New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Discuss Myles Kennedy, Slash, MF4 etc
MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: New Slash/MK Album On The Way

Post by MidnightToker »

Ubik wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Was wondering what that would mean for AB7 but realised it's basically pointless trying to predict how all their shit fits together these days.
Probably doesn't have an impact on AB. I think the SMKC records have always been released on a different label than AB's, even though they both typically use Elvis as a producer.

Speaking of Elvis, a guy on MyGNR forum said there is a different producer for SMKC4. That's very intriguing to me. The only times in the last 20 years that Myles has not worked with Elvis were on One Day Remains and Apocalyptic Love, if I'm not mistaken.

UninvitedZero
Isolated

Post by UninvitedZero »

According to Myles... The new Conspirators record is finished and hopefully being released early 2022!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Just saw something on Facebook that Im not sure is 100% confirmed but supposedly Slash has said the new SMKC record is out In February 2022 with the lead single out this October.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:47 pm Just saw something on Facebook that Im not sure is 100% confirmed but supposedly Slash has said the new SMKC record is out In February 2022 with the lead single out this October.
Oooo yes please!

DarkKnight12
White Knuckled

Post by DarkKnight12 »

MidnightToker wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:37 am
Ubik wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm Was wondering what that would mean for AB7 but realised it's basically pointless trying to predict how all their shit fits together these days.
Probably doesn't have an impact on AB. I think the SMKC records have always been released on a different label than AB's, even though they both typically use Elvis as a producer.

Speaking of Elvis, a guy on MyGNR forum said there is a different producer for SMKC4. That's very intriguing to me. The only times in the last 20 years that Myles has not worked with Elvis were on One Day Remains and Apocalyptic Love, if I'm not mistaken.
God, I just became hyped af for that record now.. Hopefully it is true!! (That there is a new producer)

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

https://www.tiktok.com/@slash/video/701 ... 4817253894

short 12 seconds clip Slash posted on TikTok teasing the new record with what looks like music video filming and new music with slash comments over it, maybe an announcement/the lead single could be coming soon?

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Hopefully this project will sound completely different from the previous album.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Last album suffered too much from the band, and Myles in particular, being on autopilot. Had some great songs though. Hopefully the new producer will breathe some new life into their sound.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Yeah, the only reason why I care about the new record is actually the fact that Elvis is not involved this time.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

SMKC needs longer songs with more opportunities like Anastasia for Slash to just solo for 2-3 mins straight, and another instrumental like Safari Inn. For someone who likes to solo for 20 minutes live on stage, he sure keeps his studio solos short and concise. :lol

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

First single "The River Is Rising" out October 22nd. As per the commentary in the video, this appears to almost be a "live studio" record.. Slash said they recorded the band playing the songs live together and I guess Myles vocals will have a live feel to them as well?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVLQsAfFj9i/

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Guessing the guy with the beard in the vid is the producer, anyone know who it is? Seems a similar recording process to Apocalyptic Love but doesn't look like Eric Valentine.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

According to the GNR forums, Dave Cobb is the producer for it.

Looks like he's a producer from Nashville that has produced a wide range of artists from pop, rock, and country. He looks to be the right guy for the job for this kind of band. Heck, he probably could have been the right guy for what Myles was going for in Ides of March.

WaywardOne
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WaywardOne »

Cool, love the sound of that! Excited to hear what kind of new vibe this brings.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

The new song is pretty interesting.

It's weird to hear Myles voice with another producer. I'm gonna wait with my judgement on the production until I hear an official release, but so far I think it sounds out of balance.

The song itself is a typical SMKC song, with the addition of a really fun bridge, and I also really like the outro.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

RevenantGB
TABN.com Citizen

Post by RevenantGB »

Agreed, I found it strange hearing Myles' voice like this. You can clearly tell the vocals were intended to sound as close to how Myles sounds live as possible. As for the song itself, just another run-of-the-mill Slash single. Nothing spectacular.
Let this be an exercise in how to face your fears
Step into the realm of madness if you dare, my dear

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Haven't heard the full song yet, about to listen to the iTunes preview here in a second...But here's the iTunes Tracklist and Song Lengths for it. I guess they couldnt come up with a title so they just named it "4"? :lol

EDIT: Okay so I just listened to the iTunes preview....I know this forum loves to rag on Elvis but that production on that preview sounded worse than what Elvis would do. Myles vocals just sounded weird and it had some questioning effects like overlapping vocals that weren't clear to understand or unnecessary effects on some instruments. Not excited about this song at all.

Also, I find it funny how when I searched "Slash" on iTunes nothing came up for me, when I searched Myles it did :lol

And I'm surprised there's only 10 songs this time around. Usually they like to write 12+ songs on a record.

Blackbirddd
White Knuckled

Post by Blackbirddd »

Another 'meh' song, this can probably be my least all time verse by Myles, the rhythm section in the solo and the solo itself are great, very GnR-like

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

:lol at "4"

New single is... eh. 4 months seems absurdly early though, or does it just seem longer because it crosses years?
For all of the hope that it brings...

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ubik wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:49 pm:lol at "4"

New single is... eh. 4 months seems absurdly early though, or does it just seem longer because it crosses years?
I think that's about a month earlier than when they've been released before. Usually its about 2-3 months not 4.