Proof Solo Difference

All are welcome at our free clinic for those whose faces have been melted. \m/
RuRo
Loyal Follower

Proof Solo Difference

Post by RuRo »

My copy of the album was delivered today, however since I was away from home at the weekend and had an hour train journey where I'd be listening to music, I decided to download the album to listen to it since it had leaked (hopefully this is fine to say).

Anyway, now that I'm home I notice that my copy of Proof from the CD is about 10 seconds shorter than the one I downloaded. The part that's missing is from the solo, so when Mark mentioned that they cut the solo for the song, it seems that the original part is still out there.

Don't really know why they had to cut it as it doesn't sound bad, and the solo sounds too short otherwise (I have only listened to the song once so don't have much more to say about it than that). Just thought I'd post this since it seems an interesting bit of info and I haven't seen it mentioned yet.

billdrambis
Brand New Start

Re: Proof Solo Difference

Post by billdrambis »

OK, thats crazy... i was listening to that solo and knowing Mark said he cut some of it out, it sounded long.. but i LOVED it. Its my favorite solo on the album. Very glad there's a copy floating around with the longer solo version.

SlapDashJohnson
Bought The CDs

Post by SlapDashJohnson »

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LET ME HEAR IT.

QUICK!
Last edited by SlapDashJohnson on Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly titanguy9

SlapDashJohnson
Bought The CDs

I have the Cd.
Formerly titanguy9

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I have the CD...what's the other version? The solo seems kinda short on the album, but I don't know what we're comparing it to here. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

The aol album preview has the longer version of the solo http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/7

I just bought the album off iTunes and it's the shorter version :/ I really like the longer solo version better!
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

mitchyboy
Brand New Start

Post by mitchyboy »

Yeah I've heard both versions - don't understand why they cut the solo??? The longer version was fine. That's the one thing I wish this album had more of - longer, more involved solo's.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Actually, I'm more interested in knowing why AOL has the different version than why Mark cut the solo down shorter. :lol

Bob_BleedItDry
Neon Impossible

Post by Bob_BleedItDry »

Love proof shame he cut the solo in half don't really think there was a need to. He said it dident say anything . There's a few solos that don't say anything proof is not one of them
Last edited by Bob_BleedItDry on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RuRo
Loyal Follower

Post by RuRo »

Yeah considering when the album leaked I assumed it came from people who had got the CD, so was wondering where the longer version came from. Makes sense that it's from the AOL stream, although it's weird that they have the different version anyway. Mark must have only cut it out very late.

It's good he doesn't want to go into mindless wankery and wants to play solos for the song. Only problem is, I never thought he was bad for having solos that go too far and don't fit the song - I'm sure most people think of Blackbird or One Day Remains as the best albums for Tremonti solos, and it was after those that I'm sure he started saying in interviews about making sure solos fit the song etc.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB III was definitely Mark's weakest AB album for solos. I don't think he necessarily needs to shred less/make the solos shorter. He just needs to make sure each one has a distinctly different sound. The solo to Leave It Alone is excellent.

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

Andy92 wrote:Leave It Alone is excellent.
His best in a while!!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So, where does the album version's solo stop? I downloaded a version online, while I'm waiting for my copy to arrive. I though I was listening to the album version.. That's why it seemed a lot longer than the live version I heard before.. It really was longer :lol Guess I'll listen to this version more than the real version :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

TREMONSTER
TABN.com Citizen

Post by TREMONSTER »

Just bought the Proof mp3 from Amazon hoping it would have the longer solo. Unfortunately it doesn't. I really want an mp3 of the longer solo!!! Anyone know where I can get it?
*Courtesy of Alter Bridge Bangladesh Facebook

SlapDashJohnson
Bought The CDs

What he said ^^^
Formerly titanguy9

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No idea where/if you can buy that version...AOL is the only place I've found it at.

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

To those talking about e-mailing or PMing copies of the song.... friendly reminder:
TABN Admin wrote:11. This site is not to be used to share copyrighted studio recordings. Anyone caught sharing such files could be subject to banning. Sharing will NOT be tolerated at all. This includes ALL Alter Bridge studio recordings (live bootleg recordings are OK), all Creed recordings, all Mayfield Four recordings and those of other bands. Regardless of what band members may say about sharing, in the vast majority of cases, the record label own the rights to the studio recordings, and they are the people with the power to present lawsuits against websites.
Though I will say, hearing the difference really stinks :/ Why it was cut is so beyond me, it was a perfectly good part. :crazy

awesomeindeed
Brand New Start

Post by awesomeindeed »

Yep... same here. I want the longer version on my physical copy! :(

Jaded Rescue
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jaded Rescue »

At least it's not as bad as the radio cut of Open Your Eyes. They literally chopped out the last 5 seconds of the solo, those two notes Mark rings out before going back into the chorus... Totally pointless cause it barely cut the song, plus it sounds awful.

foz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by foz »

If I had the AOL peview ripped i'd edit it into the album version.