them a while back and the others a few months before recording.
oooh...what's the difference in them and the production models?
Photobucket cash grab.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Ryan wrote:oooh...what's the difference in them and the production models?
TTournier wrote:the back of all of the head stocks say " Custom Built for Mark Tremonti"
:dance

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

abw1987 wrote:
TTournier wrote:the back of all of the head stocks say " Custom Built for Mark Tremonti"
:facepalm Can't believe Ryan missed that. :lol

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

To be fair, there may very well be other differences like non-standard paint colors, better wood tops, and any other customizations Mark requests these days. (Remember that before the Tremonti II came out, he was ordering his guitars with the neck shaved down since he no longer preferred the wide-fat shape.)

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
:facepalm Can't believe Ryan missed that. :lol
Right? If only they showed that in the video. :( :rolleyes
Photobucket cash grab.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

The inlays are made from unicorn horns, the body is carved from a 10,000 yr old bonsai tree and the strings are wound from Mithril so that they never break.