Deluxe Version of APOCALYPTIC LOVE Coming

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
devv88
Isolated

Deluxe Version of APOCALYPTIC LOVE Coming

Post by devv88 »

Three-discs: first is the full album, plus the two b-sides, second is the eight-track, acoustic Guitar Sessions, third is a DVD of their concert in New York. Pretty cool, but Best Buy, U.S. only, from what I understand. November 19th.
As SLASH Featuring Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators are currently embarked on their world tour, the group have announced they’ll release a special 3-disc special enhanced edition of their acclaimed new studio album APOCALYPTIC LOVE exclusively at Best Buy on November 19. The collection includes the full 15-track version of the album including bonus songs “Crazy Life” and “Carolina,” eight unreleased acoustic tracks from the group’s Guitar Center Sessions as well as the “Live From NY” concert DVD from SLASH’s sold-out record release show filmed live at Irving Plaza in New York City. The special enhanced edition will also include a collectible guitar pick tin.

Produced by Eric Valentine, who also did the same honors for his first solo disc Slash, all the songs on APOCALYPTIC LOVE were written together by Slash and Myles Kennedy. SLASH and his bandmates Myles Kennedy and The Conspirators–Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums), Todd Kerns (bass) and Frank Sidoris (guitar)–are riding a wave of critical acclaim with a four-star review in Revolver magazine noting: “Apocalyptic Love is at heart a collection of lean, high-octane rock-and-roll tunes built to be blasted out of open-top sports cars or, more suitably, open-air stadiums” (July 2012). Elsewhere, the Los Angeles Times said: “Fans of his work in GNR and Velvet Revolver will find much to embrace in the album’s 13 tracks, ranging from the sneering rock hooks of ‘You’re a Lie’ and the heavy metal grind of ‘Halo’ to the extended instrumental passages on ‘Anastasia’” (May 24, 2012)
Source: http://slashonline.com/2012/11/12/apoca ... ion-in-us/

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Deluxe Version of APOCALYPTIC LOVE Coming

Post by BSC »

I swear Slash has as many re-releases and multiple editions of his two solo albums than most bands have studio albums in their career. I get the impression Slash just milks his albums dry for as much money as possible, then when they stop selling he makes another?

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

I'm just hoping they release the thing digitally so that I can buy the Guitar Center sessions separately.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Probably buy it just for the guitar sessions, unless they get released stand alone.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Another vote for a DVD or CD or digital audio of Guitar Sessions alone.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

So is that what the US is getting instead of this? Bummer.
http://slashonline.com/2012/09/28/slash ... n-package/
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I'll be at Best Buy after work picking this up along with my Zeppelin reunion DVD and cd.
Photobucket cash grab.