New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
JaredWard
Blood Machines

New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by JaredWard »

Thoughts?

https://www.guitarworld.com/artists/sla ... eir-return

Slash featuring Myles Kennedy & the Conspirators have announced their return. The group will release their as-yet untitled third album this fall, and embark on a North American tour around that time.

The group—Slash (guitar), Myles Kennedy (vocals), Brent Fitz (drums), Todd Kerns (bass, vocals) and Frank Sidoris (guitar, vocals)—is currently in the studio with producer Michael “Elvis” Baskette (Alter Bridge, Iggy Pop, Incubus).

“I'm excited about the new stuff we put together for this next record; it's got some cool songs and it's got a great live feel,” Slash said in a press release. "I've been working with Myles, Brent and Todd for about 8 years now. It's been an amazing ride so far; as a band we continue to get better which is great. With the addition of Frank since the World On Fire tour, I feel we have hit a great, creative stride which I definitely think shows on this next record.”

“Guns N’ Roses will be headlining European festivals this summer," Slash added. "It’s going to be a 110% performance and a huge blast. I love doing European fests and this is the first time we’ve done any proper festivals over there on the Not In This Lifetime tour. It’s indescribable to explain these shows. I’m looking over and seeing Axl, Duff and Dizzy whom I’ve known forever, but it also feels like an entirely new experience with Richard, Frank and Melissa. It’s like being in a new band, except there’s a chemistry that is established from days of old, so it’s a natural thing that’s always been there.”

nagpo
On The Rail

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by nagpo »

Fuck. Yes.

Although I expected maybe a new GnR record before this. This is a pleasant surprise. I love the slash records, they're great rock n' roll music.

This year we're getting
Myles solo record
Slash ft. myles and consp.
Tremonti solo
Stapp solo

What a great fucking year guys.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Seems like Slash wants work with a decent singer again. Btw, 8 years already... time flies, man.

On the negative side: There won't be a new GnR record soon (?).

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Looks like another derivative album is on the way...
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Liked World on Fire plenty, and now Myles has finally got a solo album out I can look forward to this without feeling bitter!

I see Frank's getting a recording role here as well.
For all of the hope that it brings...

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo wrote:Looks like another derivative album is on the way...
:facepalm

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

What is Myles going to do in 2019?
Slash is probably going to want to tour his ass off as usual, but it's supposed to be an AB year.
I also wonder if they'll keep playing any GNR songs live, now that the band is back.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ubik wrote:Liked World on Fire plenty, and now Myles has finally got a solo album out I can look forward to this without feeling bitter!

I see Frank's getting a recording role here as well.
Yep, I concur. We got what we wanted. A solo album and a standalone acoustic tour. A couple of things I got questions about though. I read that Myles expressed interest doing more solo shows after this run in May, that time with a backing band. I wonder if that's still on the table in 2018?

Also, where does this leave AB since Slash wants to tour a lot in an album run and that probably goes into 2019? Honestly, I don't mind if AB VI gets pushed back a year since they toured a lot and done a lot in 2016-2017 and it's probably for the better if they hold the next album off until they really get some fresh ideas and perspectives.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

At a guess - Slash and co tour the album in the autumn and winter of '18, then the guys meet up for writing, pre-prod and recording in the first few months of '19, Slash goes out for another tour that spring/summer and AB6 is released in the usual September/October/November timeline. Or he just goes back to touring with Guns and there's no juggling.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Wow, this is unexpected! I guess it makes sense because it looks like Axl it gonna record with AC/DC now. As for the "threat" to the AB VI schedule, I agree that it'd be ok if that's pushed back a little because of all of this. I really wouldn't blame the guys if they needed a little break after the past couple of years.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm interested in hearing what Frank will add to the songwriting. Looking forward to anything from this project, as usual.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

nagpo wrote:
Any problem mate? Are you expecting anything different from a cheesy hard rock sounding record like the ones Slash has gotten us used to over the years?
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Im okay with it As long as it doesn't push back the plans for AB VI.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Im okay with it As long as it doesn't push back the plans for AB VI.
Pretty certain Napalm won't allow that to happen.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Dolo wrote:
nagpo wrote:
Any problem mate? Are you expecting anything different from a cheesy hard rock sounding record like the ones Slash has gotten us used to over the years?
I'm not the one with the problem it seems.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dan Dando wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Im okay with it As long as it doesn't push back the plans for AB VI.
Pretty certain Napalm won't allow that to happen.
That's a good point. I hope Napalm and Janus Music Management has a good clear layout with AB on what's to come for AB for the near future in terms of releasing stuff and keep us fans excited for the band's future.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I honestly would mind if AB6 takes a little more time (talking months, not years) to come out if it makes for a better album. The Last Hero didn't out-do Fortress, so if they need a little extra time to put forth a top effort, I'm fine with that.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Andy92 wrote:I honestly would mind if AB6 takes a little more time (talking months, not years) to come out if it makes for a better album. The Last Hero didn't out-do Fortress, so if they need a little extra time to put forth a top effort, I'm fine with that.
I would also add my 2 cents that TLH wasn't even as good musically as Fortress so if taking more time away to energize those creative juices would make a better AB6, that would be would be okay with me as well.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I think they spent longer on pre-prod for TLH than Fortress. I think Fortress benefitted from the Mark and Myles having had different experiences with new bands/approaches, hopefully something similar could happen again after Myles' solo odyssey and Mark's stretching of himself writing the concept album.

Dangerously close to an AB6 wishlist post so I shall end with a YAY MORE ELVIS!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Elvis is certainly having an insanely great run of working with great bands and creating, at the very least, good albums (sometimes, really great albums). This is what he has done since 2013.

Fortress, World on Fire, Cauterize, Dust, Trivium's Silence in the Snow, The Last Hero, Year of the Tiger among others (like Falling In Reverse's albums, but we don't talk about that band here).

This is what is about to be released in 2018 produced by him. Sevendust's All I See is War. Tremonti's A Dying Machine and Slash/Myles/Conspirators part III (electric boogaloo).