Re: The Official MAYFIELD FOUR Thread

Post by Andy92 »

No complaints there really.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Mercy Rub is literally perfect. It's beautiful in every fucking way. Lyrics, build-up, the soft strumming of the guitar, the silence during that one note Myles sings. Fuck me sideways that song is so beautiful. I like a ton of MF4 songs, but nothing comes close to touching how mercy rub makes me feel

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Can anyone share the full version of Mercy Rub? I know that's probably against the rules, but it's the only MF4 song I've yet to hear.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/iStGOHJUSaM[/youtube]

Carrie Anne
Brand New Start

Post by Carrie Anne »

One Drew Remains wrote:I just listened to Second Skin in it's entirety for the first time. Love, love, love it. No wonder he was Mark's first choice.
I have had it on in the background, but tonight I'm actually listening (headphones on, really paying attention) DANG. I love it. I am totally digging the real and raw lyrics. Different than AB. Love the storytelling in Lyla, and Sick & Wrong is pretty kick ass...for some reason I just think it's funny when Myles says (sings) "fuck."

Makes me mad at 2001 me for listening to whatever crap I was into instead of Mayfield Four. Myles Kennedy > Brian from the Backstreet Boys. Dangit, 2001 me!

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

So, a quick question regarding the song 'Fallout'--what does he mean by "cake and doubt" in "..Is that the state of relations that I've made for myself? 'Cause it's cake and doubt, oh and I won't trust again."?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

He's talking about the relationship that eating cake has on one's life. If you eat cake, you'll get fat, and begin to doubt yourself. And then, after you see the result of you getting fat, then you'll never trust cake again. No sir.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

AB23 wrote:He's talking about the relationship that eating cake has on one's life. If you eat cake, you'll get fat, and begin to doubt yourself. And then, after you see the result of you getting fat, then you'll never trust cake again. No sir.
:lol Monty!

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

AB23 wrote:He's talking about the relationship that eating cake has on one's life. If you eat cake, you'll get fat, and begin to doubt yourself. And then, after you see the result of you getting fat, then you'll never trust cake again. No sir.
Ahh, how did I miss that!?

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

ya i mean its pretty straightforward

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

I love cake

psycosquirrel789
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by psycosquirrel789 »

hackingislife wrote:So, a quick question regarding the song 'Fallout'--what does he mean by "cake and doubt" in "..Is that the state of relations that I've made for myself? 'Cause it's cake and doubt, oh and I won't trust again."?
He's saying "caked in doubt", like buried in doubt or covered in doubt.

hackingislife
TABN.com Citizen

Post by hackingislife »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:
hackingislife wrote:So, a quick question regarding the song 'Fallout'--what does he mean by "cake and doubt" in "..Is that the state of relations that I've made for myself? 'Cause it's cake and doubt, oh and I won't trust again."?
That makes sense!! And I feel a little stupid. But thanks! :)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

psycosquirrel789 wrote:
thats not true at all quit confusing the boy

Them Bones
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Them Bones »

I have been listening to a lotta of MF4 lately, this vibe of music suits Myles so much more than his present projects. Citizen Swing MF4 are where Myles was his best IMO. And those bass lines are pretty good.
Its sad that Marshall's bass is just not prominent enough on AB records.
Over thinking, over analyzing, separates my body from my mind..

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Respectfully, but adamantly disagree. On both accounts. His voice sounds better sure, and he was more inclined to have a wider range with the slower ballads, but that doesn't by any means show that his voice "suits" it more. Logically speaking, maybe his voice was stronger at that age. Maybe now its worn out. Maybe he was more inclined to hit those notes because his band members weren't as strong/popular as they are with AB. Several reasons as to why he sounds better back then, but I definitely don't think its because the slow ballads fit his voice better. He's one of the best vocals in the industry today. He's shown great flexibility in almost every sub-genre of rock.

As far B Marsh, I also disagree. Perhaps in the first few albums. But, especially throughout Fortress, I think his talents are showcased. Much more than they have in his entire career. I think the same is with Mark. WIth AB, he is showcased MUCH more than he ever was prior. There is no doubt.

Just my opinion

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

I agree with Them Bones.
Myles shined way more vocally on the MF4 and Citizen Swing albums. Alternative rock was definitely his thing.

As to BMarsh, he shined more on the first 2 Creed records. Why ? Because we could actually hear him on the album ! :p
Also, the fact that a lot of songs had clean guitar allowed the bass to be higher in the mix.

LouNRoses
Brand New Start

Post by LouNRoses »

Totally agree ! In my opinion, Citizen Swing was the best of Myles' bands ! :)
Hold on for your life, because Only the Strong Survive.
20.06.10 / 12.07.11 / 02.10.11 / 05.10.11 / 20.10.12 / 24.10.13 / 05.11.13 / 21.06.14 / 27.06.14

Aaron
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Aaron »

I've been listening to MF4 alot lately, more than usual. Some of the b-sides are better than the songs that made the albums, Myles has a tendency to cut the better songs for some reason (i.e Zero, New Way To Live)
Reigns Over Me is one of the best songs I've heard in my life, when I met Myles again in Seattle in October I made sure to tell him that the MF4 albums were masterpieces, I will always believe that.

On a side note: My girlfriend is pregnant and we've decided if we have a girl that we're going to name her Lyla. I can't wait :)