Cool Conspirators Interview

Post by Timotheus »

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Re: Cool Conspirators Interview

Post by Roneit »

The first part was good, the second not so much.

I like when they talk about how is the process of writing of Myles. And how there is this constantly cloud above him called Axl Rose's fans.

That is one question I would like to hear from Myles: if all this pressure and comparison gets to him.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I thought it was a very light-hearted interview. Not too serious.. That's what I loved about it :) you can imagine the guys laughing in the background and stuff :lol

This was my favourite part:

What do you think Slash is doing right now?

Todd: Playing guitar

Frank: Playing guitar, I guarantee it

Brent: Yeah, absolutely.

:D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Yes, I agree with you about that. Very light mood interview.

There is something I didnt understand: Todd came to the band throught Brent? Because in the beginning of the interview, they kinda give the impression that Slash call Todd to an audition. But, after, they say this:

Brent: He was like, “I think we’re going to make a change on the bass player.” And I don’t think he had the answer but I did and I gave it to him and hopefully he was going to accept it. But I just said, “I’ve got a friend of mine that I think would be great for the gig.” I don’t mean to answer Todd’s question but …

Todd: Oh please do. I’ve answered this many times to her (laughs). Yeah, I went down the next day and jammed and it’s been two and a half years later, three years later almost now.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

There was another bassist first. I don't know his name, but the 4 of them (Slash, Fitzy, Brent and the other bassist) were jamming and rehearsing for a while, but it didn't really click with him. When Slash made clear he wanted another bassist, Brent told him about a friend, so Slash looked him up and called him for an audition. That way he came to the band through Brent.. :)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I think the original bassist was Dave Henning, the original Big Wreck bassist? I enjoyed the interview but was a bit put off when they were talking about previous band members, I mean, they couldn't even name their first bass player and just refered to him as "this bass player" and then Frank said "got rid of their other rhythm player". It just came across as a bit smug, arrogant, and somewhat disrespectful.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

How can someone screw playing the bass? I mean, I know that there are bad bass players, but if you get the chance to meet Slash and jam with him, you are not a beginner or something like that. I wonder what Slash didn't like about him... Maybe something about his personality.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Roneit wrote: I like when they talk about how is the process of writing of Myles. And how there is this constantly cloud above him called Axl Rose's fans.
"They" didn't really talk about it. Frank just said one line about the comparisons from Axl fans

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I don't get the Axl comparisons. Sure, Myles is playing some Guns songs with Slash. Fine. But it's not as if he's doing an entire GNR set with Slash, Izzy or Gilby, Duff, and Matt or Steve. He's not at all taking Acl's place. He's in a band with Slash, playing mostly originals, along with a few GNR, VR, and Snakepit covers.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

abw1987 wrote:I don't get the Axl comparisons. Sure, Myles is playing some Guns songs with Slash. Fine. But it's not as if he's doing an entire GNR set with Slash, Izzy or Gilby, Duff, and Matt or Steve. He's not at all taking Acl's place. He's in a band with Slash, playing mostly originals, along with a few GNR, VR, and Snakepit covers.
Well, Axl's fans are usually irrational. And doesnt help when Axl say that Slash is a cancer and nobody should be around him.

They just can accept that Slash was a important member of GNR. And they consider Axl's band as GNR, so Slash and Myles shouldnt play GNR songs.

Plus, Slash's fans are always saying that Myles sing GNR songs better than Axl. Poor Myles is just in the middle of all that.

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

Roneit wrote: Well, Axl's fans are usually irrational. And doesnt help when Axl say that Slash is a cancer and nobody should be around him.

They just can accept that Slash was a important member of GNR. And they consider Axl's band as GNR, so Slash and Myles shouldnt play GNR songs.

Plus, Slash's fans are always saying that Myles sing GNR songs better than Axl. Poor Myles is just in the middle of all that.
:yeahthat but I'm afraid that this topic is eternal, and probably unsolvable :facepalm

Die-hard current GNR / Axl fans are often quite radical IMO. Poor will be any good singer who will work with Slash, sing GNR stuff and everyone will be compared with Axl by them.

Their shame, that they can´t simply accept and enjoy Slash / Myles great music. They are blinded... Fortunately, we are the ones who are happy!

:cheers

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Anyccka wrote:
Roneit wrote: Well, Axl's fans are usually irrational. And doesnt help when Axl say that Slash is a cancer and nobody should be around him.

:yeahthat but I'm afraid that this topic is eternal, and probably unsolvable :facepalm

Die-hard current GNR / Axl fans are often quite radical IMO. Poor will be any good singer who will work with Slash, sing GNR stuff and everyone will be compared with Axl by them.

Their shame, that they can´t simply accept and enjoy Slash / Myles great music. They are blinded... Fortunately, we are the ones who are happy!

:cheers

You know what I was thinking one of these days? If the same situation happen with Alter Bridge. Can you imagine Mark team up with another vocalist, and this guy starts to sing AB songs. Men, I dont think I would like it.

So I realise, I am a die-hard Myles's bitch fan.
Last edited by Roneit on Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyccka
Bought The CDs

Post by Anyccka »

Roneit wrote: You kwon what I was thinking one of these days? If the same situation happen with Alter Bridge. Can you imagine Mark team up with another vocalist, and this guy starts to sing AB songs. Men, I dont think I would like it.

So I realise, I am a die-hard Myles's bitch fan.
I was just thinking about the same, when I answered you. Maybe this is the reason, why I´m a big fan "old good" GnR - if I can name it like this. So if such a thing - God forbid!!! - happen, I would for sure be a die-hard fan of "old good" AB. And probably most of us here are MF4 fans...

Because even I am a die-hard Myles's bitch fan

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Haha, now that is an interesting hypothetical.

I suppose that is why Alter Bridge was not interested in performing Creed songs, despite the fact that most fans would already know most of the songs.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

abw1987 wrote:Haha, now that is an interesting hypothetical.

I suppose that is why Alter Bridge was not interested in performing Creed songs, despite the fact that most fans would already know most of the songs.
That and the fact Myles is a tenor while Stapp is a barithone, so the Creed songs would sound weird as well.

I can't see Myles singing Higher, for example. Obviously he can do it, but it'd sound so different from the original recording that people would be like this => :wtf

Not to mention the comparissons and fan wars wouldn't do good for any of them: Myles, band, Stapp and the fans themselves.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

They could try to play Higher in B and make Myles sing it 9 steps higher :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

abw1987 wrote: I suppose that is why Alter Bridge was not interested in performing Creed songs, despite the fact that most fans would already know most of the songs.
I don't think this was ever an option. Even if Mark started a new band with a singer who has a range similar to Stapp's, they weren't going to play Creed songs. It was always intended to be a new band.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Exactly my point. Mark didn't want his new band to be just some band that plays Creed songs with a different singer. He wanted it to be its own thing.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

What I admire the most about Mark is his ability to start a new band from the beginning and make so freaking great! I wonder how do they decide that Myles should be the new singer...

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Roneit wrote:What I admire the most about Mark is his ability to start a new band from the beginning and make so freaking great! I wonder how do they decide that Myles should be the new singer...
The first time they learned of Myles was when The Mayfield Four opened for Creed back in the day (late 90s). I think I've heard Mark and/or Flip say that, when auditioning singers for Alter Bridge, they kept thinking of Myles from that tour.