Cool Conspirators Interview

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Cool Conspirators Interview

Post by Ubik »

Myles did still get a lot of the silly Stapp comparisons at the beginning, "Creed with a new singer" and all that bollocks. A measure of the man that he's emerged on the other side of all that as probably one of the most respected rock singers around today, which is not an easy task. Good to see talent win out occasionally.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

MidnightToker wrote:
Roneit wrote:What I admire the most about Mark is his ability to start a new band from the beginning and make so freaking great! I wonder how do they decide that Myles should be the new singer...
The first time they learned of Myles was when The Mayfield Four opened for Creed back in the day (late 90s). I think I've heard Mark and/or Flip say that, when auditioning singers for Alter Bridge, they kept thinking of Myles from that tour.
Yeah, I knew about that, but what I mean it is how do they decide, if it was like, "hey, remember that guy that played with us in that tour, I dont remember his name, the band name was... Mayfield something... I wonder where that guy is now..."

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Roneit wrote:
Yeah, I knew about that, but what I mean it is how do they decide, if it was like, "hey, remember that guy that played with us in that tour, I dont remember his name, the band name was... Mayfield something... I wonder where that guy is now..."
There had to be more to the connection other than Myles with Mayfield Four opening up for Creed. Also during that time in the early 2000s, maybe hearing the news that Myles was the only guy in the movie Rock Star that had his actual singing voice used in the movie. Perhaps the whole story regarding who's going to be the singer for Velvet Revolver, when they started, probably made Mark, Brian, and Flip remember something.