Slash, Myles and the Conspirators in Buenos Aires - Reviews

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Slash, Myles and the Conspirators in Buenos Aires - Reviews

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

As the title says, this space is to share reviews, both fan and professional, of the two shows Slash and Myles played with Brent, Todd and Frankie, as well as videos, photos and anything else.

Mine is just from the first show of the two, in a basketball stadium which held roughly 9,000 people. I missed Black Label Society because I had to wait for my wife to return from the cinema, Brent had left us tickets at the door and they were in her name. Still, I decline to say which vampire based movie she went to see! So her, our friends and I got our tickets and made our way inside the packed venue. The first thing that hit us was a wall of heat as we walked in the door, it was going to be a real rock and roll show, hotter and sweatier than satan's jockstrap!

We found a place where we could see, and eventually out came Myles, Slash and the guys, straight into Halo, and the crowd went wild. Next up was Nighttrain, and if you've never known what tonnes of concrete bouncing in time with an audience is like, it's impossible to explain how crazy people went, you couldn't hear the band clearly over the audience.

When I say it was hot in there, I mean seriously hot. Dangerously warm even, three of my group of 5 spent a lot of the show sat down because they couldn't take standing up in the heat. Everyone got out fine as far as I'm aware though.

Much of the rest of the show is a blur of awesomeness, but the band were perfect, Todd was brilliant in the songs he got to sing, and Myles was Myles F'n Kennedy! Slash can be a little self-indulgent with the solos sometimes, and I feel sorry for Brent who is the only one who can't take a rest on stage while they all twirl away in their own things.

I would like to point out the level of love for Myles too, after every one of those awesome notes he hits like it was nothing, people cheered really loudly, and the participation on Back From Cali and Starlight were highlights for me.

Don't just take it from me though, Telam, probably Argentina's most important news agency, said that the guys made the venue "burn", and that Myles "confirmed that he is one of the best singers of the new hard rock generation." They added that while "the last two appearances of Axl in this country were pathetic" that Slash "made the right choice in taking this path, away from the Guns".

Clarín, the biggest selling daily newspaper in the country said that "Myles Kennedy does his job perfectly, without stealing the limelight from Slash and when he covers Velvet Revolver and Guns 'n' Roses, he makes us ask "Scott who?" and "Axl what's his name?".

Here's Nightrain and Paradise City, so you can see how mental this crowd was:

[youtube]http://youtu.be/6g1BSI_EUEM[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/fP38WQjhiho[/youtube]

Who else was there? Share your views, if you weren't, share your comments anyway, on the video or on anything to do with these shows. :cheers

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Re: Slash, Myles and the Conspirators in Buenos Aires - Revi

Post by vmt7007 »

Those videos are amazing with the crowd and all.

It is hard to believe at times Myles/Slash just met a few years ago.

That band plays with the kind of chemistry you just don't see every day, and usually takes a long time to get to that level.

Myles particularly has totally grown into his role as the front man of this band. He has grown tremendously as a performer from his first shows of this starting in early 2010.

I think any fears about his voice not being what it was are out the window as well. He has flat been bringing it for the AL tour period this year, going for all the big notes like I haven't seen from him in a while. Guy is singing out of his mind out there.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Wow! At the crowd and the guys on stage :)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I am sitting here with a huge grin on my face from watching those videos. I have never in my life seen a crowd so passionate. And it wasn't just for the expected tracks (namely Nightrain and Paradise City). They sang just as loud for Slash songs like Ghost and Starlight. Myles and the guys must feel so good right now.

Also this paragraph is epic :lol -
Der_Metzgermeister wrote:Mine is just from the first show of the two, in a basketball stadium which held roughly 9,000 people. I missed Black Label Society because I had to wait for my wife to return from the cinema, Brent had left us tickets at the door and they were in her name. Still, I decline to say which vampire based movie she went to see! So her, our friends and I got our tickets and made our way inside the packed venue. The first thing that hit us was a wall of heat as we walked in the door, it was going to be a real rock and roll show, hotter and sweatier than satan's jockstrap!

vmt7007
TABN.com Citizen

Post by vmt7007 »

abw1987 wrote:I am sitting here with a huge grin on my face from watching those videos. I have never in my life seen a crowd so passionate. And it wasn't just for the expected tracks (namely Nightrain and Paradise City). They sang just as loud for Slash songs like Ghost and Starlight. Myles and the guys must feel so good right now.

Also this paragraph is epic :lol -
Der_Metzgermeister wrote:Mine is just from the first show of the two, in a basketball stadium which held roughly 9,000 people. I missed Black Label Society because I had to wait for my wife to return from the cinema, Brent had left us tickets at the door and they were in her name. Still, I decline to say which vampire based movie she went to see! So her, our friends and I got our tickets and made our way inside the packed venue. The first thing that hit us was a wall of heat as we walked in the door, it was going to be a real rock and roll show, hotter and sweatier than satan's jockstrap!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IoLZc7x ... ature=plcp

Check out this video, it is of Standing in the Sun and Back from Cali. Both Myles songs, and the crowd is still going wild.

I am so happy for him. I have seen most of the videos from this gig and he genuinely looks to be having the time of his life up there.

It was one thing when he was singing mostly covers, but original Myles/Slash songs are making up almost half the setlist anymore, so this has to be so much more rewarding for him this time around.

Gigs like this I guess are why he kills himself to play with 2 bands year round essentially. I am not a musician, but it has to feel amazing seeing a wild crowd like that singing the words to your songs.

Der_Metzgermeister
Loyal Follower

Post by Der_Metzgermeister »

I went to the hotel to see Brent yesterday, and he said they were all blown away by the shows here. Myles at one point in the show said that Argentina was one of, if not THE best rock and roll crowds in the world. Brent flat out said it was the best of the tour, and joked that the only reason Myles didn't want to say definitely the best was not wanting to upset Brazil when they see the videos :P

Myles had the time of his life out there, and I'd also like to add that all three of the Conspirators (Brent, Todd and Frankie) are three of the nicest guys out there, for those who don't already know. They live in permanent lockdown in hotels around the world, they'd love to be able to go out and see the cities they play in, but Slash's security is so tight (he has security both outside and inside the hotel, all with radio sets). Still, they're out signing every day at the hotel doors and always smiling.

Marcos
Achilles

Post by Marcos »

ouch! Your review is far more brilliant than mine! :( :lol j/k

Awesome! In Brazil several newspapers and sites acclaimed Myles as well, except for the one my parents are readers and in which the critic was so bitter he complained Slash plays too many solos live.