Next Conspirators album late 2013/early 2014?

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Roneit
Loyal Follower

Re: Next Conspirators album late 2013/early 2014?

Post by Roneit »

dolo1993 wrote:
abw1987 wrote: Slash brought straight-up, blues-based rock n' roll.
Axl brought more of the high art, extended piano interludes, etc.
Izzy brought melody and song structure.
And Myles is more metal/modern rock-oriented guy having all these 3 AB records done. I hope that his musical creativity will not turn into simplicity after all that he did with Slash.
Well, to be honest, I am not concern about that...

I am actually more concern that Myles, being such a good guy like he is, doesn't put all that he can do to not overshine his parter. He pulls back when he is working with Mark and Slash, and limit himself just to write lyrics and make the melodies match.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Roneit wrote:I am actually more concern that Myles, being such a good guy like he is, doesn't put all that he can do to not overshine his parter. He pulls back when he is working with Mark and Slash, and limit himself just to write lyrics and make the melodies match.
That's actually a good point. He's so humble, he doesn't want to steal the show from the other talented musicians in his bands. Does that mean he could potentially offer more impressive vocals and guitar? Who knows. Although I think we're all aware of how good Myles is on the guitar.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

abw1987 wrote:
Roneit wrote:I am actually more concern that Myles, being such a good guy like he is, doesn't put all that he can do to not overshine his parter. He pulls back when he is working with Mark and Slash, and limit himself just to write lyrics and make the melodies match.
That's actually a good point. He's so humble, he doesn't want to steal the show from the other talented musicians in his bands. Does that mean he could potentially offer more impressive vocals and guitar? Who knows. Although I think we're all aware of how good Myles is on the guitar.
Maybe someday we'll find out with his solo album. Crossing my fingers for 2018 :slam

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

MidnightToker wrote:
abw1987 wrote:
Maybe someday we'll find out with his solo album. Crossing my fingers for 2018 :slam
I wonder if he is going to ask Mark and Slash to play in it. Slash once offer himself to play. That was before even Slash release his first solo album.

I wish it would sound like Mayfield Four, specially Second Skin.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I believe Slash already recorded a guest solo on Myles' solo album. I forget whether Mark has done the same.

Decay

Post by Decay »

abw1987 wrote:I believe Slash already recorded a guest solo on Myles' solo album. I forget whether Mark has done the same.
Yes, both Slash and Mark have guest spots on Myles' solo record. That being said, there is only one question left... When in the bloody hell is Myles' solo record gonna be released?!
I mean, come fucking on, it's been collecting dust since 2009.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's not like the man has any free time. He's only home like 2-3 weeks out of the year as it is.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

This is bullpoop that we'll never hear Myles solo album

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

MidnightToker wrote:This is bullpoop that we'll never hear Myles solo album
yeah, I am starting to believe in that. AB IV this year and maybe another Conspirators album, and I can see this going over and over again.

Myles is too nice to say, hey if you let me, I would like some time to release my album.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't think it's that he's too nice. I just think he finds it less important at the moment. He's having a blast with Slash and is trying to stay loyal to the Alter Bridge fans. I think that he wants to wait till everything's cooled down a bit. Slash's solo project won't last forever..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

To be quite honest, Mark brings enough metal to Alter Bridge, so I really hope Myles brings some of the bluesy/ classic rock influence of Slash to ABIV.

Regarding the time frame, I understand Myles co-wrote most of the songs with Slash for Apocalyptic Love, as they'd always exchange ideas. That was before Slash putting a band together, with another rythim guitar player.

If that's the case, I think Slash will record the next album with The Conspirators and Myles would only lay the vocalsl, so it'd require less time and effort of him.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Marcos wrote:To be quite honest, Mark brings enough metal to Alter Bridge, so I really hope Myles brings some of the bluesy/ classic rock influence of Slash to ABIV.

Regarding the time frame, I understand Myles co-wrote most of the songs with Slash for Apocalyptic Love, as they'd always exchange ideas. That was before Slash putting a band together, with another rythim guitar player.

If that's the case, I think Slash will record the next album with The Conspirators and Myles would only lay the vocals, so it'd require less time and effort of him.
I was wondering why Slash bring another rythim guitar player to the band and didnt keep Myles to do that. I think Slash thought it would be too much to ask to Myles. Learn to sing and play a whole bunch of songs.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

+ Myles sings a better without a guitar in his hands ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Roneit
Loyal Follower

Post by Roneit »

Sooooooooooo it's official. We are going to have a new next album with Myles and Slash.

http://www.jacarandafm.com/post/kings-of-chaos-on-mbd/

Urgh! I hate when I see written Miles...

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

Screw Slash

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Cthree922012 wrote:Screw Slash
Why are you so negative when it comes to Slash? Holy, you'd think Slash gave Myles an ultimatum between his band and AB or something. You're getting an Alter Bridge album and tour this year. The Slash/Myles/Conspirators album will happen next year, but it's not like the AB tour will be cut short because Slash wants a new album. Slash said he's been writing since AL was put out and he will send his ideas to Myles to work on while he's on tour, the same thing Myles and Mark do while they're not together.

Just relax until you find out what the AB tour looks like. If the tour is ridiculously short and the Slash album comes out in very early 2014, fine, I'll understand then. But you don't even know what the schedule is right now.

EDIT: For me, I'm excited for the new Slash album. I love Apocalyptic Love and I thnk a new album will be just as great if not better. Looking forward to it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think the sad part is when you count back to the end of the Blackbird tour in 2008 to now, that's almost been 5 years. In the grand scheme, Alter Bridge will have toured only 1 year's amount of time in 5 total spanning from the end of 08 to the end of 13 thanks to Creed, Slash, Tremonti, etc.

I don't mind the other projects, but when the band says Alter Bridge is the #1 priority, it doesn't necessarily show as far as time goes.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

We all knew another Conspirators album was coming, so no surprises there. I'll get all excited before it no doubt, it'll be fun. I'd rather it was only Alter Bridge that was existing and we were getting an album every two years and plenty of touring, but this isn't a bad second choice.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Inconquerable wrote:
Why are you so negative when it comes to Slash? Holy, you'd think Slash gave Myles an ultimatum between his band and AB or something. You're getting an Alter Bridge album and tour this year. The Slash/Myles/Conspirators album will happen next year, but it's not like the AB tour will be cut short because Slash wants a new album. Slash said he's been writing since AL was put out and he will send his ideas to Myles to work on while he's on tour, the same thing Myles and Mark do while they're not together.

Just relax until you find out what the AB tour looks like. If the tour is ridiculously short and the Slash album comes out in very early 2014, fine, I'll understand then. But you don't even know what the schedule is right now.

EDIT: For me, I'm excited for the new Slash album. I love Apocalyptic Love and I thnk a new album will be just as great if not better. Looking forward to it.
It sounds like you are more excited for the Slash stuff than for AB album etc. Personally, I have no problem with Myles & Slash producing new music and playing tours, but it looks like the new AB tour has been made shorter due to new Conspirators project coming up.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

Andy92 wrote:I think the sad part is when you count back to the end of the Blackbird tour in 2008 to now, that's almost been 5 years.
Do you not recall an album called AB III? And the corresponding tour?