Interview with Myles on UG

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Interview with Myles on UG

Post by Timotheus »

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/intervie ... ml#4922930

Amazing interview with Myles. It's a really long read :D but the interviewer really did his homework :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

agny
On The Rail

Re: Interview with Myles on UG

Post by agny »

Really great interview.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

BloodRedHalo
Bought The CDs

Post by BloodRedHalo »

Brilliant interview,

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

I didnt finished read yeat, but so far, I would like to detach these parts:

-----------------------------

In 2002 you actually wanted to quit music altogether. Why?

I was burned out: I was burned out as a writer and I was burned out as a performer and I just didn't know what the next step was. So I went back to Spokane teaching guitar for about a year and just trying to reevaluate everything. I was still writing but I wasn't actively pursuing a band or anything like that.

Man, I always hate to read or hear this kind of things in his interviews. To think he almost gave up, because he didnt have the recognition he deserves. Imagine a world without Myles Kennedy songs. Stupid industrial music people.

Wasn't it around this time that Slash called you to audition for Velvet Revolver?

They had reached out and asked if I'd be interested in auditioning and sent a demo. They'd sent four songs that were just essentially empty canvasses for me to put a melody and lyrics to. I actually worked on about three of the songs and recorded 'em in my little home studio and basically never sent 'em back. I respectfully bowed out because like I said that was that 2002 period and I still was pretty-for lack of a better word-kind of shell shocked from the last few years. Just burnt out and kind of lost my confidence.

-------------------------------

I would love to hear that!!!

Which brings up another interesting point in that you didn't play any guitar on the "One Day Remains" album. Did that bother you?

I think it was such a limited amount of time, I didn't really give it any consideration. Now when we started touring that record? That was a different story because that was the very first time I had to go out with a guitar on. Let me tell ya-I can't watch anything from that era. It's excruciating because you can just tell and you can see in my body language, I didn't have a clue what to do with my hands [laughs]. And so it was kind of funny.

It' funny to think that Myles was unconfortable just singing at the begining. I know Myles never wasn't any David Lee Roth kind of vocalist and it's nice to hear his side of the story about been a frontman without a guitar.